New DC Comics & DC Entertainment Logos

BrySmalls

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive downgrade.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

How the logo has changed; http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/logos-emblems/DC_Brand_History-tb.html

I don't know if I'm in love with any of them but I'm most familiar with the '76 change. The new one would be OK if it had color.

Gave it a try.

29l0cbm.jpg

Meh. That didn't help much.

The best thing they could have done is base their new logo on one of the Block DC roundel logos that they have used for a vast majority of the companie's existence.

After all, comic books are somewhat of a dying industry, and if they would have gone back to a prior logo or something like it, at least their identity would have a nostalgic/vintage feel to it.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I have a feeling they'll pull a "Gap" on this and revert. That's just...just horrible.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not only land, but bad.

It suggests the D if you know it's there--if you don't know it's there--you could miss it.

That 76 & on logo was the strongest-you know what it is, and it's memorable-but the previous one is not bad either.

But then I don't buy comics any more--so this won't affect me...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I have a feeling they'll pull a "Gap" on this and revert. That's just...just horrible.

In the comment section from that link, not a single person has given the logo any positive feedback and 90% of the people have voted that they hated it.

With that much dislike towards the new logo, I'd say that a revert is likely to happen.

If they're trying to make the D unmasked to a C like a superhero masking they didn't do a good job LOL

No matter what they were attempting, they didn't do a good job.

That's just a bad logo whichever way you look at it, especially considering how good the last one was.

You're right I was hoping they would just remodernized the logo I didn't they would go GAP on them.

Archived