Bowl Mania: Uniform Edition

Bmac

Yeah, we didn't make it to a bowl this year for the first time in 6 seasons. Oh well that happens, but I do not expect Kentucky to ever play in the BCS bowls, but we will get back to a bowl before you know it and it will all be good. But until then, I get to watch the two best teams in the country battle it out tonight and I can live with that, but the question is can you?

No, I can live with the fact that I'm not going to bother watching the game. I watched the only bowl game that really matters every year and I'm satisfied with that. The Rose Bowl had these things called touchdowns that you guys in SEC country are unfamiliar with. You see, when a player has control of the football and crosses the goal line, it's called a touchdown and his team gets six points. Maybe you guys should try scoring them sometime.

Who the hell wants to see a game with no touchdowns anyway? For God's sake, this is football, not soccer!

Well since your obviously a hockey fan I thought you would be used to low scoring games. But seriously defense wins championships and that is why no other team outside the SEC has won the last 6 BCS title games (including tonight). We like smash mouth football and when the best defenses in the nation face off, then lower scoring games should be expect. However, I expect at least 20 points combined tonight.

spacer.png

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

boring.jpg

You know what, my last few posts have been quasi-flaming so I'm just going to step away and not say any more.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Please just stop. None of this is even remotely relevant to the thread content. I love SEC football. Yes I enjoy and prefer it to any other conference. But please stop giving all of us normal, rational, and respectable southern folks a bad name. It's ridiculous and over the top. I hope my conference does well, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go out and throw on a Bama shirt and toot LSU's horn all night because they're SEC and in the championship game. I pull for and support MY team, not the entire conference. I prefer the brand of football the SEC offers and highly enjoy watching SEC teams over other conferences, but I don't go around shouting about SEC supremacy all day. You support Kentucky, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, the overall success of the SEC doesn't entitle fans of subpar teams to equal claims of success. The act of simply being a member of the SEC does not lead to automatic credibility.

Roll Tide!

You. Are not. An Alabama fan. Stop it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The hats say d ONE, haven't seen the shirts yet

I love the hats. Great Triple untandra(sp?).

1. DONE

2. D1 (Division One)

3. ONE

The shirts just looked like the helmet with a speed screen on it with "National Champions" under it. It was nice but kinda a letdown after all the other play on word designs this season.

Anybody know the reason they used #14 for the number on the helmet on the shirts?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Entendre.

They used 14 because that's the number of championships Bama has "won." I say "won" because they've really only won 13.

Entendre.

They used 14 because that's the number of championships Bama has "won." I say "won" because they've really only won 13.

The tv said they won 9.

And that game lived up to all my wildest expectations. Puke.

"And the Allstate great hands play of the day goes to the . . . . field goal HOLDER." Wow, thank you SEC for four hours of my life I'll never get back. And thank you BCS for a system that determined absolutely nothing.

Entendre.

The tv said they won 9.

They claim 14, but then again, Bama claims a national championship for every little accomplishment so the number is ultimately meaningless.

Entendre.

The tv said they won 9.

They claim 14, but then again, Bama claims a national championship for every little accomplishment so the number is ultimately meaningless.

We claim one every time a poll said we were the national champion. No different than Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma, or any other school. ESPN said 9 because it was AP Poll and BCS championships since 1936. Personally, I'm glad they'll change the number on almost every helmet used on tv because I hate 13

1. DONE

2. D1 (Division One)

3. ONE

The shirts just looked like the helmet with a speed screen on it with "National Champions" under it. It was nice but kinda a letdown after all the other play on word designs this season.

Anybody know the reason they used #14 for the number on the helmet on the shirts?

Alabama uses a helmet that has the number if national titles they have won... If you noticed all week coverage of the game they were using a helmet that said 13...I thought it was cool they used a helmet with 14

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Alabama official winning years are: 1) 1961, 2) 1964. 3) 1965, 4) 1973, 5) 1978, 6) 1979, 7) 1992, 8) 2010, 9) 2012. Now Alabama also claims other years as the national championship because they were named champion by polls such as BR, BS, CFRA, HAF, HS, NCF, PS, and others that are not recognized. These years are: 10) 1925, 11) 1926. 12) 1930, 13) 1934, and 14) 1941. So there are the reasons the organization claims they have 14 national titles under their belt. I hope this clears it up for you guys and gals.

spacer.png

1. DONE

2. D1 (Division One)

3. ONE

There are like 6 shirts Nike made.

http://www.footballfanatics.com/Default.aspx?lt=Default&ctl=SearchResults&search=nike%20national%20champions&categoryID=deb91216-3f4b-4b71-9ef6-9cc7fef4a332

Adidas Legacy or whatever the call it > Nike Pro Combat (with a few exceptions). this statement is totally true in the rose bowl. the game is the granddaddy of them all i dont need to see NPC 4.0 i want classic uni matchups

The Rose Bowl may tradition, but I am glad that Oregon is bringing a modern feel to this boring bowl game. I prefer the Fiesta or Orange bowl any day over the Rose Bowl.

Dumbest thing I have ever read on here.

The only reason I say that is because the Rose Bowl is between the Pac-12 and the Big 10 generally, which from tradition standpoint never features great teams because the SEC is not involved traditionally speaking.

Well, traditionally speaking, the SEC is not involved in the Fiesta Bowl or Orange Bowl, either. :therock:

Logic isn't his strong suit.

Are you trolling again? I never said teams had to be from the SEC, but I prefer watching SEC games, I just hate the Big 10 so much that is why I hate the Rose Bowl. Although this year was better because Oregon was there, but teams like USC and UCLA just does not do it for me. I loved the Fiesta Bowl because I really like Oklahoma State and the Orange Bowl because I like West Virginia. So, these may not traditional be SEC bowls, but this year they featured teams that I liked. But as far as this year goes no bowl is better than the National Championship game considering out of 120 teams in the FBS, none from outside of the SEC are in the championship game. So, TCU fans, Oregon fans, Texas fans, Oklahoma fans, USC fans, Notre Dame fans, and fans of everything other team you need to pay close attention to see what Southern football is all about. Go Tide! Go Tigers! Go SEC!

Not trolling at all. Actually doing the exact opposite. I was trying to explain to him that logic wasn't your strong suit, so we didn't waste two plus pages talking about your views on football that don't make any sense. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Good news is we seem to be back on track now.

Archived