Grant94's NHL Redesign

StevenGrant94

Buffalo Sabres: Vintage colours for all the jersey. The third jersey is white (their are actually a few white third jerseys in this series, which I didn't do on purpose it just worked out that way). The sleeves on the third jersey are inspired by the home jersey, and it has the Buffalo script from their current third jersey as the crest.

Buffalo-Set.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are very good, there are only a few small changes that I would make. Switch the yellow and blue striping on the road. You have a great idea for the alternate, but I just don't really like it. I don't like the colored sleeves or hem stripe for them. Have you thought of a yellow alternate? I would also just leave it with the script, and take out the logo below it. Overall, I'd give this set (**) (**) (**) (**) (*.5)

Buffalo Sabres update: Made a few of the suggested changes. I tried to make a yellow third jersey but I couldn't get it too look good.

Buffalo-Set-20.png

Also I made a new template so I could see what teams would look like against each other. Here is what the Bruins would look like against the Sabres, if the Sabres were wearing their third jersey.

BostonvsBuffalo.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I like what you did with the Sabres as it reminds me a lot of what they looked like back in the 90's but the solid coloring on the sleeves of the 3rd jersey may not work. I would imagine it would be difficult to watch if the Sabres wore them against a team like Toronto...its a lot of blue that may blend in too much.

Good call on not doing a yellow alt. This set is really good, just 2 things with the alt:

• I'd prefer straight hem stripes, but I understand (and respect) your view on them, so I guess they're here to stay glare.gif
  • the script is too empty by its self. The real one had the logo underneath, so I'd add something below to make it less bare

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like what you did with the Sabres as it reminds me a lot of what they looked like back in the 90's but the solid coloring on the sleeves of the 3rd jersey may not work. I would imagine it would be difficult to watch if the Sabres wore them against a team like Toronto...its a lot of blue that may blend in too much.

It works for Detriot, so I don't think it would be a huge problem.

Good call on not doing a yellow alt. This set is really good, just 2 things with the alt:

• I'd prefer straight hem stripes, but I understand (and respect) your view on them, so I guess they're here to stay glare.gif
  • the script is too empty by its self. The real one had the logo underneath, so I'd add something below to make it less bare

-Actually on this jersey the bottom of the stripe blends into the pants, so I don't really care if the stripes are straight or not. My only reason to curve the stripes is to have a tiny-bit more white (to provide the maximum contrast with the other team, since the jersey already had a lot of blue on the sleeves).

-I originally had the logo there, but fouhy12 suggested I get rid of it. Looking back, I agree that it's a bit bare, so I tried numbers below the script.

Buffalo-Set-30.png

What does everyone else think?

Portland Pirates: I found an old logo which I liked better that their current logo. Then I switched the colour scheme to something I thought fit the logo better (and later realized worked very good with their NHL affiliate). The striping is inspired by a jersey they previously wore.

Portland-Set-1.png

Calgary Flames: The home and roads are very similar to the Abbotsford Heat concepts posted a few pages back, which is basically an updated version of the Flames pre-edge jerseys. The shoulder logo is an updated version of the Calgary Cowboys old logo (in my imagination the Flames would buy the rights to the Cowboys logo, similar to how the Canucks bought the rights to the Millionaires logo). The third jersey is the red from the Heritage Classic, with red pants and helmets. The full-length sleeve stripes are inspired by the Flames 1995-2000 jerseys.

Also I changed the presentation a little bit, what do you think better or worse?

Calgary-Set-New.png

[insert complain about hem stripes here] :P

Seriously though, this is a pretty sweet set. The Cowboys logo looks great as a shoulder patch. Make the third jersey a tad bit "red-er", and on the sleeve piping, have yellow on top so it matches the hem and sock striping. This is pretty minor, but I don't like how on the home, the inner outline on the numbers is yellow (San Jose has the same "issue"). Invert the black and yellow outlines to make the yellow and overall outline "pop" more.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yeah I don't like how the hem stripes contour... but then, I don't like the scooped hemlines to begin with. That is the only complaint I can give to this fantastic set. Love the darker shade of red on the alternate.

Don't forget to complain about the sleeve stripes, there curved too. :P

But in all seriousness, I agree with _RH_ about the hem stripes if the stripes continue to the bottom of the jersey, so I have kept them for the Flames. But don't worry 7 of the next 8 teams have straight hem stripes.

Calgary Flames update: I have made the red on the third jersey "red-er", and switched up the numbers on the home. I don't really understand what you (BigBubba) mean about the sleeve striping. Everywhere on the jersey the striping pattern goes white-black-yellow-red, so I don't understand how it doesn't match.

Calgary-Set-New-1.png

Much better. When I was talking about the sleeve striping, I was referring to on the alt (where black is on top, not yellow).

I still don't really know what you mean. Are you saying make the arm-stripes go red (jersey base), black, yellow, and then white. My thinking is that the rest of the striping goes red, yellow, black, white, so if I changed it it would match less. Look at the Minnesota Wild Jerseys or the old Colorado Avalanche Jerseys as examples of what I mean.

Archived