23. Pittsburgh Penguins

24. San Jose Sharks

25. St. Louis Blues

26. Tampa Bay Lightning

27. Toronto Maple Leafs

28. Vancouver Canucks

29. Washington Capitals

30. Winnipeg Jets

(These links are for the original post of each team. Updates can be found in the posts after those links.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The original first post of this thread is now in this spoiler to make room for NHL Redesign info.

I have been making hockey concepts for about a year and a half now, and I have finally decided to post some here. I will start by posting a couple of older concepts that have been posted on HJC, and then I will use this thread to post any new concepts that I make. All C & C is welcome and appreciated.

Boston Bruins: I wanted to mix their current set with the Orr Era jerseys. The logo is basically their old logo, but with their current serif-B.

Boston-Set.png

Boston-LogoX.png

Winnipeg Jets: I tried to give the jerseys more of a military look, and I also wanted the home jersey to be the lighter shade of blue.

Winnipeg-Set.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruins: Simplify the striping. The logo is very simple, but there's a lot going on in the way of striping. Keep it to just the shoulder yoke (not those stripe things in front) and go with only one outline for the numbers.

Winnipeg: I love the font and the colour choice, but please oh please make the arm stripes go all the way around.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Winnipeg: I love the font and the colour choice, but please oh please make the arm stripes go all the way around.

I disagree. I think the arm stripes look good. It's an interesting idea that definitely works well.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Bruins look good. Not a ton you can do with their classic look. One change I would make is using the current NOB font. It's unique and goes with the serifed B.

They're chevrons. Chevrons don't go all the way around the sleeves.

I really like the Jets. The number font looks really good and I like the striping.

They're chevrons. Chevrons don't go all the way around the sleeves.

Holy crap, I didn't realize that's what they were. That's brilliant!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like the striping on the Bruins unis here.

Some unis can take extra stripes, some can't.

the Bruins can.

And chevrons on the Jets unis makes a lot of sense.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I've changed my mind about the striping after taking another look at the Orr-era jerseys. The simplified outlining looks much better. I would, however, make the white area between the yellow and the black sleeve cuffs bigger; that's not so much a necessity as it is a small nitpick.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I love the Winnipeg concept. Unlike most teams having light blue alts, They use it both home and on the road. Also the stripes are impressive as the Jets turn into a light blue, navy, and silver (which makes them unique).

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I don't have any problems with the Canucks' RL third jersey but I've always thought that they'd look good in green. Your concept looks good but I don't like the logo. I think the Johnny Canuck V logo would look better.

Make the pants and helmets blue, because too much green gets to be a bit much, and put a white outline around the V in the logo. The white C has a blue outline, why shouldn't the blue V have a white outline?

I really like that concept though, and I think it would be an ideal third jersey

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Vancouver updates: A few different changes based on the C & C. I probably won't make any more changes as I want to move on to the next team (probably Dallas).

1. I made the green brighter (same for all three updates).

VancouverThird20.png

2. Switched logo to Johnny Canuck V-logo.

VancouverThird30.png

3. Added a white outline around the V, and changed the equipment to blue.

VancouverThird40.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

The Johnny Canuck version looks much better, but if you stick with the VC, the white outline is a vast improvement.

Archived