The 2012 NCAA Lacrosse Uniform Thread

RyanMcD29

Well, we're only a month away from college lacrosse season. And what that means is we're very close to seeing new uniforms come out. Combine those two facts and....

Let's review 2011....

-Princeton's SUBLIMATED TIGER STRIPES!1! started things off

-Jacksonville went all striped polo

-OK, Denver had some pretty awesome helmets

-And Syracuse had cool throwbacks, too

But then came the NCAA Tournament and then....

-JOHNS HOPKINS HAD BIRD WINGS ON THEIR HELMET AND NO CARTOON BLUE JAY

-NIKE GOES ALL TEMPLATE AND GIVES CORNELL, DUKE, AND HOPKINS THE SAME JERSEY

and then the mother of all terrible uniforms

-NIKE GOES ALL VOLT ON SYRACUSE

So here we are in 2012. Not much revealed just yet. Some notes to pass along

-Hofstra's switched from UA to Warrior. This could be a trainwreck...

-Notre Dame is now with Maverick for equipment. They've got some pretty sharp gloves this season

MavNDRome5.jpg

-Speaking of gloves, remember Maryland's wacky football helmets? Well...

IMG_5507.jpg

This may or may not be a preview of what's to come. As a glove it looks sharp. But if there's some wacky jersey coming out of this... yikes

-Cascade's been pushing their color chrome facemasks quite a bit over the offseason, so it wouldn't be surprised to see Syracuse and Cornell bring them back for their helmets

-Michigan is now in D-1 lacrosse, which means you can expect to see the winged helmet design to come with them

To follow along, Inside Lacrosse's Gear Zone blog is a great resource to see what's coming out. I would expect the first wave of uniforms to be leaked through them within the next week or two, especially with media days right around the corner too

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Inside Lacrosse has a headline saying they're showing off Denver's new uniforms... except the link doesn't work <_<

Anyway, Denver's gone to Warrior (which shouldn't really be a surprise considering Warrior's founder played for Bill Tierney I guess). Which means who knows what the hell they did with these. At the very least, the helmets look sharp, but uh oh the top stripe has me worried about the jerseys. Once IL gets their act together I'll post the rest of the uniform.

White_Helmet_0754.jpg

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Oh my...

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90265&SPID=10874&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205369915&DB_OEM_ID=18600

FFGNBEVDAFOBPZP.20120128043047.JPG

The away jerseys are perfectly fine.

The home/alt/whatever they're calling the gold jerseys?

UFVXAMSRPJTDLLP.20120128042853.JPG

RAEAIUEYMOVJCWS.20120128042920.JPG

From the same company that gave you SUBLIMATED TIGER STRIPES comes SUBLIMATED MOUNTAINS!!

Nothing yet on the impending doom that will be Hofstra's new uniforms from Warrior

oEQ0ySg.png

412 Lax tweeted DU's promo vid earlier today, some good shots of the uniform in there.

Impressions: Not awful, especially for Warrior. Away's look really nice, material wise. All the Warrior jerseys I've seen/used have felt awful material-wise, and it looks like these don't share that. The home jerseys aren't awful, the sublimation ties in nicely with their helmets and gloves.

Other teams:

Nikeblog has most of the STX/Nike "big school's" gloves up, Vapor elites looking real good especially for 'Cuse, Cornell, and OSU.

I hope Duke wears their 'all blacks' more this year, they looked so great last year! How long til they switch from Brine/Warrior to Nike like the rest of the school?! Hopefully soon, their Triumphs looked extra meh to me.

Can't remember if it was LAS or LaxPlayground that mentioned something about a team coming out with a crazy uniform this spring, can't wait for that. My money is on UMD... first year of UA running an equipment line. I bet they do something a la their football program... hopefully if they do, they get the flag correct this time around.

Think we'll see a special uniform for the Mich/OSU game!?! Potential for something huge...

Also, here's hoping 'Cuse rocks their throwbacks more than once this year, they looked AMAZING in the UVA game last year.

some more musings before I forget...

Carolina's gloves feature a TON of navy. With Hop' cornering the market on "Carolina" blue, and UNC using navy more and more lately, I see UNC using their darker jerseys as more of a primary this year, breaking out the Carolina blues in a couple ACC games.

How many teams will use a disgusting amount of "Headwrapz"... ? Hopefully less than I am expecting...

I hope my Terps doesn't go too overboard with the new design. Also, is the Hopkins winged helmet the new primary helmet or was it an one off?

I believe it will be there primary blue helmet, but they also have a black one which i think will stay the same, I for one liked the winged helmet with the uniforms

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

No no no, the winged helmet was their tourney helmet. Every year they get a special helmet for the dance. Year before it was the retro blue jay, year before it was all black with 'Jays,' year before it was the darker blue with accents and the split H.

Their helmet should and will be either the "split H" logo or the Jay logo. I love the winged helmet, but you're just wrong.

Oh my...

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90265&SPID=10874&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205369915&DB_OEM_ID=18600

FFGNBEVDAFOBPZP.20120128043047.JPG

The away jerseys are perfectly fine.

The home/alt/whatever they're calling the gold jerseys?

UFVXAMSRPJTDLLP.20120128042853.JPG

RAEAIUEYMOVJCWS.20120128042920.JPG

From the same company that gave you SUBLIMATED TIGER STRIPES comes SUBLIMATED MOUNTAINS!!

Nothing yet on the impending doom that will be Hofstra's new uniforms from Warrior

The mountain effect looks terrrible. It looks like someone spilled coffee on it more than anything.

spacer.png

412 Lax tweeted DU's promo vid earlier today, some good shots of the uniform in there.

Impressions: Not awful, especially for Warrior. Away's look really nice, material wise. All the Warrior jerseys I've seen/used have felt awful material-wise, and it looks like these don't share that. The home jerseys aren't awful, the sublimation ties in nicely with their helmets and gloves.

Other teams:

Nikeblog has most of the STX/Nike "big school's" gloves up, Vapor elites looking real good especially for 'Cuse, Cornell, and OSU.

I hope Duke wears their 'all blacks' more this year, they looked so great last year! How long til they switch from Brine/Warrior to Nike like the rest of the school?! Hopefully soon, their Triumphs looked extra meh to me.

Can't remember if it was LAS or LaxPlayground that mentioned something about a team coming out with a crazy uniform this spring, can't wait for that. My money is on UMD... first year of UA running an equipment line. I bet they do something a la their football program... hopefully if they do, they get the flag correct this time around.

Think we'll see a special uniform for the Mich/OSU game!?! Potential for something huge...

Also, here's hoping 'Cuse rocks their throwbacks more than once this year, they looked AMAZING in the UVA game last year.

Duke's uniforms are now with Nike, but I think they've still got Brine equipment and Warrior helmets IIRC

Yeah, I'd put my eggs in the Maryland basket for crazy uniforms. This is college lacrosse, though, so there could be multiple crazy uniforms throughout the NCAA for all we know :P

And yes, the more Cuse wearing their throwbacks, the merrier. I think the Princeton game might be a good bet for seeing those at home, but I hope they break out an away version sometime during the season too

oEQ0ySg.png

Other teams:

Duke's uniforms are now with Nike, but I think they've still got Brine equipment and Warrior helmets IIRC

Yeah, I'd put my eggs in the Maryland basket for crazy uniforms. This is college lacrosse, though, so there could be multiple crazy uniforms throughout the NCAA for all we know :P

And yes, the more Cuse wearing their throwbacks, the merrier. I think the Princeton game might be a good bet for seeing those at home, but I hope they break out an away version sometime during the season too

Ha I forget this is a logo site and not a lax site, my bad. When I said "Triumphs," I assumed it would be known I was talking about equipment. Duke has been with Nike for apparel for I believe 3 years now? Don't remember when they changed from the awful Brine threads but I think it was around 3 years ago. I would much rather see the Dukies decked out in Nike gear than the garish Brine stuff with the King logo plastered on everything.

Anyone else watch the Denver/U.S.M.N.T. scrimmage on the U the other day? Weird that the N.T. is still in Brine buckets and not T2's...? I thought production stopped except for a youth helmet? They're ugly.

Oh, I know Triumph meant Brine, I was just trying to clarify things a little bit but I get what your saying

Also, looks like Virginia's staying the same and Cornell's sticking with their NCAA Quarterfinal jerseys, which aren't bad (much better "Cornell" font on the jerseys than the set they've worn for years) but feels too template-like. Quint Kessenich is sticking with his full-suit swag look, as well :P

013112_QKPannellStanwick.jpg

oEQ0ySg.png

No no no, the winged helmet was their tourney helmet. Every year they get a special helmet for the dance. Year before it was the retro blue jay, year before it was all black with 'Jays,' year before it was the darker blue with accents and the split H.

Their helmet should and will be either the "split H" logo or the Jay logo. I love the winged helmet, but you're just wrong.

I cant find the link, but on an article talking about Hopkins Lacrosse, the Seniors were pushing for those helmets to be used

#RaiderUp

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

• 2 weeks later...

Zimagear has a picture of a Maryland-flag helmet on their front page. Is this official?

slider_img.jpg

Also lists Hopkins, Towson, Delaware, Vermont, Hartford, and Albany as teams that they work with.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was, but it could be for a summer team to or something. Like all-Maryland

#RaiderUp

Looks like the Nike template will be sticking around for quite a few teams. Looks good on most of them, just lacking originality I guess. Personally, even if they would look the same, I'd rather have Cuse in an orange version of them rather than going out in the plain jerseys they've had since 2009 (though if they go throwbacks full time I'd be in heaven)

Duke and Ru.... wait, Rutgers is with Warrior now? Well, actually they did a pretty good job on them. As long as they don't have a super crazy black alternate we don't know about yet. But if they can pull off this look with Princeton that would be much better than their track record.

2012_Duke_Rutgers_03.jpg

2012_Duke_Rutgers_10.jpg

2012_Duke_Rutgers_15.jpg

UNC going with much the same. Same template as Duke, Cornell, and presumably Hopkins. Penn State kinda has Virginia's jersey style going on

uncpsuABS-CC.jpg

4uncpsu600px-CC.jpg?1329047819

EDIT: Oh, Navy's got the same Nike template as well

1NavyVMI600px-LF.jpg?1329015747

oEQ0ySg.png

Archived