Houston Texans Update

swilson160

Here's another updated uniform that combines eras. I always thought the Titans should have taken new colors and left the Oilers name and colors behind in Houston. That didn't happen, but that doesn't mean the Texans can't bring Luv Ya Blue back to Houston. I would never expect this to happen--can't imagine the Texans would adopt Columbia Blue when the Titans already use it for their primary (as a relic of their days in Houston, to boot) in the same division. But I think the red/blue, with navy as a trim color and as part of the logo, really pops with the Texans font and uniform style.

I'm happy with this so far but it feels incomplete. I figured I'd throw it up on here and see what you all think. Thanks!

Texans_v1.png

Between the helmet and uniforms, and the logo and wordmark, you're using the 3rd and 4th colors of the logo as the primary and secondary of the uniforms. It makes them look forced, for the most part. I think the issue here is that you're using too many colors, and in the wrong way. I think the Texans logo needs the white space you filled in, so there should be a better way to incorporate "luv ya blue". I think if you want to bring it back (and make it look good), you should introduce it as a highlight color (keylines, outlining numbers and stripes, etc.), or as a primary to replace the navy. Otherwise, it will look forced, like this IMO.

take the luv ya blue and place it on a alt jersey.the navy should still be primary.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Thanks for the input. Updated with the logo becoming Columbia Blue/Red with a navy outline. Tried it both ways in regards to the white space. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Texans_v2b.png

Texans_v2a.png

1st one looks better.can isee an alt. it is an impoatant part of a jersey set.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

The logo is supposed to represent the Texas state flag. Changing the color of it removes that symbolism.

That's why I originally kept it navy. It may just be that there isn't a good way to keep the symbolism of the logo while moving toward a primarily Columbia Blue identity. Then again, the current Deep Steel Blue isn't the same blue that is on the Texas flag, anyway, so maybe it's a moot point.

Here's another updated uniform that combines eras. I always thought the Titans should have taken new colors and left the Oilers name and colors behind in Houston. That didn't happen, but that doesn't mean the Texans can't bring Luv Ya Blue back to Houston. I would never expect this to happen--can't imagine the Texans would adopt Columbia Blue when the Titans already use it for their primary (as a relic of their days in Houston, to boot) in the same division. But I think the red/blue, with navy as a trim color and as part of the logo, really pops with the Texans font and uniform style.

I'm happy with this so far but it feels incomplete. I figured I'd throw it up on here and see what you all think. Thanks!

Texans_v1.png

No baby blue...heck the Titans are already using colors similar to the Oilers and since the Texans set is perfect now you can never improve perfection.

spacer.png

The logo is supposed to represent the Texas state flag. Changing the color of it removes that symbolism.

Not necessarily. The Texas state flag uses royal blue, so switching to columbia blue wouldn't make the Texans logo any more "incorrect" than it already is.

texas-flag.jpg

swilson160: I understand what you're going for, but the double blue just looks forced and detracts the simplicity that makes the Texans uniforms so good. The only way I see this working at all is if you just straight up swap the navy for columbia.

I see someone went to outline class. Seriously, a ton of simplification will give this more impact.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The blue in the Texas flag is 281 in the Pantone Matching system. link

Which is fairly dark. Similar to the Colts' blue.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Not a big fan of this one. It looks odd, and forced. I think you can make it work with a little simplification and tweaking, but I find the Baby-blue outline on the Navy blue and Red logo very out of place. Perhaps just make the Navy blue part of the logo baby blue? If you want it to authentically mimic the Oilers logo, give it a light red outline.

Archived