Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

...and Jacksonville likely needs the Jaguars to leave.

Whatever the hell that means, troll. Meaningless, worthless comment. Troll

No, it's not a trolling comment. Think about it.

In order to get the fan support and the corporate support an MLS venture in JAX would need, it's likely that the Jaguars would need to have departed. Not too many are going to pledge monetary support to both franchises and if there isn't a professional sports team in JAX, it would make an MLS club that much more likely.

I don't want to see the Jaguars leave. I've said that multiple times on this board and defended Jacksonville. But just simply saying that the NFL franchise leaving would benefit a prospective MLS franchise isn't trolling.

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this seems to be sequeing into Domestic Soccer 2013, so maybe here's the place to report that the Cosmos are indeed moving ahead, taking season ticket deposits starting tomorrow and signing the organization's first player in decades (mercenary squad for friendly aside), Long Island native and former Red Bull Carlos Mendez.

This move upsets me:

TFC trades F- Ryan Johnson and GK- Milos Kosic to Portland for GK- Joe Bendik, 3rd overall pick in the 2013 superdraft and allocation money.

Looks like TFC has also released backup keeper Freddy Hall.

That leaves about $650,000 in cap room for TFC and the rumor floating around is that there is a European that the club is trying to sign, not sure who though.

Either way I like Ryan Johnson a lot, great MLS player. Not happy to see him go.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

This move upsets me:

TFC trades F- Ryan Johnson and GK- Milos Kosic to Portland for GK- Joe Bendik, 3rd overall pick in the 2013 superdraft and allocation money.

That leaves about $650,000 in cap room for TFC and the rumor floating around is that there is a European that the club is trying to sign, not sure who though.

Either way I like Ryan Johnson a lot, great MLS player. Not happy to see him go.

I'm pretty sure that this is a rumor at every MLS club at all times. :lol: Though sometimes it's an unnamed Brazilian/Argie, i guess.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

This move upsets me:

I'm pretty sure that this is a rumor at every MLS club at all times. :lol: Though sometimes it's an unnamed Brazilian/Argie, i guess.

Touche.

I should say this: Paul Mariner went on a scouting trip to Scandinavia and Cyprus in October. That's where the rumors come from.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I heard Mix Didkerud to the Timbers today

That would be awesome if they got him. I'd much rather see our young players in the MLS than somewhere like Norway. Let him play a few years and develop a little bit before going to a higher quality league in Europe.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I heard Mix Didkerud to the Timbers today

That would be awesome if they got him. I'd much rather see our young players in the MLS than somewhere like Norway. Let him play a few years and develop a little bit before going to a higher quality league in Europe.

That and getting the USMNT players some exposure before a domestic audience can't possibly hurt the national side. After all, who gets to watch the Norwegian league here in the States?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The re-entry draft is complete.

TFC took Danny Califf, whom they had acquired in a trade last year with Philly. The trade ended up being cancelled as Califf said he would not report to Toronto. Here's hoping that this time around he will show up.

Speaking of Philly, they took Connor Casey which I think was the best pick up in this draft.

• 2 weeks later...

Jacksonville can have either the Orlando City (USL) or Tampa Bay (NASL) franchise when either Orlando or Tampa Bay get MLS.

We'll see. I know MLS once said that they'd like to expand beyond the FIFA guidelines of 20 teams, but they've kind of backed off that recently. And there aren't many clubs worthy of relocation discussion.

• 3 weeks later...

So, a friend of mine was on Ticketmaster and ran across this...can't put too much into it at this point, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

19291_3877426185917_1188522916_n.jpg

Don Garber is expected to be in KC for an announcement tomorrow.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

So, TFC are apparently reaching for the crown of TO sports incompetence.

I mean really, you couldn't hire a guy who a) has coaching experience and credentials and b- was not under contract to continue playing in the EPL.

Are they going to trade someone for a bus next?

wtfc_zps6f42cbd4.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived