NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks pretty good to me:

6501025915_0be77c10f5_z.jpg

This is a perfect example of how a jersey can still have a classic look while using modern uniform elements. I love these unis.

The epitome of Nike Pro Combat design right there. I don't know how they'll top that.

damn, I want those numbers for the Packers.

Would have happened if the NFL had let Reebok do fun things. One of the pitches (before Pro Combat) had a one-off uniform with stencil numerals for the Pack.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I've been pushing the Packers to move their stripes to compression sleeves for three years. Nothing would make me happier than Nike finally accomplishing that.

How will the league sell this to fans? You'd have to buy the Jersey and compression jersey as a set. No I don't like it at all. I'd rather see them just bring back sleeves.

Well it might not be most the most popular selling option, you could sell the compression shirt and jersey set for same cost as a regular replica (at first). Then slowly up the price as they always do.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You have a source for that? I'd love to read more, especially since I've been pitching stencil Packer numbers for years.

I mean, I've looked at the presentation decks at work.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Damn it!

Sneak a photo? :P

There's really not much to it. Stencil numbers on the normal jersey? There may have been a large 'PACKERS' wordmark above the numerals on one part of the pitch. Collegiate style.

Damn it!

Sneak a photo? :P

There's really not much to it. Stencil numbers on the normal jersey? There may have been a large 'PACKERS' wordmark above the numerals on one part of the pitch. Collegiate style.

Not thrilled about a name on the front, but I do love me some stencil numbers.

Thanks - sorry I missed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is PFT article reporting on a CNBC interview with Nike CEO Mark Parker (aka the second horseman of the uni-pocalypse for those of you who hate Nike and/or are practitioners of Lukasism).

PFT - Nike plans to "have some fun" but "respect traditions" with NFL gear

It confirms the Seahawks overhaul and new Steelers alts, but also mentions new Rams alts.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

It confirms the Seahawks overhaul and new Steelers alts, but also mentions new Rams alts.

That's excellent news. Good riddance to the worst throwbacks in league history. "HAY GUYS, LETZ THROW BACK 2 WHEN WE SUCKED AND WORE EVEN UGLER GEAR!"

6uXNWAo.png

That's excellent news. Good riddance to the worst throwbacks in league history. "HAY GUYS, LETZ THROW BACK 2 WHEN WE SUCKED AND WORE EVEN UGLER GEAR!"

You may be disappointed - the new alts are rumored to be based on this:

steelers-1994-throwback.jpg

Well not to rain on your parade but the Rams went to 2 Super Bowls and won one sporting the royal and ath yellow. Yes they have had some good seasons and a Super Bowl birth but lately they have had some dismal seasons and just plain been the suck ass of late with their generic millennium navy and new century gold.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Quite the change from "we're going to leave our mark on every team!"

I'm guessing Phil and co. got a nice talking to from the NFL Powers That Be.

Sadly, I think they will leave their mark on every team. They might not come out with Pro Combat-esque unis for every team, but I imagine they will convert every team to one of their terrible templates, which will lead to them telling teams "we can't fit sleeve numbers, sleeve stripes, cuffs or shoulder stripes on our technologically advanced templates." This might not happen in the next couple of years (although supposedly every team will be wearing one of their templates this year), but who knows where jerseys will be when the Nike contract ends. Just looking back to 2001 before Reebok took over for all teams, jerseys had shrunken considerably since 1995, but were still huge compared to what Reebok made this past season. Football players might be wearing tanktops ten years from now.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well not to rain on your parade but the Rams went to 2 Super Bowls and won one sporting the royal and ath yellow. Yes they have had some good seasons and a Super Bowl birth but lately they have had some dismal seasons and just plain been the suck ass of late with their generic millennium navy and new century gold.

Cujo was talking about the Steelers, not the Rams. That's why he put "new Steelers alts" in bold.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Quite the change from "we're going to leave our mark on every team!"

I'm guessing Phil and co. got a nice talking to from the NFL Powers That Be.

Sadly, I think they will leave their mark on every team. They might not come out with Pro Combat-esque unis for every team, but I imagine they will convert every team to one of their terrible templates, which will lead to them telling teams "we can't fit sleeve numbers, sleeve stripes, cuffs or shoulder stripes on our technologically advanced templates." This might not happen in the next couple of years (although supposedly every team will be wearing one of their templates this year), but who knows where jerseys will be when the Nike contract ends. Just looking back to 2001 before Reebok took over for all teams, jerseys had shrunken considerably since 1995, but were still huge compared to what Reebok made this past season. Football players might be wearing tanktops ten years from now.

even if nike forces the pro combat or speed machine jersey template on every single team there should not be an issue...nike has clearly demonstrated that they can do northwestern stripes with the tosu white fauxback and ucla stripes that actually wrap below the shoulder...those two styles basically cover the requirements of 80% of the traditional nfl jerseys...where I see the major obstacles would be with the awful modern designs that reebok did with the bengals, falcons, cardinals, and vikings...I'll be happy to see those disasters gone.

also keep in mind that most teams with the last few years with reebok were an absolute mess...you had some teams using 5 different jersey cuts and massive amounts of custom tailoring that completely distorted some designs that resulted in wild variations between players...then add in the tech fit jerseys to round things out.

my prediction is that nike will bring a much needed consistency and improved looks for many teams that had degraded over the last few years.

Archived