New NBC Scorebug/Graphics Package

RyanMcD29

Might as well finally chime in with my thoughts

For hockey it looks great aside from as others have said the period and time being a little too spread out on the scorebug. Other than that it looks really sharp and clear and looks great. It's gonna be interesting to see how well they're implemented for football, more than likely this weekend as the NFL commercial for Saturday's games fit the new NBC Sports advertising template. I think there will be less of an issue with the scorebug being spread out with the down and distance, but we'll have to see come Saturday, if not Super Bowl XLVI

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I like its NFL-usage better than the NHL except for the fact it morphs into everything instead of popping out.

Yeah, the NFL version is better, but I like that NBC has different identities for each of the leagues it broadcasts.

spacer.png

I love the new score bar and look forward to the rest of the pieces rolling out for the Super Bowl, but the one thing I don't understand: What is the point of the translucent screen behind the score bar? Thought that would be done away with by now.

I also wish NBC would have the line of scrimmage marked instead of just the first down line.

Looks sharp enough. But for NBCSN telecasts the "Sports Network" words should be added below the peacock so as to differentiate whether it's from NBC itself, or NBCSN. That's the only change I'd make.

I think they intentionally don't want that distinction.

• 3 months later...

Archived