Grant94's NHL Redesign

StevenGrant94

Anaheim Ducks: The home and road keep the current template, but now have the logos from their current third jersey. The new third jersey features the old Mighty-Ducks logo, and has lots of orange.

Anaheim-Set.png

That is exactly what the Ducks should be doing with their home and roads right now. Not sure about the retro Penguins-esque striping or the shoulder numbers on the third, but other than that I like everything about this and would probably be a happy fan for life if they went this route :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that it's just a sizing issue, but I just don't really like how that thick black stripe on the alt sticks out.

I made the black stripe the same size as the yellow, hopefully it looks better. (Hidden in a spoiler to take up less space).

Calgary-Set-New-2.png

Carolina Hurricanes: The home and road only have minor changes (no phantom shoulder yolk, slightly different collar). The third has a more classic striping pattern (since I think the home and road are already pretty un-traditional), and feature sublimated hurricane-stripes.

Carolina-Set.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Carolina Hurricanes update: I added a red outline to the numbers on the third. Any more C&C?

Carolina-Set-1.png

I love these (even if the more traditional numbers on the 3rd took a little getting used to), and I love the fact that you aren't using Carolina Blue in these. Way to not fall into that trap.

I'm posting two teams today because Chicago doesn't really have anything new, and so I can get through more teams quicker. Also if you go to Icethetics today you will see a preview of my Los Angeles Kings concept.

Chicago Blackhawks: The home and road don't really have any changes (only change is the helmet logo faces foward). I added a throwback jersey that would only be worn five times a season, similar to the Kings or last years Canucks. The throwback is white so it could be worn on the road or at home.

Chicago-Set-1.png

Chicago-Throwback-2.png

Colorado Avalanche: I added a navy blue as a colour instead of black, and also added mountain stripes back on the hems. The third only has very minor changes.

Colorado-Set.png

C&C please.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Your icethetics L.A. uni is a thing of beauty.

You should throw it on here.

Like "ice" said, it combines the different eras very nicely.

Thanks for the compliment. I was going to wait to post it, but I might as well post it now.

Los Angeles Kings: The Kings have had three different colour schemes so far and I don't really like any of them. For my concept I used a darker purple and silver. I went with a simple striping pattern inspired by their earlier jerseys. The primary and secondary logos were both from this old logo. There is no third jersey as the home and road are already new (I might add a third jersey later).

LosAngeles-Set-1.png

Those Kings jerseys are beautiful. I don't think I've seen anyone try to use the purple and silver without adding in black, and I think the absence of black is what makes this set so good.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

First of all I have a new blog for anyone that's interested, http://www.sg-94.blogspot.ca/. I will use it as a place to post my concepts, as well as my thoughts on hockey logos and uniforms. There will be concepts posted there that aren't posted here, because I'm only using this thread to post my NHL Redesign concepts right now.

Second of all in my NHL Redesign there is no longer a team named the Columbus Blue Jackets. Have they been relocated, renamed, or just folded?

Now the concepts. I will once again be posting two teams at once, Dallas and Detroit.

Dallas Stars: Green is now their primary colour, used for the home and road. The third jersey is similar to their current home jersey but with minor changes (mostly adding green).

Dallas-Set.png

Detroit Red Wings: The home and road just have very minor changes. The third is a throwback jersey only to be worn 5 times a season.

Detroit-Set-1.png

Detroit-Throwback-1.png

Hawks, Avs, and Kings all look great. I must say, I've really enjoyed your series and you have not made a concept that I dislike. Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying this series.

The Stars could use some minimal black highlights on the primaries. Otherwise a solid design.

I tried black highlights, but I couldn't get it to look right, so I kept it green and gold for now.

Columbus I bet has been moved to Seattle or Quebec. That should be intriguing.

Nope, there not moving to Seattle or Quebec.

I'll try to have new teams posted in the next few days.

Edmonton Oilers: I changed up the home and road a bit. They now have a slightly different stripes, the blue is a bit darker blue, there are white numbers on the home, and the 1997-2011 primary logo is used. The current home jersey is now the third, as a throwback to the dynasty years. This isn't my favourite concept, so I would appreciate any help I can get to improve them.

Edmonton-Set-2.png

Florida Panthers: I actually like their current home and roads, but I think they could use some adjustments, so thats what I did. The third is more like a traditional hockey jersey and is similar to their original blue jersey.

Florida-Set-1.png

That Edmonton set is phenomenal. Simple, but exactlly what they should be wearing on the ice.

I'd agree on the primaries--keeps the blue & orange--but they match, they go together.

Now to update that stuck in the 70's logo...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Los Angeles (updated): I have now promoted their retro jersey to a third jersey.

LosAngeles-Set-2.jpg

Minnesota Wild: I think the Wild had everything perfect from 2003-07, so I brought back that set.

Minnesota-Set-1.jpg

I will post the next two teams (Montreal and Nashville) either late tonight or tommorow.

Here are the next two teams.

Montreal Canadiens: The home and road are based off of their 1977-97 set. The third jersey is blue and the striping is inspired by their home jersey (but without the chest stripe).

Montreal-Set-1.jpg

Nashville Predators: There are only slight changes to the home and road, mostly removing some piping. For the third jersey I used more traditional striping, but I added a sublimated checkered pattern.

Nashville-Set-1.jpg

Any comments on these last four teams?

Archived