College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

They wore it in two games.

That too.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see this? 2rwoowg.png

This popped up on the SEC Smack site. The guy said for the LSU game.

403871_288615151198715_100001506977961_827105_1756750970_n.jpg

Yeah We've seen it

BTW, I actually e-mailed the Gators about this helmet, asking if the LSU game rumor is true. They told me this helmet is fake and any uniform news will first be released by Nike or Gatorzone. FWIW

That's a shame because that's actually a really neat helmet.

it looks too good to not be at least a prototype...wouldn't be the 1st time an organization denied authenticity of something that was unintentionally leaked

It's definitely, at the bare minimum, a prototype, unless National Championship trophies are easier to get your hands on than I previously realized.

Well, a Facebook friend of a Facebook friend posted this picture and some of the comments talked about it being worn for one game, so the rumor is at least widely-believed. However I just realized that this helmet features what is now the old wordmark, so doesn't that point towards the helmet not being used?

Here is a bigger version of it:

6827880289_0bc33e160e_o.jpg

Uni Watch says one of the players tweeted that they were wearing it for 1 game this year.

Well, a Facebook friend of a Facebook friend posted this picture and some of the comments talked about it being worn for one game, so the rumor is at least widely-believed. However I just realized that this helmet features what is now the old wordmark, so doesn't that point towards the helmet not being used?

No, not really. The company that does the helmets doesn't always get the accurate decals. The TCU one used in press shots at release had a black outline around the arched TCU, but the game helmets didn't (though they should have IMO).

EMU may be getting new duds

AjQKxG7CAAEg-zb.jpg

(I like the matte gray helmet)

As do I :D

Dark green & grey is a very underrated combination and I definitely can't complain about Eastern adopting an identity that makes them look less Spartan-y.

Speaking of Eastern, I never understood why they adopted Eagles as their mascot when they dropped Hurons. Wouldn't it have made much more sense to call themselves the Emus?

Oh joy...

I guess they have to do something to divert attention from the lack of quality play on the field.

Yeah, we missed going to a bowl this year for the first time in 6 years. It was kinda disappointing, but we have a lot of younger guys and it will all be good. But at least we have the #1 team in basketball. So who is your team? Illinois? Northwestern? Who is it?

That will be just as bad as Indiana University going with black helmets 10 years ago. IU is cream and crimson, Kentucky is blue and white. Those should ALWAYS be the main two color options for their uniforms. Those Kentucky uniforms were nothing but BFBS.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Looks as if Mizzou will be ditching its long-time Block-M helmet logo in favor of the Tiger head mark. This from the Columbia Daily Tribune's Mizzou football beat writer Dave Matter who just returned from today's Tiger QB Club luncheon:

Missouri and Nike will unveil the school's new branding images and uniforms on April 14, the day of the Black and Gold spring scrimmage. Missouri is keeping a tight lid on details for the new threads, but Pinkel said MU is fortunate to have two unique features when it comes to the school's brand: the word "Mizzou" and the Tiger head logo. You'll notice he didn't say the block M. There's a reason the Tiger logo replaced the block M on Faurot Field in 2003, and I suspect Missouri's helmets will get a similar facelift. Why the change? I was told a few months ago that when Nike analyzed Missouri's brand profile, the company found that casual fans associate the block M logo with Michigan, even though Michigan's helmets don't feature an M. The Tiger logo is more unique, unmistakably Missouri's. Pinkel said the group of former Tigers now playing in the NFL got to see the new designs last week and gave them rave reviews.

Full piece here

Looks as if Mizzou will be ditching its long-time Block-M helmet logo in favor of the Tiger head mark. This from the Columbia Daily Tribune's Mizzou football beat writer Dave Matter who just returned from today's Tiger QB Club luncheon:

Missouri and Nike will unveil the school's new branding images and uniforms on April 14, the day of the Black and Gold spring scrimmage. Missouri is keeping a tight lid on details for the new threads, but Pinkel said MU is fortunate to have two unique features when it comes to the school's brand: the word "Mizzou" and the Tiger head logo. You'll notice he didn't say the block M. There's a reason the Tiger logo replaced the block M on Faurot Field in 2003, and I suspect Missouri's helmets will get a similar facelift. Why the change? I was told a few months ago that when Nike analyzed Missouri's brand profile, the company found that casual fans associate the block M logo with Michigan, even though Michigan's helmets don't feature an M. The Tiger logo is more unique, unmistakably Missouri's. Pinkel said the group of former Tigers now playing in the NFL got to see the new designs last week and gave them rave reviews.

Full piece here

That's what I've expected all along. While I love the block 'M', I can understand the reasoning behind removing it from their brand. I'm just excited to see what they come up with.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Pinkel said the group of former Tigers now playing in the NFL got to see the new designs last week and gave them rave reviews.

If we've learned anything as members here, it's that athletes have terrible taste in uniform aesthetics. I am fearful.

Now that I think of it, when has it ever been reported that players didn't like a new uniform? :suspect:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Pinkel said the group of former Tigers now playing in the NFL got to see the new designs last week and gave them rave reviews.

If we've learned anything as members here, it's that athletes have terrible taste in uniform aesthetics. I am fearful.

Now that I think of it, when has it ever been reported that players didn't like a new uniform? :suspect:

lakers-shorts.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

lakers-shorts.jpg

the only uniform mass revolts that I can think of are the broncos burning their yellow and brown socks and the mavs refusing to wear the trash bags after one game

Here's some more talk about what Mizzou may be up to:

As I reported in December, Pinkel said the word "Mizzou" and the Tiger head logo will figure prominently in the new design. I've heard rumblings that the primary helmet will remain black, but there will also be a gold helmet and a white helmet the Tigers can rotate in. Provided that's true, that's consistent with the vibe I've gotten from the staff, which is this: the new unis will be more Oklahoma State than Oregon. You may all breathe a sigh of relief now.

Read more here: http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2383#storylink=cpy

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

They don't have bad taste, they just have a different taste than you.

Archived