NEW NFL "Pro Line" Jerseys on nfl.com

Chazberg

I was just on nfl.com and stumbled upon this:

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12552418&cp=2237507&pageType=family&parentPage=family

It is a new jersey that appears similar to a Premier, with one layer twill numbers. They go to great lengths to emphasize that it is not made by Reebok, and the Reebok logo doesn't appear anywhere on it.

My guess is that maybe this is the league's quick-thinking solution to the continued demand of jerseys with the Reebok supply running out, but could it perhaps be a preview of the new Nike jerseys due in April? They are only available for the final 4 teams left from what I've seen so far, so maybe they're doing a limited roll-out to gage customer reaction. The price ($99.99) is what many sources are saying the standard Nike replica will run. Another interesting fact is that these jerseys are offered in sets of 2 of the teams I've seen so far (Brady & Gronk, Manning & Pierre-Paul, Willis & Gore). I was at my local sports shop the other day and the guy who works there said the Nike jerseys will only be available for 2 players from each team, at least at first. So this pattern would jive with that claim. Let the speculation begin...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the link and a customer service chat window popped up, so I started asking questions.

Reebok isn't making jerseys anymore (including for the Pro Bowl) so the NFL had to whip these up themselves. They are not branded and supposedly are not produced by Nike. However, I doubt they would be able to get potentially hundreds or thousands of jerseys made to sell this week on such short notice. I picture two scenarios:

1) These are the eventual Nike product, just without the swooshes. Swooshes will be screened onto the remaining stock to be sold after March.

2) They made a few thousand non-branded jerseys for all the playoff teams just incase and these will all end up at TJ Maxx this spring.

He said that they weren't notified yet of the price of the new Nike replicas. Also confirmed that Reebok hasn't made new stuff this year, and they have just been selling the inventory the whole season. He said not to expect a big sale in March.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Alright, I didn't know that they made these for a whole bunch of teams. I don't think they would have made these up knowing they had two and a half months to sell them before they ended up in discount stores. I mean, were they expecting a rush of women wanting Ryan Fitzpatrick jerseys in February? I am more sure these are the new Nike jerseys without the swooshes applied yet.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Alright, I didn't know that they made these for a whole bunch of teams. I don't think they would have made these up knowing they had two and a half months to sell them before they ended up in discount stores. I mean, were they expecting a rush of women wanting Ryan Fitzpatrick jerseys in February? I am more sure these are the new Nike jerseys without the swooshes applied yet.

Even the Panthers one though? I'm going the opposite direction and I'm convinced these are just nothing more than a stop-gap Reebok-ish jerseys for the remaining 2011 season and we will see a completely different replicas by Nike in April.

NFL has been making these for quite some time. I think they are even sold at some Walmart stores. If you look closely at the Bills collar and some of the Patriots jerseys (stripes, piping) you'll see it's incorrect

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

Interestingly enough on the Packers jerseys (particularly Jennings and Matthews) the "5" numeral is the correct version on the front and back, but not on the shoulders. This is the opposite of what has traditionally been done, where the shoulder "5" numeral font is correct, but the front and back numbers are not.

packers-1.png

I have wanted a Matthews replica or premier jersey for the last few years, but have refused to buy one because of the incorrect numerals. Looks like I'll have to keep waiting.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

i was looking through some uniform catalogs and saw the best description for that style of numbers: "Printed Twill". One layer is sewn onto the jersey, every other color layer is screen printed onto that number. Even the stitching effects are screened on.

Most league's replica jerseys are done this way now, but I haven't seen any NBA jerseys done up like this yet.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i was looking through some uniform catalogs and saw the best description for that style of numbers: "Printed Twill". One layer is sewn onto the jersey, every other color layer is screen printed onto that number. Even the stitching effects are screened on.

Most league's replica jerseys are done this way now, but I haven't seen any NBA jerseys done up like this yet.

Actually, Nike started that fad with its Swingman line about ten years ago.

NFL has been making these for quite some time. I think they are even sold at some Walmart stores. If you look closely at the Bills collar and some of the Patriots jerseys (stripes, piping) you'll see it's incorrect

Walmart doesn't sell $100 jerseys or any which have numbers sewn on.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Even the Panthers one though? I'm going the opposite direction and I'm convinced these are just nothing more than a stop-gap Reebok-ish jerseys for the remaining 2011 season and we will see a completely different replicas by Nike in April.

Yeah, I can't explain the Panthers one. I don't know what is going on, but I find it hard to believe the NFL would produce all these jerseys knowing they wouldn't be able to sell them after March.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They're also sold at the $99 price point, which is what I've been told will be the Nike replica price in 2012.

Interestingly enough on the Packers jerseys (particularly Jennings and Matthews) the "5" numeral is the correct version on the front and back, but not on the shoulders. This is the opposite of what has traditionally been done, where the shoulder "5" numeral font is correct, but the front and back numbers are not.

packers-1.png

I have wanted a Matthews replica or premier jersey for the last few years, but have refused to buy one because of the incorrect numerals. Looks like I'll have to keep waiting.

udubs, the Photoshopped pictures of the lettering aren't always accurate. As you can see here, it looks to be dead-on (This is a legit Premier). I'm sure it'll be accurate on the new Pro-Line jersey as well

eqtmatthews.jpg

packers-1.png

udubs, the Photoshopped pictures of the lettering aren't always accurate. As you can see here, it looks to be dead-on (This is a legit Premier). I'm sure it'll be accurate on the new Pro-Line jersey as well

eqtmatthews.jpg

Good to know...all the ones I've seen in stores (both premier and replica) did not have this correct.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I don't think the eBay auction is a Premier jersey from the manufacturer. You can see the stitching around the seams, and on the Premiers those are screened on. Also, IIRC, to distinguish Premier jerseys from Authentics, they screen print the same color on top of the single color numbers, just to make them look a little cheaper. The numbers should look slightly shinier than in the picture above. They probably acquired a blank Packers Premier jersey and had authentic customization, because Reebok has been notoriously bad about messing up its jerseys (even authentics until a few years back) by not using different number fonts for the front, back and side.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Seeing as how Reebok's "Premier" screened twill jerseys sold for $115, and these new, possibly Nike versions with the same specs are going for $100, I say there's already one up-side to the Nike takeover.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived