NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Especially when a team like Arizona moved into University of Phoenix Stadium, they had a modern stadium and their look needed a modern feel.

That would be sound logic, if the Cardinals weren't the oldest NFL team. As the oldest NFL team it only makes sense for them to have a classic look.

Yeah, but then again, they really don't have to look like the oldest franchise in the league. I mean, if that, why not just go back to that dated cardinal head logo?

The new cardinal head is modern done right. The uniforms are modern done wrong. Some of the more vocal members of the modern crowd, Lights Out and Morgo spring to mind, have said that newer teams should be free to try newer looks, that newer teams shouldn't try to pretend their older, more traditional teams. By that same logic the oldest team in the NFL should have a fairly traditional uniform design.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Especially when a team like Arizona moved into University of Phoenix Stadium, they had a modern stadium and their look needed a modern feel.

That would be sound logic, if the Cardinals weren't the oldest NFL team. As the oldest NFL team it only makes sense for them to have a classic look.

Yeah, but then again, they really don't have to look like the oldest franchise in the league. I mean, if that, why not just go back to that dated cardinal head logo?

The current helmet with the Jake Plummer era uniforms would be close to perfection, IMO (In My Opinion).

That would make sense if they were in still in Chicago.

spacer.png

Not true. Look at the Rams. They are also on their 3rd city, but most want them to go back to their old LA look.

It's still the same team though (and identity). If they had changed identities during their relocations, I'd agree with you. But throughout their history they've kept the same basic style up until their latest change.

jNTsTyQ.png

Why are so many people assuming that the ProCombat cut is going to be the standard? Wouldn't it make sense that Nike breaks out a brand new cut? And I also see no reason to assume that every team will use the same cut.

Not true. Look at the Rams. They are also on their 3rd city, but most want them to go back to their old LA look.

I would not mind the old look for the Rams just as long as they match the blue colors. That is why I hate the Vikings old look because the helmet was a different color than the rest of the uniform. Just like the Cowboys and Saints currently.

spacer.png

The Broncos are deffiently making some changes. Not sure why they are on the no changes list...

Because they are only swapping their primary and alternate jersey - switching to the orange as primary and the navy as the alternate. That is all they applied to do with the NFL, so that is all they are doing. They wanted to do that change for 2011, but filed their application too late so it was put off to 2012.

My rule when texting is that when someone uses acronyms then I quit talking to them. I am sorry if I offended you, but I find it lazy when someone does not type out what they are saying. That is nothing against you, but how I just personally feel. But the reason I like modern uniform designs is because growing up as a Cleveland Browns fan from 1979-1995 I just got tired of their same old look season after season and when they left Cleveland I just changed. I do like classic uniform designs but I believe certain teams should change up their look after several years. Especially when a team like Arizona moved into University of Phoenix Stadium, they had a modern stadium and their look needed a modern feel.

To each their own, but anyways. Didn't the new Browns go with a modern look in 1999? I thought they switched to the modern look with the TV numbers moved to the shoulders and a more modern stripe look. I could've sworn the old Browns TV numbers and stripes resembled the Chiefs prior to their move to Baltimore. Maybe I'm wrong.

Old Browns

pc731.jpglarry-johnson-vs-oakland-thumb-600x419-12977.jpg

New Browns

1500601.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939057D9939C83F1068C0246723D4B36465A5397277B4DC33E

In that shot of Vinnie Testeverde he just has his sleeve cut short - cutting off the bottom orange and brown stripes. A lot of players in that era, to shorten the sleeves, even cut them to the point where they only had the top two stripes done as a narrow cuff at the end of the jersey (brown/orange on the white jersey, white/thin brown space/orange on the brown jersey).

When they came back in 1999, the uniform supplier (Puma) moved the TV numbers to the shoulders and moved the stripes up on the now almost non-existant sleeves.

My thing with the Cardinals is, I don't hate them at all.

Personally, I think they're fine. At least the colors match. And why not have black as an accent? I mean, real cardinals do have black on them.

My thing is, if you're gonna go back to the Jake the Snake era unis, the very least you could do is color in that damn facemask.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

My rule when texting is that when someone uses acronyms then I quit talking to them. I am sorry if I offended you, but I find it lazy when someone does not type out what they are saying. That is nothing against you, but how I just personally feel. But the reason I like modern uniform designs is because growing up as a Cleveland Browns fan from 1979-1995 I just got tired of their same old look season after season and when they left Cleveland I just changed. I do like classic uniform designs but I believe certain teams should change up their look after several years. Especially when a team like Arizona moved into University of Phoenix Stadium, they had a modern stadium and their look needed a modern feel.

To each their own, but anyways. Didn't the new Browns go with a modern look in 1999? I thought they switched to the modern look with the TV numbers moved to the shoulders and a more modern stripe look. I could've sworn the old Browns TV numbers and stripes resembled the Chiefs prior to their move to Baltimore. Maybe I'm wrong.

Old Browns

pc731.jpglarry-johnson-vs-oakland-thumb-600x419-12977.jpg

New Browns

1500601.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939057D9939C83F1068C0246723D4B36465A5397277B4DC33E

In that shot of Vinnie Testeverde he just has his sleeve cut short - cutting off the bottom orange and brown stripes. A lot of players in that era, to shorten the sleeves, even cut them to the point where they only had the top two stripes done as a narrow cuff at the end of the jersey (brown/orange on the white jersey, white/thin brown space/orange on the brown jersey).

When they came back in 1999, the uniform supplier (Puma) moved the TV numbers to the shoulders and moved the stripes up on the now almost non-existant sleeves.

While a lot of players had the option of cutting their sleeves, I found a photo of Eric Metcalf that clearly shows the stripes are part of the spandex, which is what the Cheifs also did. Puma made a pretty drastic (modern) adjustment to the stripes in 1999. If you don't think it's a big change, just ask any Chiefs fan how they would feel if KC moved their stripes up to the mid-sleeve.

eric-metcalf-cleveland-browns-autographed-photograph-3367475.jpg

Crap, is this considered "Cleveland jacked" or whatever it's called? I was just referring the Browns attempt to modernize their jersey in 1999 though it still looks pretty dull to me. Sorry.

The term you're looking for is "Clevejacked". And no, you did not do that by posting those pictures, so you're good. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

While a lot of players had the option of cutting their sleeves, I found a photo of Eric Metcalf that clearly shows the stripes are part of the spandex, which is what the Cheifs also did. Puma made a pretty drastic (modern) adjustment to the stripes in 1999. If you don't think it's a big change, just ask any Chiefs fan how they would feel if KC moved their stripes up to the mid-sleeve.

eric-metcalf-cleveland-browns-autographed-photograph-3367475.jpg

Crap, is this considered "Cleveland jacked" or whatever it's called? I was just referring the Browns attempt to modernize their jersey in 1999 though it still looks pretty dull to me. Sorry.

>>>>>

What Eric Metcalf is wearing in that photo was worn in 1994 for NFL-75 but it doesn't appear to be their throwback. Here's their white throwback worn in 1994, yet they cheated like other teams such as the Bills & Jets, otherwise the face-mask would have been gray.

That's the Cardinals they're playing with those khaki colored pants from their Chicago Cardinals days ..

clev-vinny.jpg

I still think the falcons look really good for a uniform with lots of piping. Idk why a lot of people don't like them and I'm sure they could fit in nikes template with maybe MINOR minor tweaks.

Also I know with the NFL uniform rules Nike won't be able to just go crazy ( which I honestly wouldn't expect them to), BUT I will not be surprised at all however, If Nike introduces more pants to teams, maybe white cowboys, orange broncos, black steelers maybe, idk that's just what I'm expecting

>>>>

I think the Falcons at the very least should go back to the red helmets ...

Their logo would stand out so much better, just like on those awesome looking '66 throwbacks of theirs.

09000d5d8240ea97_gallery_600.jpg

I say they should use the new logo on a red helmet but keep the jersey and pant design as it, or better yet, bring back the silver pants from the Deion Sanders era.

spacer.png

Don't know what difference it makes but I think[that i read somewhere] Nike's NFL duds will be Speed Machine and not Pro Combat

Oh, the irony.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived