Wikipedia's 2012 MLB Uniforms

Silent Wind of Doom

Wikipedia is always really bitchy and anal about copyright.

Yeah. It's next to impossible to upload images on there, even if it's just like a video game or album cover.

I've always noticed that when the featured article is some movie or video game, instead of showing something specifically related to the media in question, they put a picture of someone involved in it. For example, Star Trek V was the featured article a while back and the picture accompanying it on the front page was William Shatner. There was a video game last year (IIRC) that was accompanied by a picture of one of the producers. I don't understand that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry if I repeat what others have said, but I wanted to give a full report:

• Indians navy alt is road-only

• Florida Marlins are still listed

• Marlins' black alt only has white piping:

a1kihwplxa4qukwqvpa9dcvkt.gif

• Mariners' blue alt has "Seattle" on front, teal alt has no number on front, all uniforms have 35th Anniversary patch on right sleeve this year

• Nationals' uniforms all have primary logo patch on left sleeve

• Rangers' uniforms will all have 40th Anniversary patch on right sleeve this year

• What is on the right sleeve of the Reds' uniforms?

• Red Sox uniforms will all have 100th Anniversary of Fenway Park patch on right sleeve this year

• Royals' uniforms will all have 2012 ASG patch on right sleeve this year

• Twins' blue "Twins" alternate is worn only at home, road cap has a red brim

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Angels: Based on the Pujols/Wilson press conference, it does not look like they will have any sleeve patches in 2012.

Actually, they will have 2.

Really? Do you know which ones? I really hoping they would get rid of them and was excited to see them gone at the press conference.

Angels: Based on the Pujols/Wilson press conference, it does not look like they will have any sleeve patches in 2012.

Actually, they will have 2.

Really? Do you know which ones? I really hoping they would get rid of them and was excited to see them gone at the press conference.

The circle emblem on the left sleeve and the A logo on the right sleeve.

Are the wordmark, NOB and numbers on the new Rockies roadie black? Or very dark purple?

The wordmark is black, apparently, while the NOB and numbers are dark purple. Inexplicable why they made the wordmark black and not matching purple.

spacer.png

Are the wordmark, NOB and numbers on the new Rockies roadie black? Or very dark purple?

The wordmark is black, apparently, while the NOB and numbers are dark purple. Inexplicable why they made the wordmark black and not matching purple.

Inexplicable that they don't use more purple, period. It's been said before many times on these boards that the Rockies could own purple in MLB if they wanted to.

Their primary hat should be all purple, their road hat should be black w/purple brim, and they should ditch the black alt in favour of wearing the purple alt. far more often.

Hey, everybody. If you can't tell by my avatar, I am the same Silent Wind of Doom who created and maintains the uniform images for the MLB on Wikipedia, which are displayed in each team's infobox. I also created the NFL and NHL templates but those have been taken over for the most part by our own JohnnySeoul and group of hockey fans respectively.

not "ours" anymore.

Any reason these have to be in raster? Not criticizing you, but the quality is terrible.

I think Johnny said something about Wikipedia having to put them in terrible quality for copyright purposes or whatever.

Did Wikipedia recently change their policy? It used to be they wanted everything in SVG format, so I finally went and uploaded some logos in SVG, now it seems they only want raster (PNG) images these days.

The Rockies' blunder has distracted us from the bomb that is the Giants' new alt. What the :censored:, Giants?

+1

A dud added to an otherwise rock solid uniform set. Two different types of piping. Double on the pants and sleeves + orange around the SF, but single black piping down the middle? The Giants really struck out here and I could see this being an alternate idea that gets faded out very soon.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

The Rockies' blunder has distracted us from the bomb that is the Giants' new alt. What the :censored:, Giants?

+1

A dud added to an otherwise rock solid uniform set. Two different types of piping. Double on the pants and sleeves + orange around the SF, but single black piping down the middle? The Giants really struck out here and I could see this being an alternate idea that gets faded out very soon.

To be fair it was mismatched on the original as well...

I like it, I just think the sleeve patch is too much.

fhfhc1y8k2jvu6a2c0r6j6zdg.gif

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived