infrared41

What are you watching?

798 posts in this topic

My wife and I watch everything either recorded on the DVR or on our Roku. Nothing live these days.

Current shows:

How I Met Your Mother (show used to be great; now, not so much)

New Girl (for now...not sure yet)

NCIS

NCIS: LA

White Collar (favorite current show)

Covert Affairs (also excellent)

The Mentalist

Law & Order: SVU

Criminal Minds

The Closer

Person of Interest

Desperate Housewives (show sucks now...just continuing to watch till the end since we've been watching since the beginning)

The Good Wife

Big Bang Theory

Roku/Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime:

Burn Notice

Psych

The Dead Zone (we're watching the early episodes, but not convinced to keep watching yet)

All-time past (non-current) shows:

Battlestar Galactica (newer SyFy edition)

Smallville (I'm a sucker for super-hero shows)

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Arrested Development

Friends (yes, you heard me)

Seinfeld

Cheers

The Flash

The Tick

Most recently, we purchased the first season of BBC's Sherlock, which is a modern-day version of Sherlock Holmes. Really, really cool show.

This weekend I watched the first 2 films of the second series ("A Scandal In Belgravia" and "The Hounds of Baskerville"). They were fantastic, but I expect nothing less from Steven Moffatt (the guy behind Doctor Who). I can't wait for Sunday and the finale of the second series, "The Reichenbach Falls".

I can't believe nobody else has mentioned Downton Abbey. I can't be the only member watching this.

The only shows I "can't miss" are on NBC on Thursday. Community, Parks and Rec & 30 Rock. Oh yeah, and Doctor Who.

Just made it through 8 seasons of 24 on DVD over the past few months. Amazing show.

Just made it through 8 seasons of 24 on DVD over the past few months. Amazing show.

CTU has atrocious security. There's *always* a mole of some kind. I was totally on board for the first 4 seasons but then I found the quality starting to take a steep nosedive. They were always trying to "top" themselves with shock and drama instead of crafting an intriguing slightly murky show like the storyline in season 1. I watched them all, but nothing came close to season 1.

The season premiere of Californication was Sunday night on Showtime. God I love that show.

I recently just finished The Shield. This was a show that I followed on a non-regular basis and this year, I was up to season 4 and I said to myself that I'm finishing this in one shot so that I can move on to other shows. Season 4, I skipped it after 3 episodes because I found the storyline to be weaker than usual, despite having Glenn Close as a main character. Season 5 was good. Season 6 was better and was basically a build-up to the final season. Season 7: WOW such a strong finish to the series every episode was amazing.

And here are a few other honorable mentions of shows that I think deserve one...

The Big Band Theory: Basically, if you're fond of the idea of one super hot chick spending time with and befriending a bunch of super nerds, then this show is for you!

Wonderfalls: A guilty pleasure of mine. The show was pulled from the FOX line-up after just 4 episodes, but a complete series was released on DVD. Not for everybody, though. Some will probably find it lame, but I really like it!!

Raising the Bar: For a show that only lasted 2 seasons, this show is a really, really good court/law drama. A very deep and emotional show, well written, well acted.

Breaking Bad: I mentionned it in the previous page, but I think this show is so good that it needs to be bumped into this page. Everybody here needs to watch this show no matter what type of show you prefer. Don't just take my word for it, read all of the comments in the last page about it. Money equals freedom allright!! :)

Tonight, I'm pretty stoked for the premiere of Face Off season 2 on Syfy. It's a reality competition for movie makeup. Not blush and lipstick makeup, but makeup as in monsters, zombies, special effects and the like.

- LOST: Nothing will ever top this show in my books.

I agree, definitely my favorite show.

Tonight, I'm pretty stoked for the premiere of Face Off season 2 on Syfy. It's a reality competition for movie makeup. Not blush and lipstick makeup, but makeup as in monsters, zombies, special effects and the like.

I loved season 1 and I will be tuning in for season 2.

I've gotten into that show Full Metal Jousting. Bitchin. Also on Netflix ive recently gotten into Weeds on Showtime. Pretty hilarious stuff.

In the last ten years I have only watched 2 series on TV:

LOST and The Walking Dead.

And I agree with the already posted that LOST is the best show ever...

I've waited almost a year and a half for tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf3z3J-RV40

My brother talked about this show for a year before I finally watched it. Can't wait for the season premiere tonight.

I've waited almost a year and a half for tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf3z3J-RV40

My brother talked about this show for a year before I finally watched it. Can't wait for the season premiere tonight.

Pretty solid season premiere. I was expecting the show to be a little less raunchy for some reason. There were a few one-liners that had me laughing good, but nothing that kept me chuckling all the way through. But, it's only the first episode. Nice little twist at the end though that I have to say I saw coming.

Them having Kenny Powers having to take care of a baby for the season was just about the only way they could have gone with it. You knew him and April weren't going to be together. That ain't the Kenny Powers way. Should be an interesting season.

TV

The Walking Dead

Big Bang Theory

How I Met Your Mother

Mike And Molly

2 Broke Girls

In Plain Sight

Netflix

Arrested Development

The League

Right now, I'm watching Baseball's Best Facial Hair on MLB Network. Earlier, I was watching MLB's Greatest Team Killers (players successful against one team).

Due to Netflix my wife has been watching episodes of 'Angel' and 'Heroes'.

Never really watched 'The Big Bang Theory' until I took some time off sick from work and ended up watching most of a marathon one day.

Relatively recently got and watched all of the DVD's of the UK version of 'Life on Mars' and 'Ashes to Ashes'. The British 'Life on Mars' is great - the U.S. version sucks.