Grant94's NHL Redesign

StevenGrant94

What about a white logo on the blue jersey?

Outside of that, I personally don't like the home and road being two completely different designs. Rather have the same two for home and road and something different for an alt.

I made a quick concept with those changes, but personally I don't like them. I don't think a white "Blue-note" logo would work. Also I was expecting some people wouldn't like the mis-matched home and away, but in my opinion if they are similar (like the Blackhawks), they don't need to match perfectly.

StLouis-Set30-1.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about a white logo on the blue jersey?

Outside of that, I personally don't like the home and road being two completely different designs. Rather have the same two for home and road and something different for an alt.

I made a quick concept with those changes, but personally I don't like them. I don't think a white "Blue-note" logo would work. Also I was expecting some people wouldn't like the mis-matched home and away, but in my opinion if they are similar (like the Blackhawks), they don't need to match perfectly.

StLouis-Set30-1.png

That's why the Blues, despite having an amazing logo, are a real pain in the neck to work with. If you put them in dark blue, which they look best in, the logo disappears. It doesn't look much better as a lighter blue logo either. That's why their third jersey logo is so great, but at the same time, people aren't big fans of it around here.

If the team started over, no history to draw from, it should've been St. Louis that wore baby blue/navy blue rather than Pittsburgh, simply because it makes that much more sense.

Keep experimenting, maybe you'll find the answer. I wish I had one for you

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Grant94's NHL Redesign

I have decided to do a full NHL series, trying to fix the things I don't like about the NHL's current jerseys. The home and road of each team will by my ideal jersey set (while also keeping it realistic). The third jerseys can be anything, so they will often be a bit more creative than the home and road (although some teams might not have a third). I will listen to all C&C, and make changes when I think there could be an improvement. I'm starting with Anaheim and going in alphabetical order (sorry Jets fans).

Anaheim Ducks: The home and road keep the current template, but now have the logos from their current third jersey. The new third jersey features the old Mighty-Ducks logo, and has lots of orange.

Anaheim-Set.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

The Ducks need what you did, the webbed foot as the crest. See if you can use the current Sabres striping as the base for the Ducks though - minus the stupid piping. Gold as the center stripe, orange as the very outer stripe, and black/white coupleing with the orange in the outer line. I like what they have, but not a big fan of the swoosh thing they got, especially on the hem. See if this might work and what it looks like.

Grant94's NHL Redesign

I have decided to do a full NHL series, trying to fix the things I don't like about the NHL's current jerseys. The home and road of each team will by my ideal jersey set (while also keeping it realistic). The third jerseys can be anything, so they will often be a bit more creative than the home and road (although some teams might not have a third). I will listen to all C&C, and make changes when I think there could be an improvement. I'm starting with Anaheim and going in alphabetical order (sorry Jets fans).

Anaheim Ducks: The home and road keep the current template, but now have the logos from their current third jersey. The new third jersey features the old Mighty-Ducks logo, and has lots of orange.

Anaheim-Set.png

This is the best Blues concept you have (what you did with the home logo). Just add a yellow collar to the home - keep the shield panel blue, and make the hem like the socks and arms on the road. Though the patches need to be scraped. Went down to the team store, and no changes are in store. Wish these were. Might need the Winter Classic to possibly change to these.

I really like the road, but make the waist stripes straight. I like the home as well, but the logo doesn't contrast with the jersey, so it blends in too much. Try to make it pop more.

I tried to fix both issues. The logo contrast problem is hard to fix without using two shades of blue, so I outlined it in a thicker white line.

StLouis-Set20-1.png

Anaheim Ducks update: Added D-Logo as a shoulder patch on the third. I kept the swoosh on the home and road because I'm a fan of that striping, but I will make a concept based off of the Sabres striping when I am done this series.

Anaheim-Set-20.png

Anaheim Ducks update: Added D-Logo as a shoulder patch on the third. I kept the swoosh on the home and road because I'm a fan of that striping, but I will make a concept based off of the Sabres striping when I am done this series.

Anaheim-Set-20.png

Wow, I actually love this concept. THIS is exactly what the Ducks should look like. Really, I think this might be the first Ducks concept I've ever liked, because it's grown up since the Disney days, doesn't completely ignore them, and looks like a competent hockey team.

It would be absolutely perfect if the stripe finished at a point under the arm like the original version did, rather than getting cut off by a different piece of fabric, but I was too busy loving the ideas behind it to even notice that until just now

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Boston Bruins: The home and road are inspired by the Orr-era jerseys (their very similar to the concepts on pg. 1, but the shoulder patches are slightly different). The third jersey is Brown and has a slightly modified version of their winter-classic logo. It also features a hidden bear above the hem-stripes that is meant to be a detail you only notice from very close-up. I was wondering though, are brown socks okay for the Bruins or should they be yellow like their home socks?

Boston-Set.png

C&C please.

Here's a little C&C:

For the Blues, I don't think that a white note would work. However, I've always thought that yellow on blue could work for them. Maybe worth trying.

As for the Bruins, while the old logo has that classic feel to it, the new logo is far superior and should stay. I wouldn't make any major changes to the current home or road looks. What I would do is try to incorporate the classic logo on either a yellow alternate or a brown sweater from the brown and yellow years. I would personally rather see a yellow alt for Boston.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Completely OT, but I totally thought this thread was named, "Grandma's Hockey Concepts," and was greatly anticipating what the results were.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Most Bruins fans are vehemently opposed to anything but gold (or white) socks for the team, so you should probably change them on the alt. Other than that, this is exactly what the Bruins should wear IMO. I hate toe over-outlining on their current jerseys and I think the Orr logo is superior to the new one.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Here's a little C&C:

For the Blues, I don't think that a white note would work. However, I've always thought that yellow on blue could work for them. Maybe worth trying.

As for the Bruins, while the old logo has that classic feel to it, the new logo is far superior and should stay. I wouldn't make any major changes to the current home or road looks. What I would do is try to incorporate the classic logo on either a yellow alternate or a brown sweater from the brown and yellow years. I would personally rather see a yellow alt for Boston.

Thanks for the C&C (and thanks to everyone else that commented too).

I will keep that in mind for when I get to the Blues.

For the Bruins I tried the new logo on the home and road, but I didn't think it looked good so I kept them the same. Here are few options for the third jersey.

Option #1: Same as the original third jersey I posted, but now with yellow socks.

BostonThird-1.png

Option #2: I tried a serif-B logo on a brown jersey with slightly different striping.

BostonThird-20-1.png

Option #3: Here's a yellow jersey with the serif-B logo. I think this one is my favourite.

BostonThird-30-1.png

Option #4: Same jersey as #3 but with the logo switched places.

BostonThird-40-1.png

Which jersey does everyone else think is best? Hopefully I will have Boston finalized by tomorrow and then I can post Buffalo.

Boston Bruins: The home and road are inspired by the Orr-era jerseys (their very similar to the concepts on pg. 1, but the shoulder patches are slightly different). The third jersey is Brown and has a slightly modified version of their winter-classic logo. It also features a hidden bear above the hem-stripes that is meant to be a detail you only notice from very close-up. I was wondering though, are brown socks okay for the Bruins or should they be yellow like their home socks?

Boston-Set.png

C&C please.

Holy crap this is gorgeous.

I have a request for your AHL concepts: could you do my hometown Portland Pirates?

spacer.png

I have a request for your AHL concepts: could you do my hometown Portland Pirates?

I'll try to come up with something, but it might take a long time. I haven't had much time to make concepts, and when I do get some time I've been making concepts for my NHL series.

Archived