Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

To be completely honest, I can't tell the difference between this year's Rose Bowl uni and last year's National Championship uni for Oregon. They're always the same. Matte black helmet, black uni, black numbers, volt outline, barely visible wings, black pants. I know some Oregon fans will probably jump on this and tell the slight difference, but Oregon really needs to do something we haven't seen from them before (and I don't mean more black). Maybe a modern version of yellow-green-yellow? I can dream, can't I?

Do you mean the pro combat unis? Last years National Championship unis had a carbon helmet and pants, with a white jersey.

Yes, I did.

In that case, I completely agree with you. I hate the fact that Oregon, who was once bold and "out there" with their designs, are now resorting to just recoloring their uniforms. The volt was cool the first time, but it's getting old. Oregon has to step their game up before Oklahoma State and ASU overtake their spot as the crazy uniform school.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear Oregon's Wisconsin's wearing White-Red-White for this matchup.

Since home team rotates for Rose Bowl, Wisconsin is the home team. Doesn't go by ranking.

Well, TCU was the home team in the Rose Bowl last season, so who knows what pattern they'll follow.

Oregon is the higher ranked team, so they will be the home team. what they will wear? who knows. i hope not white helmets because of Wisconsin's helmets being white. Also, i'm curious as to what the Badgers will wear. Every Rose Bowl in the recent era where they have worn white they wore red pants with it, but last year they lost in them, so will they change?? just throwing that out there.

Also, a realll long shot here, but it seemed like every game where a Major Nike school played a Major Adidas school, adidas pulled a fast one and busted out something new...Maybe something in store for Wisconsin? highly doubt it because of the tradition there, but they did mess with Notre Shame and Michigan too so who knows

Since home team rotates for Rose Bowl, Wisconsin is the home team. Doesn't go by ranking.

Well, TCU was the home team in the Rose Bowl last season, so who knows what pattern they'll follow.

They used to rotate between the B1G and Pac until about ten years ago. Then if a team not from those conferences was in the game, the B1G or Pac would be home regardless of the rotation. Since they changed it, the higher ranked team has been home which is why TCU was the home team last year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

To be completely honest, I can't tell the difference between this year's Rose Bowl uni and last year's Pro Combat uni for Oregon. They're always the same. Matte black helmet, black uni, black numbers, volt outline, barely visible wings, black pants. I know some Oregon fans will probably jump on this and tell the slight difference, but Oregon really needs to do something we haven't seen from them before (and I don't mean more black). Maybe a modern version of yellow-green-yellow? I can dream, can't I?

Yeah, Oregon has worn so many stupid and pointless variations, you really can hardly tell them apart anymore. It's just bad design overload. I just turn on the TV, say to myself "Oregon is ugly today" and flip the channel. Yawn.

I suggested in the NCAA thread that Oregon should try an abstract rose design on the shoulders where the wings usually are. That would be really neat. And I'm crossing fingers we see yellow-green-yellow, or yellow-white-green if they are designated as the road team.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Nike posted this picture on their Facebook page after Oregon won Saturday. Maybe it is a sign of things to come? I hope so because I LOVE this set.

377208_10151018801820721_57460905720_21935234_1982824116_n.jpg

So Nike posted an image with an Oakley visor? That seems odd to me, anyone else find that odd?

Thats oregons logo, not Oakleys.

Nike posted this picture on their Facebook page after Oregon won Saturday. Maybe it is a sign of things to come? I hope so because I LOVE this set.

So Nike posted an image with an Oakley visor? That seems odd to me, anyone else find that odd?

How is that an Oakley visor? Thats the Oregon "O".

Nope that's an oakley visor. Can tell by the rounded tabs on each side. The Oakley logo is partially covered up by the face mask. I'm assuming that you guys are referring to the Oregon O that's on the nose bumper?

x0y5nq.png

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/377208_10151018801820721_57460905720_21935234_1982824116_n.jpg

Nope that's an oakley visor. Can tell by the rounded tabs on each side. The Oakley logo is partially covered up by the face mask. I'm assuming that you guys are referring to the Oregon O that's on the nose bumper?

You can also see the Oakley logo on the lower facemask tabs

I wonder if Michigan is considering wearing their throwbacks.

I sure hope so. It's a great look.

I hope so too and think there's a good chance they will. I wouldn't expect them to wear the blue ones, but they're listed as the away team so the whites might make an appearance. Brady Hoke has been pretty out there (by Michigan standards) this year, so the striped jerseys wouldn't surprise me.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

They used to rotate between the B1G and Pac until about ten years ago. Then if a team not from those conferences was in the game, the B1G or Pac would be home regardless of the rotation. Since they changed it, the higher ranked team has been home which is why TCU was the home team last year.

Is there anyway this could be a color on color game? I always forget the protocol of whether or not teams have to agree on this before the season or how it is dealt with in a bowl game scenario. I think a red on green matchup in the Rose Bowl with the painted endzones/sidelines would look fantastic.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

How is it decided which team is the home team?

National Championship is the #1 team

Rose Bowl used to alternate between B1G and Pac, but currently the higher ranked team is home

Sugar Bowl is the SEC team except years like this where there isn't one

Not sure how the other big bowls do it.

Generally speaking, I think the other BCS bowls do it the same way the Sugar Bowl does...the conference with the affiliation is the home team. It'll be interesting to see if Clemson breaks what is at least a three year streak (if I'm not mistaken) of the ACC champ wearing white as the home team.

I hear Oregon's wearing White-Red-White for this matchup.

Really? Where did you hear this?

On another note I could see Oklahoma State in a Pro Combat type uniform. Nike wants OSU to be the Oregon of the Big XII

Oh sorry meant Wisconsin. Just on a local sports radio station not talking about the Buckeyes for once. I doubt it though

Won't they be wearing white tops since they are the lower ranked team? WOnder if they will break out their red pants. Didn't help them vs. my Horned Frogs last year.

Archived