Grant94's NHL Redesign

StevenGrant94

All three sets look very good. I'm not a big fan of Vancouver having a green third or having Johnny Canuck as a crest, though. Also, I'd suggest getting rid of the worst part of Washington's set - those horrendous-looking streaks down the arm, below the piping. Those should never have seen the light of day on any hockey uniform, ever.

And although I haven't posted C&C on most of them, almost all your earlier concepts look great (specifically the Dallas primaries, the Kings, and the Oilers).

As a Canucks fan, I've always thought they should have a green third jersey. I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of Johnny Canuck, but I don't think they have any logos that would work better. Also, I have always liked "those horrendous-looking streaks" on the capitals jerseys. I think they are one of the few teams to get it right with a modern looking edge jersey.

Thanks for the comments though, I'm glad you have liked most of the earlier concepts.

Only problem I have with the Canucks set is the word "Canucks" on the alt is unnecessary.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but the arched "Canucks" is inspired by the old Canucks jerseys of the WHL. Also I didn't think Johnny Canuck was a good enough logo to be there by himself.

All 3 sets look great.

This was a great series. I really enjoyed it. Excellent work on all of them.

I'm glad you enjoyed this series.

Here is another option I was considering for a Canucks third jersey. It is inspired by the Vancouver Millionaries. Is this better or worse?

VancouverThird-1.jpg

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the final Vancouver Set.

Vancouver-Set-2.jpg

I'll post the bonus jerseys in a day or two.

Edit: I almost forgot to post this, but here is the final Islanders set. The orange is a bitter duller than the last update, but still way brighter than the original concept.

NewYorkIslanders-Set30-2.jpg

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Man I am in love with that Coyotes set. It's absolutely amazing, the best I've seen. That third jersey would definitely be #1 on my jersey wishlist if it existed, it is BEAUTIFUL. Great work with Phoenix, simply stunning.

Also you really did a good job with my hometown and favorite team, the Blues obviously, this is one of the only concepts I've seen where the two different shades of blue actually work. If the Blues were to switch to this next year, I can't say that I'd be disappointed. That being said, I really think the third jersey works too. I like the fact that you used only one blue (other than the staff stripes obviously) and I really think that a white jersey of that template would work too. I think even if you kept the staff stripes at the same color it would still look good.

Great job on these!

A few days late, but here are the bonus concepts. I probably won't be updating any of these as I have been busy with school lately.

New Jersey Devils (St. Patricks Day): For the last few years the Devils wore a rerto red jersey. To change it up a bit, and also because I like the white version of that jersey better, I would have them wearing their retro white jersey.

NewJersey-StPats-1.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs (St. Patricks Day): I think Toronto should where a retro jersey on St. Patricks day, as they were literally called the St. Pats before. Here is a 1919-22 throwback jersey.

Toronto-StPats-1.jpg

All Star Game: I liked the red and blue jerseys that have been used the last few years, but I also think it is time for a new design. I kept the current colour scheme, and used striping inspired by 1947-59 Jerseys.

All-StarSet-1.jpg

Winter Classic: I liked Winter Classic jerseys best when they were true throwbacks, so that's what I did. Detroit's Jersey is from 1932-37, and Toronto's is from 1934-37 (I think I posted these here before my NHL Redesign).

WinterClassic-1.jpg

Stanley Cup Finals: Also, here is what this years final would look like with jerseys from my NHL Redesign.

NJDevilsVsLAKings-1.jpg

The WC and All-Star concepts look really good, but the Detroit logo badly needs a white outline. For the St Pats jersey, I'd make the socks white and the pants brown.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Only problem I have with the Canucks set is the word "Canucks" on the alt is unnecessary.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but the arched "Canucks" is inspired by the old Canucks jerseys of the WHL. Also I didn't think Johnny Canuck was a good enough logo to be there by himself.

That's fine, it's still unnecessary.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived