The 2012 NCAA Lacrosse Uniform Thread

RyanMcD29

It bugs me that 'Cuse and UNC wear special edition gear with regular jerseys. UNC has worn the blackout gear in consecutive weeks now. It looks dumb with anything other than their all blacks. 'Cuse's throwback is the best look in all of lacrosse, but it looks so dumb when they wear the retro lids and gear with their regular white/orange jerseys. Wah.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In today's "Princeton and Syracuse try to one-up each other in terrible uniform choices" battle...

-Syracuse goes with their regular white jerseys, throwback shorts, and throwback helmet. There's no orange except for the numbers and there's no blue on the jersey even though there's blue everywhere else

-Princeton goes with their usual black jersey and shorts, but wear a special half black/half orange helmet that took me 3 quarters to realize it's their tiger outline logo blown up to wrap around the entire helmet

The irony is of course not lost in which both teams have a lot of orange in their sets, but had very little orange on display outside the numbers/the bottom of Princeton's helmets. On the other hand, that's a little bit of a good thing after the debacle that was the 2010 Big City Classic in terms of uniforms

At the very least, the game was a thriller and was much better quality than the uniforms ^_^

EDIT a day later: Visual evidence of this mismatch-fest

10811196-standard.jpg

It doesn't look to bad

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Syracuse broke out ANOTHER alternate jersey tonight at Cornell. An all navy look with orange color chrome facemasks. I do have to say this was the sharpest the Orange have looked in the past few years, even though it wasn't a traditional one for them. Here's a look at the helmets they had. Very pleasant surprise I'd say

IMG_1673.JPG

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Oh boy.....

For the third time this year, STX and Nike are working with a partner school to make a major statement in a big game ? this time, it'll be the Johns Hopkins Blue Jays that get full treatment when they take the field against Maryland in one of the game's oldest rivalries.

JHU_Heritage.jpg

Has Hopkins ever worn gold like that or are they just doing this for the sake of having them wear gold for a historic rivalry game (against Maryland)?

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

it may not be gold..but the natural tan color of leather. they are probably going to make all the equipment (as much as they can with gloves n arm pads) look like they are made of non dyed leather. and the coordinating uniforms will also probably reflect that. again this is just a thought...i doubt jhu just uses gold for the sake of it.

see: NHL winter classic game and the goalie pads

NHL+Winter+Classic+nRG0Hy-0RHfl.jpg

Miami.png

I really liked the vintage look on the pads for hopkins, the helmet although a little crazy looked good and the back with the string decals was a nice touch....but what is up with the UA "Highlighter" shoes those are weird

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

For the most part, I LOVE the Hopkins throwbacks! Here's what they were going for:

LacrosseBook-MD-JHU.jpgLacrosseBook-MD-JHU_21.jpg

And here are some game shots:

HopMD12_Hopbench.jpgHopMD12_.jpg

HopMD12__04.jpg

I think it's cool how they tried to match the old-time elements, such as using the decals to approximate the design of the old helmets, and the leather color for the gloves and arm-pads. The helmet decals didn't quite leave enough black on the visor, and the blue didn't match that of the jerseys, but I give them an "A" for effort. My only other complaint is that Nike put the rear numbers way to high on the jersey (which seems to be their design choice for all their basketball jerseys, too); IMHO the originals look so much better placed down a little farther.

As for the Maryland duds, I have to admit that I thought they looked pretty cool, too -- certainly better than the football set last fall. Obviously, subtlety is not the idea, but I think these would be greatly improved if they didm't put the pattern inside the numbers, as it makes the red look like a different color than what's on the sleeves. There is definitely enough going on there without getting too cute with every design element... And I think I would outline the red numbers in white, which would match the flag pattern better.

HopMD12_MDbench.jpg

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Like last year, Duke got new white uniforms today for the NCAA Tournament, they don't like that different or very different from the new Syracuse navy alt. However, the Duke Chapel/Gothic aerographic pattern famously on the men's and women's basketball jerseys have now been integrated into the shoulders. No pictures yet.

Like last year, Duke got new white uniforms today for the NCAA Tournament, they don't like that different or very different from the new Syracuse navy alt. However, the Duke Chapel/Gothic aerographic pattern famously on the men's and women's basketball jerseys have now been integrated into the shoulders. No pictures yet.

Talk about being subtle, I didn't even really notice it. Gotta keep an eye on it next week

oEQ0ySg.png

Archived