NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Ah, I like their uniforms. Classy, modern enough, with a striking color scheme.

You say "missed opportunity", I say "didn't want to fix what wasn't broken".

^What he said.

Seriously (disclaimer, of Panther fandom) I love the current duds. VERY rare for an expansion team to absolutely nail their look straight off the bat, especially in the nineties, but I think the Panthers really did. A colour scheme unique in the NFL, if not pro sports, which is not only relevant to the nickname and area but looks damn good, combined with a design which was restrained enough to look timeless and modern enough to not look dated.

their look is ok but considering they wear all white with a silver helmet 75% of the time it's bland and uninspiring to say the least...their dark looks are reminiscent of the lions and raiders so there's not much going on in terms of originality with the design...there's definitely potential if they emphasized the electric blue with the current design and made black and silver accent colors...this is one of the instances where the balance of colors ruins the uniform for me as typically it's the design that ruins a color scheme.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black pants would work well with the white jersey IMO as long as the stripe was silver and not blue. I'd like to see them drop the white pants all together since they clash with the silver helmet. Any pants they wear should be silver or darker.

Something like this, I could definitely get down with.

14t6mig.jpg

Choose a different color for those socks.

Here's black. Don't think blue would work with it.

jkaufn.png

the cowboys are simplifying their colors aren't they? green pants are gone?

They need to have one color of blue and be done with it.

Agreed. But I think it's far more likely that we'll see them pick one shade of silver and keep the two blues. And even that would be a huge improvement.

Nike's name alone will get them more sales than Reebok, but there's more to 'exploiting a license' than sales.

I don't think Nike would agree with you. Especially considering what they paid for the license.

Certainly a realistic possibility. I think, though, that the vast amount of money they poured into this contract actually supports my theory that exposure is more valuable to Nike than profits are in this venture, as I think it's very unlikely they are going to turn great profits from this deal. There's also the fact that their biggest competitors don't have the deal. There's potentially big value in that as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Black pants would work well with the white jersey IMO as long as the stripe was silver and not blue. I'd like to see them drop the white pants all together since they clash with the silver helmet. Any pants they wear should be silver or darker.

Something like this, I could definitely get down with.

14t6mig.jpg

Hmm, doesn't look as good as I thought it would. Now I'm thinking that the stripe should be blue, to tie in to the shoulders and also match the black jersey if they wanted to go black on black.

Agreed the shoulder stripe sticks out like a sore thumb. I'd make it black with the light blue outline like the numeral.

We all know how the nike jerseys mock ups back in 2010 were fake, and not real, but some how I get the feeling this isn't fake and this will be in fact the Browns home getup next year...

40590b6f.jpg

Well, I can tell you right now that's fake, because I made it, and whoever that guy was who compiled all those images took it from this board, if I recall correctly. Also, I don't think we'll be seeing stripes on the undersleeves, or at least I hope not. If they want to sell undershirts with sleeve stripes on them at Dick's, fine. I think that's a great idea, but few players wear sleeves on the field, and you'll have a bunch of players in blank solid colored jerseys out there if you do that. I love the look the striped undersleeves provide, but I don't see it working logistically. Also, as much as I'd like to see the Browns' striped socks return to their brown uniform, I don't have my hopes up.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

We all know how the nike jerseys mock ups back in 2010 were fake, and not real, but some how I get the feeling this isn't fake and this will be in fact the Browns home getup next year...

You also had a feeling that the Browns' helmet was going to change because of lighting issues on the gloves.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Stripes on compression sleeves only work if the players are required to wear them all the way down and that just won't happen.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'd stop with just silver pants. Perfect.

Have there been any articles or quotes from anyone associated with the team explaining why in the world they don't utilize the silver pants with the white jerseys???

I just don't get it. I find the white pants completely out of place and basically unnecessary. Why not have a black set? If it weren't for the fact that the NY Giants use TWO sets of grey pants for their uniform set, I would rank the Panthers at the top of my list of most annoying pant selections....thats if I ever put together such a list :)

I've been pushing the Packers to move their stripes to compression sleeves for three years. Nothing would make me happier than Nike finally accomplishing that.

Stripes on compression sleeves only work if the players are required to wear them all the way down and that just won't happen.

CRichardaon took the words right of my mouth (sorta). Once you see linemen and other player positions NOT wearing them, you'll change your opinion, Goth. Uniforms will look even less, well, uniform than they already do now. It's one of those that's great in theory but terrible in actuality.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

No, I've considered that possibility. Wouldn't bother me any more than seeing some baseball players wearing dark undershirts and some without. it would still be more uniform than what we've got now, with some players chopping the stripes out of existence.

Or the league could simply mandate the undershirts.

No, I've considered that possibility. Wouldn't bother me any more than seeing some baseball players wearing dark undershirts and some without. it would still be more uniform than what we've got now, with some players chopping the stripes out of existence.

Or better yet, make the jersey sleeve out of compression material so it doesn't look as sloppy. And I disagree that having (most) players with no stripes at all would be better than having lineman with truncated stripes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The NFL mandates the socks be worn a certain way. There's no reason they can't do the same thing for the sleeves.

And too many players still get around this rule, and enforcement isn't 100%. Even pants are now worn like biker shorts, ending above the knee.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

If the league is going to go so far as to mandate the wearing up undershirts, I don't see why they wouldn't just mandate that jersey sleeves be longer (and made out of compression material). That seems like the far simpler solution.

I will be stunned if either thing happens, though.

Or better yet, make the jersey sleeve out of compression material so it doesn't look as sloppy.

That's the best solution. I'm guessing Nike will come to that conclusion in 2014. It took them almost 3 years after any of us suggested it here to use compression sleeves as faux jersey sleeves.

The NFL mandates the socks be worn a certain way. There's no reason they can't do the same thing for the sleeves.

And too many players still get around this rule, and enforcement isn't 100%. Even pants are now worn like biker shorts, ending above the knee.

My thoughts exactly. Players skirt around uniform rules as it is. Different sock lengths, sometimes even different sock colors! I don't expect them to follow any mandate.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived