infrared41

What are you watching?

infrared41    3,724

I did a search and as best I can tell, we don't have a catch-all TV thread. Thanks to Netflix, I've started watching a few shows that I knew about, but had never seen. I thought we could try a thread to discuss shows we've "discovered" via Netflix, Hulu, etc., and all the stuff that's airing currently and so on.

I just started watching The League and Sons of Anarchy and I'm totally hooked on both. Thanks again to Netflix, I "discovered" Trailer Park Boys a while back.

knnhrvy16    4

Of course, sporting events are at the top of the list. Primarily Jazz games or whatever baseball games I can catch during the season :D

As far as TV shows, I'm hooked on a lot of Travel Channel stuff. Man vs. Food, Ghost Adventures (my father is a paranormal investigator himself, so that's something we all watch together), and Bert the Conqueror are some favorites of mine.

Most recently, we purchased the first season of BBC's Sherlock, which is a modern-day version of Sherlock Holmes. Really, really cool show.

Then, there's the occasional NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Parks & Recreation, Modern Family, and Saturday Night Live. When American Idol is in season, I try to really follow it as much as I can. Being a huge music fan, I really enjoy it, despite the usual bad rap it gets.

Don    7

Burn Notice. Its in between seasons on USA but can be found on Netflix. Its my favorite show. House used to be 2nd but I think that show has jumped the shark a bit.

jayjackson3    100

Because of Netflix, I've watched Prison Break and 24. I also get to watch any South Park episode I want which is great. I don't watch a lot of TV shows while they are on the air and Netflix has helped me to discover shows I wouldn't normally watch.

The only shows I can think of that I watched while they were still on TV are Spartacus, The Wire, and Smallville. But when I was watching Smallville, it was in it's last season on TV so I had to catch up to it first.

infrared41    3,724

I don't watch a lot of TV shows while they are on the air and Netflix has helped me to discover shows I wouldn't normally watch.

Same here. It's why I thought this thread might work. We can pass along our "discoveries." It's just easier to watch shows on Netflix. You can watch whenever you want. It doesn't get in the way of watching games.

habsfan1    1,348

Breaking Bad is my favorite show at the moment. Powerful and amazing television, 'nuff said.

I also want to check out Spartacus and Terra Nova sometime in the near future, but I'm going to finish the TV series that I started first before I go for some new ones. Because otherwise, it will never end.

Brass    1,635

I'm in between Season Three and Four of Breaking Bag. Just delightful.

In the meantime, I'm thanking the combination of DVR and late night marathons of To Catch a Predator.

Billy B    154

I love (my roommate) having Netflix. Just started watching The League recently and it's hilarious. I think I went through all of Season 3 in one day. I've also seen a lot of Trailer Park Boys thanks to high people coming into my room and watching it. It's kind of funny, but other people like it a lot more. One show that I'm a big fan of is Last Man Standing, Tim Allen is great.

charger77    1,065

My "must watch shows are"

The Office

Parks & Rec

Archer

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The League

Dan vs.

WWE Monday Nite RAW

Hockey

The rest of what I watch is re-runs of old tv shows.

Epiphanic    13

Burn Notice. Its in between seasons on USA but can be found on Netflix.

Burn Notice is totally awesome. I think I'm a bigger fan of White Collar though. But those two shows and "Chuck" are my three shows that I try to keep up on.

I've watched the first three seasons of Breaking Bad on Netflix and holy hell is that show awesome. I'm waiting for subsequent episodes.

If you're taking recommendations, I suggest watching Masterpiece Mystery's "Sherlock". That show was epic.

Magnus    243

What am I watching? Probably too much TV.

Some of my favourite non-sports programming recently:

Frasier, Friends and That 70s Show on TVtropolis

new episodes of Futurama/Family Guy when they air

1000 Ways to Die on Spike TV Monday nights

I've also found that a couple of random channels that I hardly ever watch programming on have recently aired Hollywood films. When I see one that interests me, I flip to it for that film.

epper    26

My current shows, mostly thanks to Netflix of course.

- Breaking Bad: Amazing, amazing, amazing show. One of my favourites ever and the most well-acted show I've ever seen. Currently working through season 4.

- Terriers: Underrated buddy-cop dramedy that unfortunately only lasted one season on FX.

- Rescue Me: Fantastic firefighter drama that is pure Denis Leary. If you like his schtick, you'll love the show. Working on Season 4 of 7.

- Man v. Food: Everyones favourite 1/2 hour of gluttony. Always makes me hungry.

- Arrested Development: I've already watched all 3 seasons, but I'm going back through them and they're just as funny, if not more so because of all the new little hilarious details you catch every time.

- Modern Family: Best comedy on TV right now.

- Survivor: Don't ask me why. I get roped back in every season.

- The Walking Dead: First mini-season was great. Season 2 has been a massive disappointment so far but hoping it picks up a little in the second half.

Favourite shows of all-time that I've finished:

- LOST: Nothing will ever top this show in my books.

- Friday Night Lights

- Prison Break & Heroes: Season 1 of each of these shows were among the best single seasons of television you'll ever watch. Unfortunately, subsequent seasons were absolutely awful.

Others that I really want to get into eventually:

- Sons of Anarchy

- The League

- The Shield

- Justified

- Boardwalk Empire

McCarthy    6,885

I will be the first to tell you that I'm a big couch potato. I watch more TV than anyone I know. It's actually kind of a problem.

Favorite shows going right now.

Community (it'll be a damn shame if they cancel it as it's one of the most clever shows on TV)

Parks & Recreation

30 Rock

The League

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Workaholics

The Amazing Race

Family Guy

Modern Family

The Middle

formerly The Office, but that show's 3 years past its shark. I think I saw 2 episodes of this last season and they were painful.

Shows I caught on Netflix, but grew to love

Breaking Bad

Mad Men

Friday Night Lights

NewsRadio

Sons of Anarchy

All time favorite shows

Arrested Development

Futurama

Simpsons (I hung on until about season 18, but I can't tell you the last time I tuned in on Sunday Night)

South Park

GatorHunter    6

Current Shows:

American Chopper: It was good when it first started, now its just about the feud between Sr. and Jr.

American Guns: A new show in its first season, kinda like Sons of Guns.

Sons of Guns: They make some awesome guns.

Terra Nova: In the first season, the idea is a great one, but kinda disappointed they have not done more with it.

The Walking Dead: The first Season was great, but the second season has kinda slowed down a bit, i hope it picks back up.

Unforgettable: Also in the first season, it a different type of cop show.

Burn Notice: Good Show

Californication: Starting its fifth season, hope they can keep it up.

The Big Bang Theory: Funny!

I have a lot of free time here is some more I watch:

NCIS

NCIS: LA

CSI

CSI: Miami

CSI: NY

How I met your Mother

Bones

Criminal Minds

Modern Family

Dexter

Family Guy

Some older shows I use to watch:

The Unit

The Shield

V

Alias

My Name is Earl

Smallville

Ghost Whisperer

Some I still have yet to watch that I want to:

Sons of Anarchy

Prison Break

Breaking Bad

Breakwood    55

Waiting for Season 3 of Justified to start. In my opinion it's the best series on TV these days. Season 1 was good, but Season 2 blew it out of the water...really great writing. I'd urge anyone who hasnt seen it, to give it a try.

CS85    5,400

Gonna start up Deadwood season 1 again tonight. Do a marathon of sorts of 1-3.

NEW.ERA    134

Current shows:

The Simpsons - All time favourite, seen every episode, know it all!

Skins (UK Version) - Generation 1 and 2 are by far the best, 3 not so much, but I look forward to the new season. The US show was garbage, and thankfully will never see the light of day again.

How I Met Your Mother - In my opinion, the most solid sitcom on TV today.

Hell on Wheels - Another great AMC show.

The Walking Dead - Graphic Novels still trump it, but show is good.

Dexter - Just getting in to it. But so far so good!

American Dad - SethMac's new best show.

Family Guy - Yeah, it's kinda gone stale. The laughs are still there though.

Big Bang Theory - Was really good in the start, but has just started sucking when Bernadette, and the chick that played Blossom became full on cast members.

infrared41    3,724

Just finished seasons 1-3 of Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. I'm so hooked that I immediately bought season 4 on Amazon. What a ridiculous, but really good, show. I've been a biker for years now. In all that time, I've never run across an MC where they all ride the same model bikes. Or are in such constant trouble.