Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, New England has been snubbed in terms of hosting the MLS All-Star Game.

Ok, that was funny.

Could also make the argument for Sporting Kansas City or FC Dallas - neither have hosted either.

Actually, Sporting might have the better argument as they've never hosted MLS Cup either.

LvZYtbZ.png

Less than 24 hours after the USWNT completed its Olympic qualifying run, Women's Professional Soccer's 2012 season has been magicJacked.

In October, [WPS] terminated its South Florida franchise after clashing with owner Dan Borislow all season. A Florida judge ruled earlier this month that the league failed to follow its own dispute procedures when it terminated the franchise, and another court hearing is set for Wednesday.

WPS CEO Jennifer O'Sullivan said owners chose to cancel the season over possibly working with Borislow in the league again.

CCSLC signature.png

And there goes another top level women's soccer league.

Whoever comes next (be they a new league, the WPSL or W-League stepping, or if WPS actually does return), they need to latch on MLS like a leech. Maybe even have MLS as a controlling entity (ala the NBA and WNBA). Put teams in dedicated MLS markets (Seattle, Portland, Vancouver, LA, DC, Chicago, Toronto, New York for example), showcase games on NBCSN, have some people to really care about it, and perhaps a bit of luck (the US World Cup in '99 brought the WUSA, what would have last years Cup brought?).

soundersbanner.png

Thankfully, the Whitecaps bought out Mustapha Jarju. I don't know a whole lot of MLS history, but could he be the worst DP signing ever?

They made up for it by getting Le Toux from Union for allocation money. Bit of a headscratcher there from Union's perspective.

Thankfully, the Whitecaps bought out Mustapha Jarju. I don't know a whole lot of MLS history, but could he be the worst DP signing ever?

Mustapha is certainly not the worst DP. However, he gives Nery Castillo and Mista a run for their ineptitude on the field.

They made up for it by getting Le Toux from Union for allocation money. Bit of a headscratcher there from Union's perspective.

Just look at how much time Le Toux missed from being suspended for red and yellow cards whilst he was with the Union. That explains things perfectly.

LvZYtbZ.png

Mustapha is certainly not the worst DP. However, he gives Nery Castillo and Mista a run for their ineptitude on the field.

Gallardo was bad too, but he was hurt so much we really couldnt tell he good he could be.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• 1 month later...

So, we're only a couple days away from First Kick. So psyched.

I like both Portland and Vancouver to make the playoffs out west. Should be interesting to see how those clubs do. I'll be behind my Crew as always, but I'm not expecting much this year.

6fQjS3M.png

I like both Portland and Vancouver to make the playoffs out west. Should be interesting to see how those clubs do. I'll be behind my Crew as always, but I'm not expecting much this year.

A DC United blog/podcaster picked the Crew to win the East. Chad Marshall to be the defender of the year. Pretty sure its just to avoid jinxing DC, but at least someone has hope for your boys in Yellow?

Pretty damn excited for my black and reds season! Hamdi Salihi has looked to be the real deal with 2 goals in 2 games so far. We'll see how this goes!

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

A DC United blog/podcaster picked the Crew to win the East. Chad Marshall to be the defender of the year. Pretty sure its just to avoid jinxing DC, but at least someone has hope for your boys in Yellow?

Pretty damn excited for my black and reds season! Hamdi Salihi has looked to be the real deal with 2 goals in 2 games so far. We'll see how this goes!

I dunno, I feel like the Crew overachieved last season. Plus, losing Robbie Rogers won't do much good for the club. We'll just have to see how this season goes and if Marshall and Hesmer can lead the club to success.

Personally, I feel as if Philadelphia, DC United, and New York are the three best clubs in the East right now.

6fQjS3M.png

Pretty good match going in the CONCACAF Champions League tonight, Toronto FC is currently up 2-1 on LA Galaxy late in the 1st half. Setting up to be an exciting 2nd half.

I dunno, I feel like the Crew overachieved last season. Plus, losing Robbie Rogers won't do much good for the club. We'll just have to see how this season goes and if Marshall and Hesmer can lead the club to success.

Personally, I feel as if Philadelphia, DC United, and New York are the three best clubs in the East right now.

SKC is the class of the East right now. Of course, if you claim you know anything about MLS they will prove you wrong very quickly. Its all guessing games in preseason.

SKC is the class of the East right now. Of course, if you claim you know anything about MLS they will prove you wrong very quickly. Its all guessing games in preseason.

Damnit, why do I always forget Sporting's in the East? :P

6fQjS3M.png

Why isn't LA wearing their new kit?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

TFC about 10 minutes away from beating LA Galaxy in the first leg.

Donovan gets a late equalizer from a Beckham corner (after Beckham had a soda/beer can thrown at him) to make it 2-2 going to LA.

RE: the Beckham Can Toss, if that wasn't a swift exhibition of karma, then idk what would be.

Archived