Under Armour adding a B1G school

Ry

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

? Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank talks about his career, having Under Armour teams in the BCS title game, creating products for athletes and more. Listen listen.png

Any idea what school it is?

I hope it's Nebraska. Their techfits are atrocious.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

? Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank talks about his career, having Under Armour teams in the BCS title game, creating products for athletes and more. Listen listen.png

At first thought, I'm leaning towards Ilinois or Northwestern. Out of everyone else, I'd think either Purdue or Iowa, but they either just got new threads or a re very traditional.

Not Nebraska, two years remaining after this one on their Adidas contract and Adidas has the right to match any offer. Considering Nebraska was their first major school, I seriously doubt they will ever decline to match.

Not Nebraska, two years remaining after this one on their Adidas contract and Adidas has the right to match any offer. Considering Nebraska was their first major school, I seriously doubt they will ever decline to match.

I know, I'm just hoping. I think that AstroBull is right about Illinois. They basically look like a UA school already, with the piping and what not.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I know, I'm just hoping. I think that AstroBull is right about Illinois. They basically look like a UA school already, with the piping and what not.

God I hope not, and I doubt it. I feel like we have pretty strong ties to Nike. Plus that's just football, we just got the new sweatbacks for bball last year. I'd beat on Northwestern...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

BTW, Techfits will be largely done after next year.

Why? UA has the worst uniform designs in college football (besides, of course, Russell). As long as it's not MSU (which is almost a guarantee it's not), I can live with it. Illinois sounds like a good contender, though. Doubt they'll get a chance at a powerhouse school.

It's not going to be Illinois. They just hired a new chancellor that is on Nike's Board of Trustees.

It does not matter about contract length.

Wisconsin is not happy with Adidas due to human rights issues.

Link 1 University's Page dated 12/2/2011

Link 2

True, but all suppliers have this issue to varying degrees. That's why Wisconsin hasn't moved to another, preferring instead to try to influence change from within.

And from the athletic department's perspective, their trademark is a clean uniform with Braisher stripes. UnderArmor would seem a very bad fit.

Link 2

True, but all suppliers have this issue to varying degrees. That's why Wisconsin hasn't moved to another.

And from the athletic department's perspective, their trademark is a clean uniform with Braisher stripes. UnderArmor would seem a very bad fit.

I don't know, UA didn't destroy Auburn's or Boston College's uniforms, so they could do Wisconsin right (emphasis on could). It should be interesting either way.

Why? UA has the worst uniform designs in college football (besides, of course, Russell). As long as it's not MSU (which is almost a guarantee it's not), I can live with it. Illinois sounds like a good contender, though. Doubt they'll get a chance at a powerhouse school.

Like they did with Auburn?

At any rate, I will gladly trade Under Armour for Nike or even Adidas.

As a fan, all of their gear is ridiculously priced and is limited in what you can find- the fan jerseys are pathetic reproductions.

On the field, they are always having issues...shoes coming off because of fitting, jerseys won't stay on pads or the pads pour out of the uniforms, and it took them 4 years to get our shade of garnet right. Basically, it seems they always rush things to the field and have to end up "correcting" them later.

Take the Wounded Warrior uniforms they made this year for my Gamecocks- couldn't even wear them. I'd bet the thought of the numbers being legible never even crossed their minds.

Minnesota is getting new uniforms this year. When Jerry Kill was hired he said he can't change uniforms until 2012 because of Nike contract. But it has been leaked the the uniforms will be changing.

Not sure if they are leaving Nike or not, they made a big deal of being a NIKE experimental school when they signed up, and they've had nike for a while

256dy87.jpg

Link 2

True, but all suppliers have this issue to varying degrees. That's why Wisconsin hasn't moved to another, preferring instead to try to influence change from within.

It is not the issue of the athletic department, it was the University who commissioned the study ten days ago.

There still is a 1/12 shot it is them, but here is a clear case of an administration formally investigating the apparel maker for their practices. And with the issues block away at the state capital in the last 18 months, action could be taken here to go with UA.

Now regardless of sport, Iowa has worn lots of looks which I could call "unique" from the Iowa Barnstormer look in the Tim Dwight era for football for the basketball uni which had a horizontal stripe on the shorts to look as if the jersey was untucked in the 1980s.

What's Indiana's contract status?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived