Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

All I have to say is this there is no better goal celebration in the Soccer World than in Portland

I think we have a pretty good atmosphere here in Toronto, but every time I see tifo clips from Portland I become truly jealous. It's extremely high on my list of places to go and see a game.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I have to say is this there is no better goal celebration in the Soccer World than in Portland

Jen-Wen Field is the only arena in North America that comes close to matching the atmosphere in Europe and Latin America.

Their fans are the reasons why the Timbers are my favorite MLS team.

Deadspin has a great video up of Timbers fans. http://deadspin.com/5828249/soccer-fans-in-portland-still-behaving-curiously-like-soccer-fans-in-any-city-outside-the-united-states

spacer.png

Jen-Wen Field is the only arena in North America that comes close to matching the atmosphere in Europe and Latin America.

Their fans are the reasons why the Timbers are my favorite MLS team.

Deadspin has a great video up of Timbers fans. http://deadspin.com/5828249/soccer-fans-in-portland-still-behaving-curiously-like-soccer-fans-in-any-city-outside-the-united-states

I love that the Timbers present the slab to the goal-scorer after the match.

3e121de4038e5bb928b219b4f0d7f9fc-getty-141206380.jpg

Toronto FC and Santos Laguna in the second leg of their CONCACAF Champions League semifinal tonight. 1-1 aggregate going in, and TFC scores an away goal less than 15 minutes in!

Toronto FC and Santos Laguna in the second leg of their CONCACAF Champions League semifinal tonight. 1-1 aggregate going in, and TFC scores an away goal less than 15 minutes in!

... and it went downhill from there... Well, hopefully TFC gets out of the city alive ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

... and it went downhill from there... Well, hopefully TFC gets out of the city alive ^_^

If only the could have called the game at half time.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

If only the could have called the game at half time.

If it's any solace, Santos did the exact same thing to Seattle when the Sounders went down there. They're probably gonna win it all.

Also, I'm rooting for Hercules Gomez from this point forward. As long as he wins something, I'll be happy.

After seeing the schedule, the date I am waiting for is May 12th... That's when Houston opens up BBVA Compass Stadium to the world. I like seeing new stadiums and the fact that this game will be televised helps that.

I too can't wait to see a game at this urban soccer gem. MLS has come a long way since the days of Frisco & Commerce City. Hopefully DC & NE follow Houston's lead and build in the city and not the suburbs.

An-SxQ2CEAABqL4.jpg

AoJByW-CIAESlW_.jpg

117WTZ0399-L.jpg

NYCdog.png

I don't know what looks better, the interior or the exterior. Great-looking stadium all around.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This Canadian Derby has been a good match so far. Neither team is particularly good but theres some hard physical soccer going on on the carpet at the O.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

This Canadian Derby has been a good match so far. Neither team is particularly good but theres some hard physical soccer going on on the carpet at the O.

TFC's defense is so exposed without Frings though.

Eckersley is a great little player who gives 100% all the time but the rest of the back line still needs an upgrade. I can't wait for Adrian Cann to return.

I'm watching the Sporting Kansas City-Los Angeles game... You mean to tell me that with the kind of firepower the Galaxy have with Keane, Donovan and Beckham they would only have three shots so far?

Crazy.

I'm watching the Sporting Kansas City-Los Angeles game... You mean to tell me that with the kind of firepower the Galaxy have with Keane, Donovan and Beckham they would only have three shots so far?

Back spasms prevented Beckham from making the trip to Kansas City and Donovan's just getting back into shape after a quad injury. That said, Kansas City's defense did frustrate Kean and Edson Buddle.

Archived