Quebec Nordiques

The_Admiral

Had this one kicking around for probably years. I may have even posted it already.

quebecshield4copy.jpg

A Nordiques "coat of arms" that includes the igloo as a tribute to the original team, the fleur-de-lis for the province, Champlain's ship for the city, and a big letter Q for "Quebec." Let's say it's an Old English Q as an overture to anglophones. It's more that I couldn't finda good way to make some image of the ramparts fit in the quadrant.

Quebeccopy.jpg

The sweaters maintain the same minimalism of the originals, but the hyper-minimalist cuff and hem striping is replaced with a crenelated pattern found on Quebec City's flag:

200px-Flag_of_Quebec_City.svg.png

Body views:

Quebechomecopy.jpg

Quebecroadcopy.jpg

Thanks to the Winnipeg Jets for taking this color scheme already, I but really I was trying to go all the way back to the very original double-blue igloo featured in the old NFB documentary about the WHA Nordiques. I also sort of think of the colors as a lighter "provincial blue" and a darker "civic blue," reflecting the two flags. Also, with the balance of imagery between the two flags, I wanted to assert that it's both a Quebec team and a Quebec City team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nice, but the shield makes it look like an ASG uniform and the laces are annoying as :censored: . Also, choose either the flad stripes or the fleur-de-lis pattern, not both.

The laces work on this one.

But it is a bit busy--I like the ship from their city flag--I did some ideas based on that for a football team once upon a time.

Don't know what happened to it though.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

- having it both ways with FDL trim and crenelated stripes, I thought the stripes were thin and independently insubstantial enough that the two of them together added up to the height of most teams' striping. It is a little busy, I suppose, but I did take the FDLs off the shoulders, where I felt they were kind of overdoing it on the 79-95 set.

- as for the primary being too busy, got me there, but I really did want to do something that would be almost in the vein of a soccer crest for what's going to be a very "European" team. The trick would be coming up with something that's the focal point of the logo, because admittedly, this has four equal focal points, and I see now where that could distract people.

If you want to use the flag striping, I'd recommend only using it once on each stripe instead of twice. Either have the 'between' colour just continue all the way to the hem and cuffs, or have it divided by a straight line. It's supposed to look like ramparts anyways, and last I checked, walls look like that on the top and the bottom.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I was thinking that too, but my concern would be that the logos within each quadrant would be too small and thus too hard to render.

I don't want the igloo as a primary, though, and definitely not the husky. I want a new idea that feels old.

I'd say just change the shape of the crest so it looks different from the league logo and if you wanted to simplify it, limit it to one exterior outline. I actually don't think the logo is too busy. It looks good with those specific images in it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I agree with what most of other people are saying, it's too busy. I love the primary logo and think it works great on the chest, but the (whatever you call the french saints logo thing, Fleur de _____, I don't know) should be taken away along with the striping at the bottom of the sweater. I think there should be more stripes on it. It's hard to explain, but it's like this concept is busy with logos, but boring when it comes to striping.

Overall, nice work, that primary is very, very, good-looking.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I agree with what most of other people are saying, it's too busy. I love the primary logo and think it works great on the chest, but the (whatever you call the french saints logo thing, Fleur de _____, I don't know) should be taken away along with the striping at the bottom of the sweater. I think there should be more stripes on it. It's hard to explain, but it's like this concept is busy with logos, but boring when it comes to striping.

It's called the fleur-de-lis.

It's called the fleur-de-lis.

I can never remember the last part of it. Oh well. It's a great looking logo, though.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived