Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

nvm, I can see it now.

I don't think that's what they'll where. I believe they posted that before the UCLA game too. Perhaps they are trying to convince Oregon to where those, but I think we're doing the same thing TCU did (rejecting Nike's unis) because of how we played against LSU. There was a reason it took a long time for the carbon helmets to come out.

The next time Oregon rejects Nike's uniforms will be the first time. Not likely.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nvm, I can see it now.

I don't think that's what they'll where. I believe they posted that before the UCLA game too. Perhaps they are trying to convince Oregon to where those, but I think we're doing the same thing TCU did (rejecting Nike's unis) because of how we played against LSU. There was a reason it took a long time for the carbon helmets to come out.

The next time Oregon rejects Nike's uniforms will be the first time. Not likely.

Yeah, that'd be like you telling your boss you'd rather not do your job, but would still like a hefty paycheck. Good luck with that.

nvm, I can see it now.

Actually, this isn't true. The carbon helmets were first proposed back in 2007-2008, and we didn't wear them because we hadn't a good track record with special helmets (Remember the yellow helmet Vegas bowl?). Eventually, we caved and wore them, but not without some resistance. There was a reason we waited until a game like Portland State before we used them. This was coming from the head of the commitee on athletic infractions for Oregon, and he usually knows the combinations before hand, so he is a relatively reliable source.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

nvm, I can see it now.

Actually, this isn't true. The carbon helmets were first proposed back in 2007-2008, and we didn't wear them because we hadn't a good track record with special helmets (Remember the yellow helmet Vegas bowl?). Eventually, we caved and wore them, but not without some resistance. There was a reason we waited until a game like Portland State before we used them. This was coming from the head of the commitee on athletic infractions for Oregon, and he usually knows the combinations before hand, so he is a relatively reliable source.

So... yeah.

I wonder if Michigan is considering wearing their throwbacks.

I sure hope so. It's a great look.

Its an awful look.

This is Michigan. They should wear navy jersey's and yellow pants. Or white jersey's with yellow pants. Period. Especially for a bowl game.

No lame-ass throwbacks. Especically for a program that basically wears "throwbacks" as a main uniform.

I wonder if Michigan is considering wearing their throwbacks.

I sure hope so. It's a great look.

Its an awful look.

This is Michigan. They should wear navy jersey's and yellow pants. Or white jersey's with yellow pants. Period. Especially for a bowl game.

No lame-ass throwbacks. Especically for a program that basically wears "throwbacks" as a main uniform.

MAIZE pants.

nvm, I can see it now.

So... yeah.

We were playing Portland State. How else are we going to amp up the crowd?

Plus, TCU did wear the pro combats, they just refused to wear them for the Rose Bowl.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

nvm, I can see it now.

So... yeah.

Plus, TCU did wear the pro combats, they just refused to wear them for the Rose Bowl.

I guess I just don't get this. Oregon plays an unbelievable brand of offensive football, at least aganst average to inferior talent. They're capable of scoring on every play. Their coach goes for 4th and 7 on his own side of the field, and makes it. Its like watching 11 guys play arena football on a full size field. Their fans (all dressed in green and yellow, by the way) seem pretty amped up to me. Yet you say they wore some tricked out helmet to amp up the crowd? A helmet with some silly little detailing that I'm guessing couldn't even be seen from 90% of the stands? Really?

You don't really believe this. I know you don't.

They "needed" to wear that helmet (whatever it was) for only one reason. Sugardaddy said to, so they did. You say they waited a while? OK, I'll take you word for that, I have no idea. But they did it. There was no way the weren't, eventually.

nvm, I can see it now.

I heard from the company who makes them that it was because there were production problems.

nvm, I can see it now.

So... yeah.

Not sure how that proves your point. Nike said "we made these uniforms for you and would like you to wear them on this big stage." TCU said "thanks, but no thanks, we're going to wear our school colors on this big state." Oregon has never done that to my knowledge.

Nike posted this picture on their Facebook page after Oregon won Saturday. Maybe it is a sign of things to come? I hope so because I LOVE this set.

377208_10151018801820721_57460905720_21935234_1982824116_n.jpg

Is it just me or do these Nike ads make the featured uniform look 100% better than it actually does in the game? I seem to love every teaser Nike does and then am underwhelmed when I watch the game.

It may be because there is nice, detail that one can appreciate in a zoomed in photo or when holding the garment, but all that is lost when seen on the tv.

Interesting design problem... does one design for best possible viewing experience on tv or from the stands, OR design for in store purchase? Obviously with the big money in merchandise, you kind of have to design for in store.

Nike posted this picture on their Facebook page after Oregon won Saturday. Maybe it is a sign of things to come? I hope so because I LOVE this set.

Is it just me or do these Nike ads make the featured uniform look 100% better than it actually does in the game? I seem to love every teaser Nike does and then am underwhelmed when I watch the game.

It may be because there is nice, detail that one can appreciate in a zoomed in photo or when holding the garment, but all that is lost when seen on the tv.

Interesting design problem... does one design for best possible viewing experience on tv or from the stands, OR design for in store purchase? Obviously with the big money in merchandise, you kind of have to design for in store.

I understand your point but there is only one design for Oregon that Nike has released in the last several years that I like in pictures, but hated on the field and that was the fighting ducks uniform they debuted earlier this year. I absolutely loved the ones they wore against LSU this year. Loved them!

Hate:nike-trainer-1.3-shield-free-rivalry-oregon-fighting-ducks-09.jpg

spacer.png

nvm, I can see it now.

So... yeah.

Not sure how that proves your point. Nike said "we made these uniforms for you and would like you to wear them on this big stage." TCU said "thanks, but no thanks, we're going to wear our school colors on this big state." Oregon has never done that to my knowledge.

I'm saying that it's posible for Oregon to do the same thing. Maybe it's just me desperately wanting them to never wear the Pro Combats again, but Oregon might not want to wear the same uniform that they lost to LSU in.

nvm, I can see it now.

So... yeah.

I'm saying that it's posible for Oregon to do the same thing. Maybe it's just me desperately wanting them to never wear the Pro Combats again, but Oregon might not want to wear the same uniform that they lost to LSU in.

It is technically possible, but HIGHLY unlikely considering their past pattern of behavior. If they haven't told nike "no" yet, I'm not sure why they would start now.

Could just be that they posted that picture to show who they were rooting for. Perhaps because it is the only promo pic they have of Oregon that doesn't feature a current player that could cause legal issues. Doesn't really mean anything.

Its not just you. Every one of these photoshop fantasies look like crap on the field by comparison, IMO. Its like what happens when you take the Batman costume from the comics (cool, iconic) and slap it on Adam West (ridiculas). Nike, addidas, underarmor, whoever, create these fake images, people go crazy for them, then they dress 70 young people in them... some skinny, some fat, some in great shape, and ask them to run around in the real world.

Of course it looks nothing like the designer's perfect untouchable fantasy image. If I ran the world, all these publicity shots would be actual unaltered photographs of actual humans, wearing prototype uniforms. Then, when everone got done laughing, the designers could go back to the drawing board.

Archived