TFoA

Domestic Soccer 2012

757 posts in this topic

Quakes take down Whitecaps 3-1. Off to a 4-1 start. Best start ever for the Quakes.

Those 3 that the Quakes scored were also the 1st 3 goals that the Whitecaps have allowed all season. I'm sure that the 'Caps will take a few clean sheets and one random defensive spazz-out like this, but that's highly unrealistic. :P

Also, Thierry Henry has 7 goals in his past 3 games. He's the main reason why the Red Bulls are looking pretty damn good right now & may finally live up to some expectations, though it's early yet.

I'm watching the Sporting Kansas City-Los Angeles game... You mean to tell me that with the kind of firepower the Galaxy have with Keane, Donovan and Beckham they would only have three shots so far?

Back spasms prevented Beckham from making the trip to Kansas City and Donovan's just getting back into shape after a quad injury. That said, Kansas City's defense did frustrate Kean and Edson Buddle.

Was it back spasims? or was he just mad at being subbed so he refused to play? (sorry I had to, it was there for the taking)

But seriously, I do not get what's up with LA. Maybe they shouldn't have sent Donovan out on loan?

Sporting Kansas City's for real. And I don't know what's going on out in LA... and I don't care - I'm fine with them in 16th in the league. :P

SKC is for real. They can grind out results with the best of them. DC continues to struggle on offense but the D was really solid vs Seattle tonight. Almost pissed it away on a stoppage time header by Marc Burch that hit the crossbar. That wouldve ripped the hearts out of all United fans right there.

If the East is as bad as most figure that they'll be & LA continues to stumble like they have, SKC is probably the best bet to win the Shield this season.

So, apparently Gus Johnson is on the radio call for the San Jose Earthquakes.

Which gives us this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJQdn0pABFs&feature=youtu.be

Anything Gus Johnson announces is gold. Love that guy. Ha ha!

Also pleasantly surprised that Gus is actually pretty knowledgeable about the sport and doesn't just sound like some random American announcer who just happened to get a gig doing soccer games.

Also, poor TFC. They scored 3 goals tonight, but only 2 counted for the Reds (the other one was an own goal) and lost the match in the 93rd minute. 7 games in, 7 losses. Absolute mess of a start to the season.

Well, that was a disappointing yet expected loss to Seattle. There was a little bit of hope at the end when we pulled within one but the Sounders continue to have our number.

Also, poor TFC. They scored 3 goals tonight, but only 2 counted for the Reds (the other one was an own goal) and lost the match in the 93rd minute. 7 games in, 7 losses. Absolute mess of a start to the season.

Is there a record for MLS futility that TFC hasn't broken yet?...Longest losing streak to start a season, longest goal drought, longest playoff drought...dont they have longest winless streak too?

Serious problems in Toronto

Is there a record for MLS futility that TFC hasn't broken yet?...Longest losing streak to start a season, longest goal drought, longest playoff drought...dont they have longest winless streak too?

Don't worry, they will somehow beat DC United, in either or both, of their next two matches.

Don't worry, they will somehow beat DC United, in either or both, of their next two matches.

Man I hope your right!

It's nice to see the Caps not being a total disaster on defence this year. The scoring certainly hasn't arrived as advertised, pre-season there was a lot of talk about all the Caps fir epower with Le Toux, Hassli, Harris, Salgado, Camillo, etc, but so far they haven't got much going on there.

And, just to show that MLS is still in some corners the half-assed outfit it was for over a decade, one of the writers for its site has come out against female die-hard fans.

http://jezebel.com/5906805/major-league-soccer-blowhard-says-female-die%20hard-fans-are-so-not-hot

It's fine if you're a female and you want to be a super-fan. Clearly go for it, that's your choice. But there is something to be said for how appealing that might be to the other sex. Having a woman that's such a fan, like painting your face, tuning in to every podcast. I don't know how many males would be into that.

It's great that in Kansas City there are a lot of women in the stands, it's great, but for the guy who wants maybe a serious relationship... If you are following just casually, but if you're such a die-hard, I don't know, it comes a point that it is a bit of a turn-off.

Sure thing, pal. That'll do wonders for spreading the Beautiful Game.

And, just to show that MLS is still in some corners the half-assed outfit it was for over a decade, one of the writers for its site has come out against female die-hard fans.

http://jezebel.com/5906805/major-league-soccer-blowhard-says-female-die%20hard-fans-are-so-not-hot

It's fine if you're a female and you want to be a super-fan. Clearly go for it, that's your choice. But there is something to be said for how appealing that might be to the other sex. Having a woman that's such a fan, like painting your face, tuning in to every podcast. I don't know how many males would be into that.

It's great that in Kansas City there are a lot of women in the stands, it's great, but for the guy who wants maybe a serious relationship... If you are following just casually, but if you're such a die-hard, I don't know, it comes a point that it is a bit of a turn-off.

Sure thing, pal. That'll do wonders for spreading the Beautiful Game.

What the f u c k? Why would you even write something like that. It's not even an opinion piece, it's just an opinion. Stuff like that belongs on twitter, not in an article. What an idiot.

Considering that it was Simon Borg who said this, I am not surprised one bit.

What the f u c k? Why would you even write something like that. It's not even an opinion piece, it's just an opinion. Stuff like that belongs on twitter, not in an article. 60 years ago. What an idiot.

Fixed...

I cant wait to read his "apology" and explanation.

We'll have to wait a week for Borg's begrudged half-assed "sorry if my comments offended you" apology, since MLS suspended him.

In other news, I'm really pumped for Sounders/Galaxy. First time in MLS that CenturyLink Field will be completely open.

We'll have to wait a week for Borg's begrudged half-assed "sorry if my comments offended you" apology, since MLS suspended him.

In other news, I'm really pumped for Sounders/Galaxy. First time in MLS that CenturyLink Field will be completely open.

Completely open? Do you mean all of the seats in the building? Because that's not true.

Friend of mine is going to the game and posted this on Facebook. Note the tarp on the upper level:

546453_3675271636831_1126144977_33453400_2122465932_n.jpg

My mistake, apparently the game in August against LA will be at full capacity. To apologize, here's Kasey Keller with a mullet:

16c7f2c475144a26bdabd14.jpg

EDIT: Additionally I forgot that for Keller's last regular season game the stadium was open.

Completely open? Do you mean all of the seats in the building? Because that's not true.

Friend of mine is going to the game and posted this on Facebook. Note the tarp on the upper level:

546453_3675271636831_1126144977_33453400_2122465932_n.jpg

It's been completely open before. I took this photo at a Sounders game late last season:

WP_000297.jpg

What the f u c k? Why would you even write something like that. It's not even an opinion piece, it's just an opinion. Stuff like that belongs on twitter, not in an article. 60 years ago. What an idiot.

Fixed...

I cant wait to read his "apology" and explanation.

Touche.

Borg's comments aren't offensive... they're just wrong...

"Super-Fan" chicks in ANY sport are infinetly more bangable.... :P