Oregon Rose Bowl uniforms

aawagner011

My link

Oregon-Rose-Bowl-Uniforms-21.jpg

Wings on the helmet, O logo on the back?

Different pattern on the shoulders, no longer the recognizable usual wings

New font

Some kind of new darth vader reflective helmet shell

Numbers on the sleeves

New "color" jersey that I can't even identify. It looks like they took their usual green and dumped heaping amounts of gray into it. It looks like a really muddy green? (At least to me, I'm partially colorblind, but can usually tell what it is).

And I think I see a two colored facemask again. Who have thought Oregon took a page out of UGA's book?

So...I have no words left for this one...

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new wing pattern. The undershirt looks especially good...

Other than that, I'm glad Nike chose to upgrade in places while still keeping the core portions of the uniform the same...

The gloss helmet appears to be black....maybe more press photos will surface...

The jerseys and pants seem to be a dark green, and the number outline seems to be the traditional Oregon yellow/athletic gold. So at least they're back to using school colours. The helmet needs to be green and the collar O needs to be the same yellow/athletic gold used for the number outline. The helmet decals need to be either yellow/gold or black.

It's one of the best "specialty" Oregon uniforms to come out in a while though. There's no volt or grey overload and the black numbers actually work against the traditional green with the yellow/gold outline. Had they carried the commitment to school colours to the helmet this could have been really nice.

Who wants to bet this becomes Oregon's next full-time primary set beginning next season? (Historically, the Civil War and previous bowl games have given us clues as to the next step in Oregon's uniform evolution. That's where I draw my guess from.)

All in all, pretty not bad. And like IceCap, first thing that jumped out at me was, dark though it may be and helmet notwithstanding, its GREEN, so good on the Swoosh. The second thing that jumped at me was the edited Belotti Bold. I've NEVER liked those numbers, but this looks like a good update of those. And I also suppose the varnish/plastic applique (I know there's another name for that, I just can't think of what it is) duck wing pattern, or shoot even the use of that material/effect is going to become the next "thing" to catch wildfire in the uniform world.

Not a fan of the helmet at all, but othewrwise, pretty friggin slick set there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Helmet pics:

Oregon-Rose-Bowl-Uniforms-10.jpg

Oregon-Rose-Bowl-Uniforms-18.jpg

The shoulder pattern seems to be a layered feather pattern... ala the Detroit Red Wings' winged wheel.

Oregon-Rose-Bowl-Uniforms-16.jpg

Oregon-Rose-Bowl-Uniforms-14.jpg

I think this uniform is way too over-designed, but I will withhold judgement until I see it on the field. This is either going to look amazing or completely be a train wreck with no in-between.

They got rid of that awful tapering effect on the Bellotti Bold numeral font, added sleeve numbers, and the predominant colors appear to be shades of green and yellow. I like what I'm seeing so far. That helmet gives me an Iowa Barnstormers vibe.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I really don't know what to say about these.....

1. Uniform Colors

2. Wings on the Helmet

3. Wing Design on the Jersey

4. 2-toned facemask design.

Dislikes:

1. "O" logo on the back of the helmet

2. No Striping on the pants

3. Wings on the Helmet ( I know I said I like them, but I also dislike them as well)

spacer.png

The new shoulder design is pretty slick. It ties into the super-glossy helmet nicely. Through these images, though, I'm not liking quite a few things. #1 is the helmet. The two-tone facemask was a terrible idea with UGA, not sure why they did it here-- and are those wings metallic on the helmet, or is that just the treatment? #2 is the numbers. The typeface is nice, but the pearlescent number color is weird to me, especially since it is green/brown instead of yellow/green. Brown/copper with the Ducks is going to take some getting used to.

Also, looks like a new uniform cut, with some new material woven in. Look at the back panel-- it's different than the Speed Machine template.

Whoa! That is insane! They look aweome but Im not sure what to think about some parts of it yet. I've always wanted them to put the wings on the helmet but im not sure about the execution. I bet if the "O" was on the front of the helmet it would be better. Also, I think that the wings on the jersey would have been better if they weren't shiny. But I like the new font and the green.

The Rose Bowl is going to be an interesting game to watch for sure.

spacer.png

I'm trying to find something I like about these. Um... the tapering on the numbers is gone, so that's a plus. See, I can say something positive about terrible "futuristic" designs--er, I mean...

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived