NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Nike will take over Reebok's spot of outfitting the NFL next year (in case you haven't heard... somehow).

And I beileve we may see what we saw when Reebok took over the NHL.

So here are my predictions of what we'll see from next year's uniforms in terms of change.

NO CHANGE/TWEAKS

(Changes, if any, are so small and few they aren't even given any attention)

- Bears

- Bills

- Broncos

- Colts

- Chiefs

- Giants

- Lions

- Packers

- Raiders

- Texans

MINOR CHANGES

(One or two small changes, ex. = recolor of facemasks, a design placed somewhere in the uniform, different stripes...)

- Browns

- Chargers

- 49ers

- Steelers

NOTICABLE CHANGES

(More than just a couple changes, ex. New number stlye, some different coloring, different stripes/piping, helmet changes).

- Bengals

- Buccaneers

- Cowboys

- Dolphins

- Eagles

- Jets

- Patriots

- Rams

- Saints

- Titans

MAJOR CHANGES

(.... you get the idea. It's something completely different from what you're seeing now, ex. = Cardinals in '05, Falcons in '03, Bills jerseys and pants in '02...)

- Cardinals

- Falcons

- Jaguars

- *Panthers

- Ravens

- Redskins

- *Seahawks

- Vikings

REBRANDINGS

(As far as a complete overhaul goes, there are only two teams I see doing it)

* Panthers Possibly new logo and colors?

* Seahawks Somethin' tells me Nike will have lotsa fun with this team...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Broncos will change. They're already switching to the orange jerseys as their main jerseys so they'll use that opportunity to make some changes. Count on it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Broncos will change. They're already switching to the orange jerseys as their main jerseys so they'll use that opportunity to make some changes. Count on it.

There's no way. The most they would do is possibly change the socks or add a pair of orange pants to go with the white jersey, but other than that, don't expect anything else to change.

The only possible changes I see coming in Dallas (uniform wise anyway...) will be a single color of metallic blue or a revert to the throwback full-time. Either I would welcome with open arms!

But who knows with Uncle Jerry, we may see a whole new look for the 'Boys in 2012.

There's no way. The most they would do is possibly change the socks or add a pair of orange pants to go with the white jersey, but other than that, don't expect anything else to change.

And what makes you so sure?

IUe6Hvh.png

The Redskins won't have a major change. They'll never ditch their current set because it's what the franchise had it's greatest success in. Snyder looked in to changing the uniforms at one point, and the fan reaction was entirely negative when word got out. They might alter the gold pants so the colors and striping are consistent with the rest of the set, but that's about it.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I'm gonna say there will be very little noticeable difference in about 30 or 31 teams. All of this pandalareum over huge changes and complete rebranding will be looked upon as silly message board talk.

iq5b7nF.png

The main differences I think are going to be all noticed by us and probably nobody else. The cut of the jersey is going to be the main thing, I imagine, which in turn will lead to slight adjustments in stripes, number size and placement, and possibly the fabric. Colors might appear darker/lighter because of that. I think the only team that will look virtually identical will be the Colts and maybe Jets. Otherwise the aforementioned microcosms will be picked apart by this community and other similar enthusiasts.

The primary changes we're going to see are all in the form of merchandise/advertising. The first time Nike will get to flex it's muscles is potentially w/ Jacksonville, since they appear to be first on the off-season docket that wants an overhaul. They also aren't an established team by any means and would gladly take any interest it can muster from a national standpoint, so why not insist Nike take the reins and maybe cause a stir with experimenting on a pro level?

From that (or whichever is the first team that nike gets to play with on rebranding) we'll get a big idea of what the future holds for teams whose looks don't qualify as 'untouchable.'

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

seattle will be the oregon ducks of the NFL, I'm sure of it.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Yea I don't see the Redskins changing that much. Three Super Bowl victories in their current uniform set, coupled with potential fan reaction has made the Redskins current uniforms near classic. In my concepts, I introduced black as a trim color and drastically altered their uniforms, but I kept the schemes the same. I don't see these changes happening.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I'm gonna say there will be very little noticeable difference in about 30 or 31 teams. All of this pandalareum over huge changes and complete rebranding will be looked upon as silly message board talk.

This.

Seattle would be the only team I would bet on having significant changes. I think Jacksonville and Carolina might go for a new look, and teams like the Vikings and Cards might switch out of their Reebok templates.

As CS85 said, the majority of the changes will be in adjusting to the new jersey cut. The Bears will likely have to move the TV numbers up to the shoulders, the Chiefs and Redskins might have some issues with the sleeves, the Broncos and Pats side panels might not work, etc.

This.

Seattle would be the only team I would bet on having significant changes. I think Jacksonville and Carolina might go for a new look, and teams like the Vikings and Cards might switch out of their Reebok templates.

As CS85 said, the majority of the changes will be in adjusting to the new jersey cut. The Bears will likely have to move the TV numbers up to the shoulders, the Chiefs and Redskins might have some issues with the sleeves, the Broncos and Pats side panels might not work, etc.

Didn't nike create the Broncos uniforms?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

And what makes you so sure?

Think about it logically.

They announced LAST October that they were going back to the orange jerseys. Why make that announcement if they're going to change anything else significantly?

A change to the socks or adding orange pants wouldn't be a huge deviation, so it wouldn't be all that big of a deal. However, a full on change to the uniforms and/or logo would. So again, why announce that they're going to orange jerseys full time if they're going to change them?

It just doesn't make sense.

So do any of you idiots who are saying "I'm sure", or "I know", or "they won't" actually know anything, or are you just having the message board equivalent of diarrhea? Unless you know something, you don't know anything, and the 30 threads about Nike are just wastes of time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This.

Didn't nike create the Broncos uniforms?

Yes, but that was to highlight their new design for 1997 with the "bat wing" side panels that came up to the collar. Now Nike has to fit that design into their current Pro Combat cut.

I thought I did read something about the Panthers and the Seahawks notifying the league they were going to make changes; not sure if both of those were ever confirmed. Outside of them, everyone else is just changing jersey cut or making minor adjustments to fit the new cut (like Montreal made minor adjustments to their sleeve stripes to fit an Edge template, etc.).

Archived