2011-12 NBA Season

LeGooo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derrick Rose is just absurdly good. I had this game marked as overwith, and then wham- what a turnaround and clutch shot.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What a game, fantastic finish to the Bulls-Lakers game. Been a great day of basketball so far

If only the Warriors could be the Clippers, I'd be happy with the outcomes today. But sadly I don't think it's going to happen, since they've been playing catch up for most of the 2nd.

That was a day of sloppy, haphazard action, but damned if it wasn't fun.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Perhaps the best intro video I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5DnCzzKCzg&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

That was an incredible intro. I agree, definetely one of the best I've ever seen too. It's amazing what today's technology can pull off.

(Although it's still weird as hell to see D-Will in something other than a Jazz jersey, and it was just as weird seeing him paired against Stockton in that video :P)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Yeah, the NBA on TNT's easily one of the best sports production on television in the US, if not the best. Too bad Turner's MLB and especially their NASCAR coverage can't be as good. I've seen intros like that before mixing past and present, but I don't think anybody's done it as well as TNT did yesterday

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Yes ESPN, we get it, Mark Jackson is coaching now. Their obsession with Jackson has made a good game almost unwatchable.

I noticed that too. Forget that one of the league's best players is making their debut alongside Blake Griffin, THE HOLY MARK JACKSON IS A HEAD COACH!!!!

6uXNWAo.png

Yes ESPN, we get it, Mark Jackson is coaching now. Their obsession with Jackson has made a good game almost unwatchable.

I noticed that too. Forget that one of the league's best players is making their debut alongside Blake Griffin, THE HOLY MARK JACKSON IS A HEAD COACH!!!!

Come on! Really? The guy was a commentator with the those who were commentating the game (and a teammate with the other guy) for years/seasons. This is not even that bad. For all the forcing ESPN does, this hasn't even hit the tip of the iceberg.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

My thoughts from yesterday:

The Heat are ridiculously good. (And I loved what Dallas did with their uniforms to commemorate their title.)

Derrick Rose is unbelievably good. As long as the Bulls have him, they'll go places.

I loved what I saw from the Lakers. We played great defense in the second half and if we can do that consistently, we'll be a team to watch out for in the post-season. Kobe looked great. That surgery made him look like he was 29/30 again. I still think the Lakers would have won yesterday's game if the refs had called that blatant travel that Deng made, but we can also point out our missed free throws in the 4th as the real reason why we lost. Still, I loved our defense. I predict that the Bulls and Lakers will be the two best defensive teams this year.

LA's B-squad won and I still think OKC is the best the West has to offer.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Come on! Really? The guy was a commentator with the those who were commentating the game (and a teammate with the other guy) for years/seasons. This is not even that bad. For all the forcing ESPN does, this hasn't even hit the tip of the iceberg.

Did you watch the game? They actually missed several plays due to focusing on Mark Jackson on the sidelines. It'd be tough to top the level of obsession from ESPN last night.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I loved what I saw from the Lakers. We played great defense in the second half and if we can do that consistently, we'll be a team to watch out for in the post-season. Kobe looked great. That surgery made him look like he was 29/30 again. I still think the Lakers would have won yesterday's game if the refs had called that blatant travel that Deng made, but we can also point out our missed free throws in the 4th as the real reason why we lost. Still, I loved our defense. I predict that the Bulls and Lakers will be the two best defensive teams this year.

LA's B-squad won and I still think OKC is the best the West has to offer.

Madness.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Did you watch the game? They actually missed several plays due to focusing on Mark Jackson on the sidelines. It'd be tough to top the level of obsession from ESPN last night.

I watched, it was bad. To be honest, I couldn't care less about Mark Jackson, focus on the game why don't you.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I just went to my first NBA game since 1998. The T-Wolves are as advertised: lottery team (you're welcome Hornets) but fun to watch.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived