Grant94's NHL Redesign

StevenGrant94

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally had some time to make new concepts. Here are some predictions for the 2012-13 NHL season.

Anaheim: Although I don't like Anaheim's third jersey, it seems to be pretty popular with Duck fans, so I'm thinking they might make it their home jersey and add a matching road. If not this season then sometime in the future.

AnaheimRoad-1.png

Chicago: Icethetics reported that Chicago will probably bring back their 1996-2009 third jersey.

ChicagoThird-1.png

Dallas: It has been reported that the Stars will introduce a green third jersey, that will possibly become a home jersey in the future. Here is my prediction of a simple green jersey.

DallasThird-1.png

Philadelphia: There have been rumors that the Flyers will make the winter classic jersey their third jersey for next year. Last time they were in a winter classic, they promoted that jersey. Also they introduced a third jersey the first year possible (2008-09) after the Reebok Edge switch, so I think it's likely to happen.

PhilidelphiaThird-1.png

Winnipeg: Icethetics reported that Winnipeg will introduce a third jersey next year. It could be based off of a jersey worn by the original Jets. I think that is a bad idea, and they should go with something new (possibly an Aviator Blue jersey). But they will probably go with an updated jersey from the original Jets.

WinnipegThird-1.png

Winter Classic: My prediction for the Winter Classic is that Detroit will go with an actual retro jersey, while Toronto will wear a faux-back. The Detroit jersey is based off of their 1934-61 white jersey. Toronto is an updated version of an older concept I made.

WinterClassic-1.png

Quebec (Phoenix): As a bonus, this is the jersey I think the Phoenix Coyotes franchise will give to their 1st round draft choice this year.

PhoenixDraftDay-1.png

All great great.

The Quebec prediction was fun..

I really like the road, but make the waist stripes straight. I like the home as well, but the logo doesn't contrast with the jersey, so it blends in too much. Try to make it pop more.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I really like the road, but make the waist stripes straight. I like the home as well, but the logo doesn't contrast with the jersey, so it blends in too much. Try to make it pop more.

I tried to fix both issues. The logo contrast problem is hard to fix without using two shades of blue, so I outlined it in a thicker white line.

StLouis-Set20-1.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Nice choice for the winter classic, but I think the Wings would wear red, no?

Possibly. Buffalo wore white when they hosted, and Detroit doesn't have many options for red jerseys.

I started to do an AHL series but lost interest. Here are a few of the teams that I completed.

Abbotsford:

AbbostfordSet-1.png

Adirondack:

Adirondack-Set-1.png

Binghamton:

Binghamton-Set-1.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

that binghamton jersey makes me really happy. the sens should combine those with there 1st jerseys for the perfect look.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Dallas Stars: I wanted to see what Dallas would look good in just Green and Gold. The jersey are inspired by the Minnesota North Stars, but not direct copies of any one jersey set.

DallasStarsJerseyConcept.png

I wish they had done this instead of what they did. They got to far away from the Green!

Dallasbrink.png

Your Heat concept looks pretty good (although very similar to what the team wears now). I just don't recommend putting the Flames logo on the shoulder since most Heat fans are also Canucks supporters.

Abbotsford has a decent secondary logo that would work as a shoulder patch, but I can't find it online. For some reason it's only on merchandise.

Your Heat concept looks pretty good (although very similar to what the team wears now). I just don't recommend putting the Flames logo on the shoulder since most Heat fans are also Canucks supporters.

Abbotsford has a decent secondary logo that would work as a shoulder patch, but I can't find it online. For some reason it's only on merchandise.

You're right. I just wanted to replace the flags on their shoulders and didn't really think about that. I wish I could find that secondary logo, I have never seen it before.

AbbostfordSet-20-1.png

Here are a few more teams.

Albany:

Albany-Set-1.png

Charlotte:

Charlotte-Set-1.png

Manchester:

Manchester-Set-1.png

Any C&C or requests for more teams, or should I move on to NHL concepts.

Worcester: I don't like their current modern-template jerseys, or their outdated primary logo, so I tried to change both. I used the script from their third jersey as the jersey crest, and used more of a classic jersey design. The W-sheild logo is used as the shoulder patch, and primary logo stays as a helmet and pant logo (it would still be the primary logo, just used very little on the uniforms).

Worcester-Set-1.png

I think after this I will do a NHL series, I already have a few teams completed.

I tried to fix both issues. The logo contrast problem is hard to fix without using two shades of blue, so I outlined it in a thicker white line.

StLouis-Set20-1.png

What about a white logo on the blue jersey?

Outside of that, I personally don't like the home and road being two completely different designs. Rather have the same two for home and road and something different for an alt.

Archived