NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

425814_10151236184095721_57460905720_22789229_1484118825_n.jpg

More suggestion of a blue helmet for the Colts.

I'd be more concerned with the amount of BLACK than a blue helmet. Plus, I see the Seahawks denim blue is missing, hmmmmm.

Ummm, it's the navy that's missing

No, that's our dark blue.

Now the blue on the shoes of the Seahawks looks Royal Blue......I'm so damn confused now.....

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really find the amount of straw-grasping going on in here rather hilarious.

The Panthers logo was pretty obvious, we all saw that, but some of y'all are reading WAY too deep into this stuff and are using photoshopped images of gloves and cleats to try to ascertain changes to team colors, helmet colors, what have you. How about let's pump the brake pedal here for a quick second, put the genie back into whatever team-branded, swoosh-adorned bottle you had it in, put the lid back on it, and set it back up on the shelf.

(Or, y'all can continue to grasp at the straws, if not the entire bale, and give those of us who know better a little something more to laugh at.)

Alternative response:

e240217-1.gif

It's funny how this thing has blown up in such a short amount of time. Just because a team is going to have black cleats doesn't mean their whole color scheme is changing. Last year almost every team wore black cleats. And trying to decide what color any of these cleats are is not going to work. The images are photoshopped and Nike always uses crazy lighting in their unveilings. With that said, I'm happy to see all of these colored cleats. I hope all these teams wear them, I think they'll look really good.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It's funny how this thing has blown up in such a short amount of time. Just because a team is going to have black cleats doesn't mean their whole color scheme is changing. Last year almost every team wore black cleats. And trying to decide what color any of these cleats are is not going to work. The images are photoshopped and Nike always uses crazy lighting in their unveilings. With that said, I'm happy to see all of these colored cleats. I hope all these teams wear them, I think they'll look really good.

The problem is, unless the NFL relaxed it's rules, 90% of these cleats can't be worn in games. Remember, teams have to be predominantly white or predominantly black shoe teams. Earl Bennett was fined because he wore orange shoes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Teams are either black-shoe or white-. These wouldn't be allowed in games.

So why would Nike go through the process of designing team-color cleats for every team in the league, if they can't be worn in games?

Probably because they're in the merchandise business.

Teams are either black-shoe or white-. These wouldn't be allowed in games.

So why would Nike go through the process of designing team-color cleats for every team in the league, if they can't be worn in games?

Probably because they're in the merchandise business.

We have a winner.

They can sell as many pairs of cleats and gloves as the public will buy. Doesn't mean that they can be worn on the field.

Reebok was selling on-field and sideline merchandise, which only takes you so far. But Nike is prepared to brand any matter of lifestyle wear in team colors, so they'll be able to exploit the license in ways Reebok couldn't have dreamed.

And this, boys and girls, is why Nike was willing to overpay to get the NFL license. We wondered what Nike would be selling to make the contract worth twice what Reebok was used to paying, and now we know. Shoes, for starters.

Those Giants cleats are gorgeous.

And everybody...please stop overreacting. All we've learned, and all we will learn, from these gloves and cleats is that the Panthers have a new logo. The Colts and Vikes have always used black on their merchandise, black cleats mean nothing.

I just saw Greg Jennings wearing the Nike gloves in the Pro Bowl.

And he used his hands wrong when flashing the logo :D Jennings is also wearing the Nike green-and-gold cleats.

If Nike is able to get the NFL budge on any of their uniform rules, I'd bet the cleats would be where it is. The NFL's Main goal with their uniform rules are establishing a brand for each team and consistency within each team. Wearing colored cleats would not go against either of these goals. Yes, Earl Bennett was fined for wearing orange cleats this year, but that's because the rest of the team was wearing black. I'm not saying that the rules are getting changed, but that's one area that I could actually see the NFL willing to change.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think the Chiefs' cleats are interesting. That yellow looks very dark and the white looks very grey. Surely that's just a lighting issue...right? RIGHT? RIGHT?!?!

The gray in the Chiefs cleats looks (LOOKS) like it's the same color used on the Lions and Jets, and nothing at all like the white on the Chargers. What does it mean? No idea.

Archived