NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I'm gonna say there will be very little noticeable difference in about 30 or 31 teams. All of this pandalareum over huge changes and complete rebranding will be looked upon as silly message board talk.

This.

Seattle would be the only team I would bet on having significant changes. I think Jacksonville and Carolina might go for a new look, and teams like the Vikings and Cards might switch out of their Reebok templates.

As CS85 said, the majority of the changes will be in adjusting to the new jersey cut. The Bears will likely have to move the TV numbers up to the shoulders, the Chiefs and Redskins might have some issues with the sleeves, the Broncos and Pats side panels might not work, etc.

Didn't nike create the Broncos uniforms?

Yes, but that was to highlight their new design for 1997 with the "bat wing" side panels that came up to the collar. Now Nike has to fit that design into their current Pro Combat cut.

I thought I did read something about the Panthers and the Seahawks notifying the league they were going to make changes; not sure if both of those were ever confirmed. Outside of them, everyone else is just changing jersey cut or making minor adjustments to fit the new cut.

It's been confirmed on here that the Panthers have submitted their new changes, and IIRC Showtime stated that they're not too drastic (i.e. no black helmet.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Change

Cardinals

Falcons

Vikings

Nike is definitely going to do everything it can to rework the three worst uniforms in the league, especially since they were all done under Reebok's watch.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's been confirmed on here that the Panthers have submitted their new changes, and IIRC Showtime stated that they're not too drastic (i.e. no black helmet.)

Thanks - I couldn't remember if Carolina was confirmed or not; I'm pretty sure Seattle was confirmed a couple of months ago.

Thanks - I couldn't remember if Carolina was confirmed or not; I'm pretty sure Seattle was confirmed a couple of months ago.

From what I remember, the Seattle thing was from a tweet or something, more along the lines of "we're looking at things", and then people just ran with it. I'm not sure that there was anything concrete that could be taken as a "confirmation". Though I think that Seattle's current set may have been designed by the rbk team, and therefore could be one that Nike would at least be lobbying to change. Whether Seattle lets them or not remains to be seen. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They are getting a new primary logo, though. Confirmed by ColorWerx.

Again I could be mistaken, but wasn't it stated that even the new primary wasn't a total overhaul?

From what I remember, the Seattle thing was from a tweet or something, more along the lines of "we're looking at things", and then people just ran with it. I'm not sure that there was anything concrete that could be taken as a "confirmation". Though I think that Seattle's current set may have been designed by the rbk team, and therefore could be one that Nike would at least be lobbying to change. Whether Seattle lets them or not remains to be seen. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken.

Seattle were the first (just prior to the season IIRC) to actually have publicly confirmed meeting with Nike about next years uniforms. I can't see much changing, other then some tweaks to piping and maybe a darker shade of blue, or more neon green, and the like. I think they stick with the monochrome blue at home. Maybe a more attractive away (ie not all white) options for an away set. And I suspect guaranteed a 3rd/alternate jersey. That said, they would be one of the few teams that I could see not minding to be Nike guinea pigs too.

I could care less if any team had major overhauls or minor tweaks, I just can't wait to see what Nike's going to do. My biggest question is if the base layer is going to be prominent in the design. Lots of players wouldn't wear it, so I don't think Nike could include things like stripes or tv numbers like they did for Oregon in the national championship game last year.

Every time a thread here is started about Nike and the NFL it blows up overnight. People are going to look funny when every team shows off their new uniforms and only two or three have any changes besides cuts and materials. We all know by know that the Panthers will have an entirely new look, but has anything been confirmed besides that? There's a lot of talk about the Seahawks to the point where people make it seem like a certainty, but has ColorWerx, Showtime, or anyone else in the know confirmed that? And I remember reading that all the Broncos are doing is switching the color of the primary like Atlanta did a few years back. It said specifically that there would be no new design. In fact, I'd expect them to lose possible combinations next year. The white pants with the orange stripe will probably go away and they'll go with orange/white, white/white, and blue/blue.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

>>>>

Would like to see the Raiders go back to the silver numbers on the white jersey, but like the '94 throwback, not the 2009 version. The black outline was way too thick. I love their 1963 logo, but I doubt they'd ever change back to that.

I'd also like to see the Saints with the gold numbers on their white jerseys, or wear the throwbacks but make the pant-color match the helmet.

raider94.jpgno-sf.jpg

The Jaguars Equipment manager already confirmed Black alternate jerseys for next season aswell as Nike fixing the mismatch striping on the current jerseys and pants. The team was offically sold Jan 4th and the new owners son tweeted to fans about looking into changing the uniforms so Im thinking Jags will have only tweaks to the current set along with the black alternate for this coming year at least. The year after might have new uniforms coming from Nike.

I'm gonna say there will be very little noticeable difference in about 30 or 31 teams. All of this pandalareum over huge changes and complete rebranding will be looked upon as silly message board talk.

This.

Seattle would be the only team I would bet on having significant changes. I think Jacksonville and Carolina might go for a new look, and teams like the Vikings and Cards might switch out of their Reebok templates.

As CS85 said, the majority of the changes will be in adjusting to the new jersey cut. The Bears will likely have to move the TV numbers up to the shoulders, the Chiefs and Redskins might have some issues with the sleeves, the Broncos and Pats side panels might not work, etc.

Didn't nike create the Broncos uniforms?

Yes, but that was to highlight their new design for 1997 with the "bat wing" side panels that came up to the collar. Now Nike has to fit that design into their current Pro Combat cut.

I thought I did read something about the Panthers and the Seahawks notifying the league they were going to make changes; not sure if both of those were ever confirmed. Outside of them, everyone else is just changing jersey cut or making minor adjustments to fit the new cut (like Montreal made minor adjustments to their sleeve stripes to fit an Edge template, etc.).

Don't know what difference it makes but I think[that i read somewhere] Nike's NFL duds will be Speed Machine and not Pro Combat

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

I can see the vikings going back to the throwbacks full time, broncos orange jerseys, the browns I see the orange pants revival, the giants, the LT era unis as throwbacks, steelers block numerals on the jerseys are possible, the falcons no changes same at the cards,the rams the LA rams blue and gold throwbacks (possibly in 2013) redskins widen the stripes on the gold pants. pats get rid of the white striped socks. and the bills bring the blue pants.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

The only thing confirmed for the Broncos is that the orange jersey will now be the primary. They tried to get that done for this season, but missed the deadline. I wouldn't be surprised if the completely change their uniforms sometime soon, but I highly doubt it will be next year.

jNTsTyQ.png

No Change

Cardinals

Falcons

Vikings

Nike is definitely going to do everything it can to rework the three worst uniforms in the league, especially since they were all done under Reebok's watch.

Worst by your standards maybe, but by mine they are the three best modern looks in the NFL. But the worst, that would have to go to the Browns, Jaguars, and Cowboys in my opinion.

spacer.png

Archived