Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say "screwed", but a golden opportunity has been missed.

The two best weeks in sports, period, are the week your team wins the championship and the last week of a soccer season as teams grapple to move up or stay up.

I think the distance MLS teams have to travel on a weekly basis also makes promotion/relegation problematic. Countries in Europe, geographically speaking, don't have to travel the distance of, say, L.A. to Boston or even L.A. to Kansas City on a regular basis. That alone is a barrier considering the costs associated with travel and the amount of revenue a club would likely lose after being relegated.

I wouldn't say "screwed", but a golden opportunity has been missed.

The two best weeks in sports, period, are the week your team wins the championship and the last week of a soccer season as teams grapple to move up or stay up.

I think the distance MLS teams have to travel on a weekly basis also makes promotion/relegation problematic. Countries in Europe, geographically speaking, don't have to travel the distance of, say, L.A. to Boston or even L.A. to Kansas City on a regular basis. That alone is a barrier considering the costs associated with travel and the amount of revenue a club would likely lose after being relegated.

Regional lower leagues, then.

6fQjS3M.png

This goal by Kevin Venegas was the winner for the Minnesota Stars tonight. It has to be play of the week in NASL, and maybe goal of the week anywhere in North America this week.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

What do you guys think of BBVA Compass Stadium?

It looks nice.

All that orange.... ohhhh... I'm having an Orange-gasm.

(OK, too much on that)

Oh, yeah. It's a nice looking stadium and it's even better that Houston won that game.

I don't have a link but the Puerot Rico Islanders are going to pull a JELD-WEN Field, and convert their baseball stadium into a soccer-specific stadium.

I want to sound the right way, so here it goes:

Good move, Islanders.

Yeah, they're having to play at a temporary field right now, as the renovations got delayed a bit. Hopefully they'll put in a better drainage system than what they've had before.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't have a link but the Puerot Rico Islanders are going to pull a JELD-WEN Field, and convert their baseball stadium into a soccer-specific stadium.

Good move, Islanders.

To be fair that stadium has been soccer only, if not specific for the past 5 plus years.

1zqy8ok.gif

Good move, Islanders.

To be fair that stadium has been soccer only, if not specific for the past 5 plus years.

Boy, I need to check my sources more throughly before posting.

(If it's a joke, sorry for letting it go over my head. *smacks head*)

Good move, Islanders.

Boy, I need to check my sources more throughly before posting.

(If it's a joke, sorry for letting it go over my head. *smacks head*)

I did look a bit online and it looks like you're right. While the stadium only hosted soccer for the past 5 years, it was still very much a baseball stadium. It looks like they are indeed doing the renovations to it currently.

BigSoccer topic about it

1zqy8ok.gif

Timbers and Dynamo play to a 0-0 draw which is not news, but green and orange make for a nice color matchup! The game wasnt entertaining but it was surely colorful.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Meanwhile, in Canada...Eric Hassli is at it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_k_dc-x-Po

That's nearly as good as his goal in Seattle last season. Wow.

Also, it's 1-1 going to the 2nd leg in Toronto. I consider myself a Whitecaps fan, but how hilarious would it be if TFC ended up winning the ACC, continuing their run of good play in every competition BUT MLS?

Also, it's 1-1 going to the 2nd leg in Toronto. I consider myself a Whitecaps fan, but how hilarious would it be if TFC ended up winning the ACC, continuing their run of good play in every competition BUT MLS?

That would be :censored: hilarious. It simply wouldn't work anywhere else BUT Canada, eh? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

That would be :censored: hilarious. It simply wouldn't work anywhere else BUT Canada, eh? ^_^

I have to disagree. It would suck.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I didn't say it would be a good thing. I just said it would be funny :P

I saw, I came, I left.

I didn't say it would be a good thing. I just said it would be funny :P

lol, yeah. it would be. Sadly that is the standard you grow to become used to in Toronto.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived