New NBC Scorebug/Graphics Package

RyanMcD29

Oops, posted this in the game thread.

New NHL on NBC graphic package. I like it! Simpler, reminds me of early 2000s NBC Sports. They've stopped spelling out city names, which was nice, because "Philadelphia" was always kind of hard to fit in. Still don't think they need the logos or colors next to the abbreviations. That's not information we need.

To that I would add that they still need to get rid of the ugly NFL on NBC font in a few spaces: pretty sure I saw in on the "scoring chances" dropdown, and there it is again when showing Pierre McGuire. Also, they still need to get rid of Pierre McGuire.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Get rid of the logos and all that space around "1st." You can take a third of the width off the scorebar and have even more unadorned screen.

Nice little goal animation. Also nice that the Caps scored!

EDIT: The penalty clocks are really bad. Too compressed next to the game clock (guess that's what the space is for, huh). They look better when they're beneath the power-play team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like it except for the space between 1st and the time remaining but other than that It's pretty good.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Also, they still need to get rid of Pierre McGuire.

That would be nice, he's been missed at the World Jrs...

Without Pierre McGuire, this:

becomes this:

and would be known as one of the greatest goal calls of all time.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The FSN channels seemed to have taken a page from the NHL on NBC's idea of using the full city name on the scoring bugs. They're doing that for their respective teams' broadcasts.

Yea, and personally, I think it sucks. FSN's whole graphics package has pretty regularly gone downhill over the past decade. I think their best look in recent memory was the one-liner scoreboard at the top with the regular block font, and city abbreviations. But I guess they have to constantly change things to keep things fresh, so I can't really blame them.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived