What the Pittsburgh Penguins should use

habsfan1

Check out this Pittsburgh Penguins 35th anniverary logo that was created in 2002. It's a modernized version of the Skating Penguin. In that logo, all of the flaws of the current logo are corrected. It has a more aggressive look, the beak is sharper, the lines in the gloves are smoother, and many other little details are much sharper. It's a shame they aren't using it because if they did, it would be a perfect modernized version of their classic logo, ala Toronto Blue Jays and ala Arizona Cardinals.

Here's a side by side view of both logos to show you my point...

PenguinsProposedLogo.png

All I did was remove the anniversary banner and color the triangle with the fill tool, which is why this is not in the concepts forum. I don't think this belongs there because I didn't really make the logo.

Anyway, I really don't know why they can't use this. Agree or disagree?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's similar to the AZ Cardinals update at all. Very little was actually "fixed", and the parts that were modified weren't really dated to begin with. It's not really more agressive, just has different eyes. The beak change is lateral at best, as is the gloves. It's the same logo just with some tweaks (none of which is excedingly "modern"), as opposed to the Cardinals logo which was redrawn.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's a modernized version of the Skating Penguin.

PenguinsProposedLogo.png

No, it's not. It's the original Skating Penguin.

1715151273_ec07b87123.jpg

36ai6de8ef0svi6hiugcgpwjl.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I don't like that proposed one... His eyes look weird. It kinda looks like he's looking up.

Gotta keep your head up on the ice.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't like that proposed one... His eyes look weird. It kinda looks like he's looking up.

Eric Lindros would concur.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Eric Lindros Sidney Crosby would concur.

FYP

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I still prefer the robopenguin. And the yellow-gold.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Eric Lindros Sidney Crosby would concur.

FYP

If that was the actual reason, that'd be funny. Being blindsided behind the play by Steckel, though...

Anyway, the newer one is cleaner. Is it less fierce? Yes, but technically it is the better one.

oBIgzrL.png

Check out this Pittsburgh Penguins 35th anniverary logo that was created in 2002. It's a modernized version of the Skating Penguin. In that logo, all of the flaws of the current logo are corrected. It has a more aggressive look, the beak is sharper, the lines in the gloves are smoother, and many other little details are much sharper. It's a shame they aren't using it because if they did, it would be a perfect modernized version of their classic logo, ala Toronto Blue Jays and ala Arizona Cardinals.

Here's a side by side view of both logos to show you my point...

PenguinsProposedLogo.png

All I did was remove the anniversary banner and color the triangle with the fill tool, which is why this is not in the concepts forum. I don't think this belongs there because I didn't really make the logo.

Anyway, I really don't know why they can't use this. Agree or disagree?

i love it but make it look more like this

Numbers-CHI-1.gif

1715151273_ec07b87123.jpg

As a brief aside, I find the notion that being the biggest goon in the league once earned you your own special hockey card to be hysterical.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I also never understood the hatred for the robo-penguin. I do like the current logo a great deal, but I really didn't mind the robo-penguin at all. It's one of my favorite modern logos, I thought it was sleek and made for a very nice crest.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Fixes all the flaws except for the most glaring one of all... The use of Vegas Gold.

Yes, couldn't they at least use athletic gold on the logo even with Vegas gold in the body of the uniform. The triangle was athletic gold even back it the double blue days!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I still don't get what the problem was with the "Robo-Pen" logo. That was a strong, classy crest that looked great on a hockey sweater, as opposed to the current one, which looks like an eight-year-old drew it and totally clashes with the modernity of the sweater design.

It replaced a look associated with back to back Stanley Cup Championships.

Archived