Flag logos

WindyCitySports

I was thinking about sports teams who incorporate flags in their logos. I like the idea and I can think of a few. Here's a few that come to mind:

Texas Rangers alt (TX state flag):

texas-rangers-logo-chris-creameraposs-sports-logos-page-sportslogos-435x465px.jpg

Baltimore Orioles patch (MD state flag):

baltimore20orioles20patch-thumb-493x546-1681281.jpg?w=493&h=546

Baltimore Ravens alt (MD state flag):

baltimore.gif?w=259&h=300

Maryland Terrapins alt (MD state flag):

Md_terps_logo_2.jpg

Columbus Blue Jackets primary (OH state flag):

CBJ+logo.gif

Chicago Red Stars primary (Chi city flag):

CRS_c.jpg

You'll find a lot that incorporate the American flag, but I like unique ones like these better.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Arizona Cardinals used to use the actual flag as a patch, correct?

state-flag-arizona.jpg

The Houston Texans primary is essentially the Texas flag folded into the shape of a bull:

Houston-Texans-Logo.gif

The Tennessee Titans use imagery from the Tennessee flag for their primary:

tennessee-titans-logo.jpg

South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL)

fu73vymyq454sqgac45bm5yfd.gif

vesmp5n3gkcv34elty2f4sugd.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Probably the only team to do so in any sport, the Calgary Flames wear both the Canadian flag and the Alberta flag as shoulder patches. I personally believe it makes the jersey look too busy and the blue Alberta flag doesn't go well with the overall Flames colour scheme. Does anyone know if other teams have used both national and province/state/city flags as shoulder patches, in hockey or elsewhere?

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

Probably the only team to do so in any sport, the Calgary Flames wear both the Canadian flag and the Alberta flag as shoulder patches. I personally believe it makes the jersey look too busy and the blue Alberta flag doesn't go well with the overall Flames colour scheme. Does anyone know if other teams have used both national and province/state/city flags as shoulder patches, in hockey or elsewhere?

It's worth noting that the Abbotsford Heat (Calgary's AHL affiliate) have the BC and Canadian flags as shoulder patches.

It's worth noting that the Abbotsford Heat (Calgary's AHL affiliate) have the BC and Canadian flags as shoulder patches.

It is dumb. If they want to include the Maple Leaf so bad, just pay someone to design a flaming maple leaf.

It's intended to simultaneously be a 'T' and represent the City Hall, but I've always thought the 'T' in Toronto's city flag matches the split font used by the Blue Jays.

torontoflag.jpg

1411.gif

Although I think I might be weird.

CCLSCsig-1.jpg

Uniform tracker - 2011 version coming soon...

Archived