BigBubba's MLB

BigBubba

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue Jays Update #2:

No change on the logo; I just put it there so the final versions would be all together. I added a white outline to the script, NOB, and number on the road.

TorontoBlueJaysLogo2-1.png

TorontoBlueJaysJerseyLogos3.png

TorontoBlueJaysJerseys3.png

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Miami Marlins

This is an old concept. I started working on this even before I made my "first" Blue Jays one. It's very rough but I want to see if it's salvageable. Much like the Blue Jays, if it's that bad then I'll redo it completely (but keep some aspects like the colours and general layout). There are 3 main issues that I really want C&C on:

- No "M" with a marlin on it

- No black

- The marlin needs some movement in him

MiamiMarlinsLogos.png

MiamiMarlinsJerseyLogos.png

MiamiMarlinsJerseys.png

The numbers are :censored: up, I know. I don't know what went wrong. They look fine on Inkscape, and I even resized the image (from 1 100 px high to over 1 400 px) and uploaded that to make it larger in hopes of it going away (it appears when you zoom out a lot on Inkscape). Anyone know what went wrong? Do I need to upload it even larger?

The secondary logo is very clever. I like the idea, but it doesn't work as a stand-alone logo right now. Needs a little something else since it's 100% orange. The tail design on the Marlin is AWESOME. Try to make the Marlin longer, make it curve around the bottom of the baseball(maybe have it curve out from behind the baseball, sort of like the current logo does, well, except for it hidind behind the "M" haha). Keep working on it. The colors are great even if they remind me of the Dolphins. It's very Miami like. Not too big of a fan on the scripts or piping however. Solid 9/10 for the first try at a logo. Great work.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Love the Jays update. As for the Marlins, not so much. The scripts are bland and don't give off a Miami or Marlins feel. The cap logo needs a lot of work, and the rule regarding no baseball on caps should be a taken into account. Also, the gradient looks out of place. But the main issue with this set is the color scheme. (This is not a shot at you specifically, just CCSLC members in general) Often, color schemes for certain teams are suggested without people taking into account how tough it would be to pull off. Teal and orange for the Marlins is one of these. Another one that comes to mind for me is kelly green and red for the Red Sox. I would suggest possibly changing the color scheme OR adding black as a tertiary color and use it for trim to give the set some much needed contrast. But once again, it's your first try. Good luck on Miami, and as I said, Toronto looks great.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

i remember hearing a rule, i dont know if it's still in force, that you cant use a baseball as a part of the uniform(on a hat, etc) so you may wanna fix the marlins hat....

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Miami Marlins Update No. 1:

I ditched the silver and replaced it with black trim. The new logo/cap logos is/are a marlin on an "M". I switched the font to something that somewhat resembled the original "Florida" script (RIP), and the font on the back is now the MLB block font. And I standardized the pants, because I new people would want the uniform more...well,

MiamiMarlinsLogos2.png

MiamiMarlinsJerseyLogos2.png

MiamiMarlinsJerseys2.png

i remember hearing a rule, i dont know if it's still in force, that you cant use a baseball as a part of the uniform(on a hat, etc) so you may wanna fix the marlins hat....

Not so sure about that, the Mariners use a baseball embedded in their hat logo.

I really like the colors you chose for the Marlins, much more of a "Miami" feel to it as its quite similar to the Dolphins and the 90's Hurricanes unis.

DLWatt.png

Not so sure about that, the Mariners use a baseball embedded in their hat logo.

I really like the colors you chose for the Marlins, much more of a "Miami" feel to it as its quite similar to the Dolphins and the 90's Hurricanes unis.

Blue Jays got some splainin' to do:

toronto_blue_jays_cap.jpg

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

B-E-A-utiful concept update. Wow. I actually had my own script made that looked just like that so I'll have to change it up now. That's fine though, because you executed it brilliantly. The logo's look better as well.

You can keep your script - I won't care if it's similar to mine.

And regarding your Blue Jays baseball-on-cap thing, perhaps MLB allowed it because it was reserved for home Fridays only? Or maybe they grandfathered it, with throwbacks being allowed (like the Brewers' BiG logo).

Miami Marlins Update No. 2:

I thickened the outlines and tweaked parts on the marlins' body. The "teal" on the logo was actually a different shade than the other teal, so i fixed that.

wildwing64, I didn't change the gradient because that's the best way to split the colours on the tail. When I first made this, I tried about 10 different patterns until I finally came to the gradient to even it out. If it's really an issue, I'll definitely fix it, but for now, that's how it'll be. Thanks for the comment, though, I really appreciate it.

MiamiMarlinsLogos3.png

MiamiMarlinsJerseyLogos3.png

MiamiMarlinsJerseys3.png

That does look a lot better now, though again I'd thicken the outline around the tailfin.

Also, have you tried like a teal/orange split for the tail fin? One part orange, the next teal, then orange and then teal again, etc. Maybe that could work instead of the gradient.

MiamiMarlinsTailCombos.png

I'll adjust the line thickness when I post the next update; I'm focusing on the colouring now.

Archived