Arkansas Rebels, NBA team

RoughRiders9

This is a part of my fictional sports expansion project where I expanded each of the four major league sports to 40 teams. I promised my friend, who is from Arkansas, that I'll design the teams that he added in Arkansas for him.

So here is the NBA team from Arkansas!

Home.jpg

Road.jpg

Alternate.jpg

The reason why I chose Pippen because he attended the University of Central Arkansas.

Thoughts?

C+C would be appreciated! Thanks!

IowaOaks.png

This sounds like an interesting project. The jerseys look fine. Is the wordmark also the primary logo? If so, it needs at least one or two more elements to be complete.

I agree. How about a basketball? I know many teams do it, but it'll add another element that'll make the logo pop you know?

As per jaha32's suggestion:

PrimLogo.jpg

Do you think that is better? That will be the primary mark, while the logos that you see on the uniforms are just the wordmarks.

And as to jaha, I'm not trying to step onto your boundaries, but after seeing your new league creation of the EBA, it really inspired me to go out and make some logos for a few of my expansion teams. Thanks man!

IowaOaks.png

I like it, but the white jersey looks different without silver. Also it looks a little like the hawks jerseys. My only problem with this set is the white jersey.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Do you think that is better? That will be the primary mark, while the logos that you see on the uniforms are just the wordmarks.

And as to jaha, I'm not trying to step onto your boundaries, but after seeing your new league creation of the EBA, it really inspired me to go out and make some logos for a few of my expansion teams. Thanks man!

Hey there are no boundaries. You're free to make concepts..as long as someone doesnt blatantly steal an idea of mine. Go ahead, have fun!

On to this concept, I still feel like the ball could interact with the wordmark better. The style of the ball doesnt match that of the wordmark IMO.

Hey there are no boundaries. You're free to make concepts..as long as someone doesnt blatantly steal an idea of mine. Go ahead, have fun!

On to this concept, I still feel like the ball could interact with the wordmark better. The style of the ball doesnt match that of the wordmark IMO.

How would you make it match the wordmark?

I haven't done a lot of basketball concepts so I'm somewhat new in this field...thanks

IowaOaks.png

How would you make it match the wordmark?

I haven't done a lot of basketball concepts so I'm somewhat new in this field...thanks

First of all, I think it would be nice to see the top half of the ball. It seems like the ball is suddently cut off. That might just be me though since there is no rule saying you have to show ball as a complete circle. Also, try a red ball with a nice black outline equal in thickness to the black around REBELS, and then black lines forming the lines within the basketball. Those two things might help.

• 5 months later...

Cool. I don't know if the "Rebels" name fits basketball, though. <_<

I think it'd be cool but not for the NBA. Ideally you could add a couple pistols to the logo but that wouldn't fly in the League. I like the word mark a lot. To me, it's still missing something if it's going to be a primary.

Archived