Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

So, the USMNT U-23 team is now in danger of missing the Olympics, they lost 2-0 to Canada & basically have to win out to at least make it to the Finals of the tournament (which basically puts you in the Olympics).

Problem is, they're probably gonna end up facing Mexico or Honduras in the Semis if they can get through this group. Honduras is always tough, but Mexico is the absolute last team they want to face in order to just qualify for the Olympics.

Didn't watch, but from what I've read, Canada fully deserved the result as well.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the USMNT U-23 team is now in danger of missing the Olympics, they lost 2-0 to Canada & basically have to win out to at least make it to the Finals of the tournament (which basically puts you in the Olympics).

Problem is, they're probably gonna end up facing Mexico or Honduras in the Semis if they can get through this group. Honduras is always tough, but Mexico is the absolute last team they want to face in order to just qualify for the Olympics.

Didn't watch, but from what I've read, Canada fully deserved the result as well.

Odd that they beat Cuba 6-0 the other day and then turn around and get beat handily by Canada.

By the way, does anyone want to convince me to root for their favorite MLS team? I've been a casual fan the past few years, but have no rooting interests. I live in Alabama, and the closest team is Houston- just under 700 miles away.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

By the way, does anyone want to convince me to root for their favorite MLS team? I've been a casual fan the past few years, but have no rooting interests. I live in Alabama, and the closest team is Houston- just under 700 miles away.

I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to MLS (though I do have a local club to root for & actively support. ^_^), though I can understand that you have it a lot worse since, like you said, you live in the middle of a soccer desert. Personally, I chose the Whitecaps as my team to watch because 1) They play an entertaining brand of football & 2) Their logos & uniforms are cool. :PThis is a good blog to read, but ultimately, the team ends up choosing you.

Well I was a Mutiny fan back in the day. Now I root for the Rowdies in the NASL. I was in the same boat as you, I decided I wanted to adopt an MLS team this year and just chose the Impact since they are an expansion franchise I could follow from the start. I'm not French or Canadian but what the hey.

niagaraq.png

I'm still waiting for a team in my town, as well. ;)

Until then, I'm very partial to the Union. Love the Revolutionary War iconography (better than either the US MNT or that club in Boston ever dreamed of), and love the fact that the supporters essentially willed a club into existence. If I lived a few thousand miles west I'd choose the Sounders or Timbers for the same reason, but they have the added benefit of a long history behind them.

Still, just marking time until I can get my old Cosmos pennant out of storage. :)

Love the Revolutionary War iconography (better than either the US MNT or that club in Boston Foxborough ever dreamed of)...

Fixed your post.

Frankly, the argument can be made that the Pawtucket Red Sox and Providence Bruins have more market presence in Boston than New England's Major League Soccer franchise enjoys in the city.

That said, while the New England Revolution name is solid, we're in agreement on the fact that the team's logo has to go.

Cuba scored a stoppage time equalizer vs Canada and they tied 1-1. USA can win the group now with a win vs El Salvador.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Love the Revolutionary War iconography (better than either the US MNT or that club in Boston Foxborough ever dreamed of)...

Fixed your post.

Frankly, the argument can be made that the Pawtucket Red Sox and Providence Bruins have more market presence in Boston than New England's Major League Soccer franchise enjoys in the city.

That said, while the New England Revolution name is solid, we're in agreement on the fact that the team's logo has to go.

Point 1: True dat. I love New England sports, but when it comes to MLS teams, I'm more of a Portland Timbers sympathizer, when I care about the MLS at all.

Point 2: Yes, absolutely. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Second worst in the league after the Columbus' disaster of a crest (but then again, what can you do with a name like "Crew"? Not much. With the name "Revolution", there's so much there, there's really no excuse to have that crappy of a logo.)

spacer.png

Cuba scored a stoppage time equalizer vs Canada and they tied 1-1. USA can win the group now with a win vs El Salvador.

Unfortunately, El Salvador scored a stoppage time equalizer to draw the USA 3-3. So much for us in the Olympics.

LvZYtbZ.png

USA draws El Salvador 3-3, thanks to a stoppage time goal from El Salvador. El Salvador wins the group, Canada finishes 2nd & the USA are OUT of Olympic contention.

Wow.

USA draws El Salvador 3-3, thanks to a stoppage time goal from El Salvador. El Salvador wins the group, Canada finishes 2nd & the USA are OUT of Olympic contention.

Wow.

The US got hosed by some shoddy refereeing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wow.

The US got hosed by themselves. If you lose by 2 goals to Canada & surrender a goal in the 94th minute (via bad decision-making) to El Salvador and this all happens on home turf, then whatever fate that the team receives is deserved.

CONCACAF officiating has been shoddy for years, I'm pretty sure everybody is used to it by now.

Wow.

The US got hosed by themselves. If you lose by 2 goals to Canada & surrender a goal in the 94th minute (via bad decision-making) to El Salvador and this all happens on home turf, then whatever fate that the team receives is deserved.

CONCACAF officiating has been shoddy for years, I'm pretty sure everybody is used to it by now.

Well, yeah, Shea screwed up, leading to the tying goal, but when a US player gets punched in the face away from the ball and the ref doesn't call it, that tends to raise a red flag for me.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If USA takes care of business like they should have vs Canada things wouldnt have hinged so much on one game. They put themselves in this position. I just hope Bill Hamids injury isnt bad so hes back with DCU asap. Getting Perry Kitchen back will help too.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

What's frustrating to me, but also just the way of the game, is that the goal was scored in the 95th minute. In a sport that plays 90-minutes, they added 4, and but the game was decided in the 95th.

Because when someone scores at 94:15 for example. That's the 95th minute. You probably knew that.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

DCU quadruples their goal count so far this season beating up on Dallas. That was fun to watch, wouldve been better to be in attendance for.

Once again Toronto proves they don't know how to play in MLS.

One weak moment defending lead to a pretty easy Crew goal, and unlike in the CCL Toronto does apply the pressure going forward.

I just don't get it.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived