2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

Has the Lakers' "5" always looked like that? Looks like an upside-down "2."

Even though the 5 is legit, it's still a photoshop job. You can see some pixel anomalies around the NOB and the last "E" is slightly higher than the rest of the letters on the arch. I didn't notice it until you pointed out the 5's weirdness.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Spurs are one of those teams I see the compressed schedule devouring. Either they win a lot of regular season games and wind up gassed against a 6/7/8, or Pop balances everyone's off nights at the expense of a strong regular season record and they run into the Thunder or Mavericks.

I really think the Grizzlies would beat them again in the playoffs given Flame's predictions.

The Bucks could sneak into the playoffs if Bogut can stay healthy and Jennings continues to improve.

Bogut is finished as a top-flight center if he ever was one in the first place. Jennings could singlehandedly will them to 8th or 9th unless the team is already so sick of Skiles that they quit on him.

Hoo boy, there's another candidate for compressed-schedule burnout: Skiles's team, or Skiles himself.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

When have young teams ever won in the NBA?

I'm thinking a distraction-less offseason does wonders for the Heat, and they run away with the East and the title. There's too much talent there not too; the Mavs were good but they got a lot of help from the Heat beating themselves in last year's final.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Has the Lakers' "5" always looked like that? Looks like an upside-down "2."

Even though the 5 is legit, it's still a photoshop job. You can see some pixel anomalies around the NOB and the last "E" is slightly higher than the rest of the letters on the arch. I didn't notice it until you pointed out the 5's weirdness.

That's just want the jersey looks like. Just a foul-up putting the letters on the jersey. Here's two more pictures. Not photoshopped. They were both from the Lakers' website's media day gallery.

IMG_1410.jpgIMG_1315.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

How can someone so flaky be so good at basketball? I feel like Artest, I mean, World Peace was born 20 years too late. Or too soon.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Kobe Bryant's wife filed for divorce after 10 years of marriage. 10 years of marriage is an important fact in this case. Because there was no pre-nup agreement.. in California after 10 years of marriage you are entitled to half of your partners assets. Something tells me she had that date circled on the calendar.

Jeff Green has heart surgery for an aortic aneurysm, will miss season.

His contract's voided, but it probably saved his life.

That's too bad, but its a good thing they caught it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Trying something new this year:

QLkT8.png

As difficult as the shortened regular season will be for an aging Dallas team, I think they're still one of the top teams in the West. I also think the Grizzlies, Nuggets, and Hornets will be the surprise teams of the year.

Can I ask why the hell you used those logos?

Granted, I'm not the most knowledgeable of NBA fans, but I think a lot of you are overrating the Magic. Whether he's staying or going, I think Dwight Howard is going to be a distraction for the team. Their current starting lineup isn't the scariest, and their bench doesn't look deep. And the Hawks put them away with relative ease in the playoffs last year.

I think Orlando finishes outside the top-5 in the East.

I know its not fancy and I usually don't post predictions but I think I had a couple interesting play-off picks (not in upsets but participants).

****TOOK MY LITTLE PLAY-OFF BRACKET DOWN IT WAS MESSED UP SORRY****

East----I think Heat and Bulls will dominate the regular season and again meet in the conference finals. The Celtics will have a good regular season but I think the age comes in to play in the post season. I think the Hawks will be better than people are giving them credit for, I could be wrong but I think the T-Mac aquistion will turn out pretty nice. The Knicks will be ok but I just don't think they're playing for the Knicks they're playing for the individuals. Magic will be around but I just don't think they make much noise unless they pull off a big trade....I don't see them making play-offs if they trade Dwight but it depends on what they would get for him. Last but no least in the East, the Pacers and 76ers will both progress, the Pacers a little more with the David West signing but neither one will be good enough to make much noise. I thought of the Raptors and Bucks as being possibilities for the 8th seed but the Sixers should be better than both teams.

West---- This was a little more hard to make a prediction on but I think the Thunder finally make it to the top with the Mavericks very close behind. I do believe the Clippers will be better than the Lakers and thats not an "in the moment" opinion, I just think the moves the Clips made and the Lakers giving away Odom is just too much. The Grizzlies will be much better, I think the return of Rudy Gay along with their momentum from last year will make them a threat again. I believe the Spurs will have a streaky season....losing streak/winning streaks throughout the season but I still think their better than the remaining west teams. The Jazz are a decent team and have an outside shot at being a seed higher than the Spurs but I don't think they will. I know not alot of people will agree with me but I could see the Timberwolves suprising people and ending up with the 8th seed, their squad will be exciting. I also think the Warriors and Kings will be alot better too but I just think the T-Wolves potential starts showing. I also thought about the Rockets and Nuggets but I just think neither team will make a step forward even though the Nuggets finished strong last year.

Finally my conference championship series were the same as last year but this year I think Durant puts the thought in peoples heads that he may be better than Bron James by semi suprising the NBA by taking out the Heat in 6 just like the Mavs.

Archived