infrared41

What are you watching?

801 posts in this topic

Due to Netflix my wife has been watching episodes of 'Angel' and 'Heroes'.

Never really watched 'The Big Bang Theory' until I took some time off sick from work and ended up watching most of a marathon one day.

Relatively recently got and watched all of the DVD's of the UK version of 'Life on Mars' and 'Ashes to Ashes'. The British 'Life on Mars' is great - the U.S. version sucks.

This x1000.

The BBC actually produce a lot of great stuff, Life on Mars, Dr Who & especially Sherlock are all awesome.

I just rolled through Lost and Blue Mountain State on Netflix. Not going to say much about Lost because of how deep that can go, but BMS is hilrious. Disappointed that it's over after only 3 seasons.

Rught now: My Strange Addiction episode about a girl who's addicted to drinking gasoline. :blink:

Just getting in on this Eastbound & Down business. Watched all 6 episodes of Season 1 last night.

Anyone watch Key & Peele? Pretty funny show, the 1st season finale is on tonight on comedy central

the_big_bang_theory-show.jpg

It's one of my parents' favorite shows, and they recently had me watch it. I'm hooked now. My parents already had 20 or so episodes recorded on their DVR, and I watched all of them in a day during my Spring Break last week. It's one of the more genuinely funny shows I've seen. The exchanges between Howard and his mother especially crack me up.

Chopped on Food Network. It's a Tuesday ritual for me.

Weekly schedule:

Sunday: Worst Cooks in America

Monday: RAW

Tuesday: Chopped

Wednesday: Restaurant: Impossible; Face Off

Thursday: Impact Wrestling; Archer; Unsupervised

Friday: Smackdown!

Saturday: Ben 10: Ultimate Alien; ThunderCats; Green Latern: The Animated Series; Young Justice

Tonight, I'm pretty stoked for the premiere of Face Off season 2 on Syfy. It's a reality competition for movie makeup. Not blush and lipstick makeup, but makeup as in monsters, zombies, special effects and the like.

I loved season 1 and I will be tuning in for season 2.

Glad I'm not the only one.

On Netflix, I'm watching a few things:

Godzilla: The Animated Series

Chrome Shelled Regios

Heat Guy J

I really like sitcoms. I watch a lot of Seinfeld, I'm working through Cheers, and I went through 3 seasons of Mr. Belvedere on DVD. My favorite show right now, by far, is Community. I cannot stress enough how good it is. Very funny. Lots of high concept episodes, but there is some standard sitcom stuff as well. I urge you to give it a try.

Here is a sample:

This whole thread and no mention of Archer?

I really like sitcoms. I watch a lot of Seinfeld, I'm working through Cheers, and I went through 3 seasons of Mr. Belvedere on DVD. My favorite show right now, by far, is Community. I cannot stress enough how good it is. Very funny. Lots of high concept episodes, but there is some standard sitcom stuff as well. I urge you to give it a try.

Here is a sample:

It's one of my 5 favorite shows right now. I'm so glad it's back.

Rught now: My Strange Addiction episode about a girl who's addicted to drinking gasoline. :blink:

Better or worse than the woman that's been drinking and snorting her urine for 4 years?

(If she doesn't drink any clean water, it's gone through her body 1,461 times.)

The only shows I go out of my way to watch are The Walking Dead and Family Guy. Both shows are genius.

I often turn on the TV while doing my freelance work (illustrations, if you're wondering) just for the white noise, and discovered reruns of The Big Bang Theory and The Office (US Version). Big Bang Theory is kind of hit-and-miss, but The Office is freaking GOLD every time.

My brother-in-law is an avid TV watcher and has recommended Sons of Anarchy and Mad Men. Unfortunately, I'm usually pretty busy, and have yet to see either.

Seriously can not wait for Sunday, this long hiatus of Mad Men has been brutal. I really hope they don't jump the shark this season, although I still think Don's engagement was dumb - we'll see where they take it.

I guess this is the place to post this tv related question, is that Jim from The Office on the esursance commercial?

This whole thread and no mention of Archer?

Please see 3 posts above yours.

Parks and Rec is hilarious, just finished the first season. Can't wait to move onto the next season.

Season 2 Ep 1 of Game of Thrones debuted tonight, my thoughts:

• Clearly not going to mess around here. A Clash of Kings has 200 pages of more content to work into 10 episodes, so naturally most of "The North Remembers" felt hurried. Re-introducing the cast as well as giving Stannis/Davos some extended time really crammed a lot into 50-odd minutes.
  • Joffrey does a fantastic job of reminding us all that he's one of TV's best all-time scumbags. Based on what I've read in the book so far, I look forward to seeing how he develops this season.
  • Tyrion as The Hand should be just as awesome as it is in the novel.
  • It's already awkward seeing Cersei being knocked down several pegs. She did such a good job in the first season of imposing her will, but even in a few short minutes of E1, we get to see that it's going to be rough for her. Good.
  • Very interested in just how much they give to Daenerys. Obviously she's a monstrous character in this series, but to be honest she's pretty blatantly being tucked away for something later on.
  • Not a fan of the actor they chose to portray Stannis. At all. Same with Melisandre. Something about her seems dumpy, and her clothes look cheap. Hrm.
  • Not sure if I'm sold on the CG direwolves, but that was inevitable.
  • Final 5 minutes of the episode are pretty intense. The "disposal" of the bastard is um....pretty hardcore.

My roommate and I have been watching a bunch of stuff on Netflix and HuluPlus recently. We went through Arrested Development and Blue Mountain State. Now we're on to Archer. All fantastic shows. Also, I've been watching Parks and Rec, which is a great show as well. Ron Swanson may be one of my favorite TV characters ever. Plus Aubrey Plaza is so hot.