The 2012 NCAA Lacrosse Uniform Thread

RyanMcD29

Princeton... has the same uniforms. Could've been way worse I guess. Helmets look nice at least, Hofstra looks nice too.

_JOB9706ABS.jpg

It also took me this long to realize the template all the Warrior schools are wearing are last/this year's Princeton jerseys

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just like to drop by and say that I wish football helmets were as creative as Lacrosse helmets.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I would just like to drop by and say that I wish football helmets were as creative as Lacrosse helmets.

Actually some are. Look at Notre Dame and Maryland. Some of the "creativity " is also accomplished by the shell design. That's probably why Head Wrapz hasn't done warrior helmets yet.

Interesting things with the Faceoff Classic

-UNC's carolina blue jerseys don't have a "Carolina" wordmark but instead the UNC logo on the front. Same Nike template so nothing else a surprise

-Princeton in black vs. UNC in carolina blue looks really good on TV, even with the mediocre uniforms involved

-As usual with Inside Lacrosse events, lots of neon green gear to help support the Headstrong Foundation, which is always a cool touch

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

UVA's Hypercool jersey looked great. The shorts... not so much. Should've either worn white buckets or gone with orange pants.

UNC's had an alright look going, still not a fan of their Headwrapz helmet, but eh.

Princeton's jerseys are terrible. The sleeves are too long on that warrior template, and the dazzle fabric looked cheap. Also, the Ivy patch is too rectangular ha.

I would assume some sort of St Patricks Day thing

To be honest, the Hofstra St. Patty's day uniform has been the most tasteful SPD themed uniform design i've seen so far. With the exception of the better looking color tweak on the logo and trim...

In today's "Princeton and Syracuse try to one-up each other in terrible uniform choices" battle...

-Syracuse goes with their regular white jerseys, throwback shorts, and throwback helmet. There's no orange except for the numbers and there's no blue on the jersey even though there's blue everywhere else

-Princeton goes with their usual black jersey and shorts, but wear a special half black/half orange helmet that took me 3 quarters to realize it's their tiger outline logo blown up to wrap around the entire helmet

The irony is of course not lost in which both teams have a lot of orange in their sets, but had very little orange on display outside the numbers/the bottom of Princeton's helmets. On the other hand, that's a little bit of a good thing after the debacle that was the 2010 Big City Classic in terms of uniforms

At the very least, the game was a thriller and was much better quality than the uniforms ^_^

EDIT a day later: Visual evidence of this mismatch-fest

10811196-standard.jpg

oEQ0ySg.png

Archived