NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

If the league is going to go so far as to mandate the wearing up undershirts, I don't see why they wouldn't just mandate that jersey sleeves be longer (and made out of compression material). That seems like the far simpler solution.

I will be stunned if either thing happens, though.

jersey sleeves have been altered for decades so I doubt if any rules will ever be implemented mandating sleeve length and style.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet...

From the South Florida Sun-Sentinel:

The NFL will have a different tailor next season. It remains to be seen whether Miami Dolphins players or others around the league will look radically different in their new Nike threads.

There has been speculation, since Nike wrestled the role of uniform provider away from Reebok more than a year ago, that NFL teams will resemble something out of a bizarre video game. Or the other-world look of the Oregon Ducks.

Nike brand president Charlie Denson fueled that expectation soon after the five-year deal with the NFL was announced in late 2010, saying, "We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we've done with the college programs."

An NFL spokesman downplayed that notion last week and pointed out that teams and the league determine their logos and distinctive markings, not Nike.

Read the rest here.

BB52Big.jpg

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet...

From the South Florida Sun-Sentinel:

The NFL will have a different tailor next season. It remains to be seen whether Miami Dolphins players or others around the league will look radically different in their new Nike threads.

There has been speculation, since Nike wrestled the role of uniform provider away from Reebok more than a year ago, that NFL teams will resemble something out of a bizarre video game. Or the other-world look of the Oregon Ducks.

Nike brand president Charlie Denson fueled that expectation soon after the five-year deal with the NFL was announced in late 2010, saying, "We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we've done with the college programs."

An NFL spokesman downplayed that notion last week and pointed out that teams and the league determine their logos and distinctive markings, not Nike.

Read the rest here.

Common sense and hard evidence like this isn't tolerated 'round these parts.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

The NFL mandates the socks be worn a certain way. There's no reason they can't do the same thing for the sleeves.

I think the players have already shown that they have no problem shelling out 5K to do whatever they want with their socks, so I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to eschew the sleeves for a nominal fine, either. They would certainly get tired of the sleeves, but since it's a new rule, they would probably just file a grievance with the PA, and there would be a settlement, and the NFL would back off the requirement to wear sleeves.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This looks pretty good to me:

6501025915_0be77c10f5_z.jpg

This is a perfect example of how a jersey can still have a classic look while using modern uniform elements. I love these unis.

Though I would prefer these with the sleeves the same color as the jersey, it is a great uniform. It looks phenomenal when all the players are wearing the sleeves and the socks the same way, but in the NFL, you're going to have three-fourths of the players in bare arms, a handful with all color socks, most with half-white socks, and maybe even a few with all-white socks. It sucks, but that's the reality. Increase the fines and connect compression sleeves to the jersey if you want uniformity.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Why is the NFL's sock rule the way it is, anyway?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This is a perfect example of how a jersey can still have a classic look while using modern uniform elements. I love these unis.

Though I would prefer these with the sleeves the same color as the jersey, it is a great uniform. It looks phenomenal when all the players are wearing the sleeves and the socks the same way, but in the NFL, you're going to have three-fourths of the players in bare arms, a handful with all color socks, most with half-white socks, and maybe even a few with all-white socks. It sucks, but that's the reality. Increase the fines and connect compression sleeves to the jersey if you want uniformity.

I totally agree. It is inevitably the issue that the league will be forced to deal with now that uniform design is advancing at such a rapid pace. Just imagine where football jersey designs and cuts will be in 10 years.

The epitome of Nike Pro Combat design right there. I don't know how they'll top that.

spacer.png

Is there a chance that the Patriots change there uniforms after these two super bowl losses?

As much as I would like them to, the Patriots will hold onto these uniforms for a few more years. The dynasty was in them, even if the "recent unpleasantness" was also in them.

spacer.png

Is there a chance that the Patriots change there uniforms after these two super bowl losses?

Who knows. Had the Patriots won, they may have "Lerner'ed" that Myra Kraft patch.

Highly doubtful. The founder of the team was Billy Sullivan, not Robert Kraft. Sullivan isn't looked upon with scorn like Lerner is by the Browns fans, and the team doesn't honor him on its uniforms.

Sullivan is honored in the team's Hall of Fame, and I don't see the team doing much beyond that for Myra Kraft, aside from possibly naming a new charity after her.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The epitome of Nike Pro Combat design right there. I don't know how they'll top that.

damn, I want those numbers for the Packers.

Those stripes on the half-sleeves will never not feel forced to me. I just can't get my head around it. I hate that it could become a mandatory part of the uniform when it doesn't need to be.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived