College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Does anyone know which teams will wear Pro Combat uniforms this season?

I don't think anything has been announced yet. I know someone who works at the Stanford bookstore and they have told me Stanford will be wearing it against USC. I would be a bit surprised if they were picked again with Luck leaving, but who knows.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missouri released a teaser video for their new uniforms, set to release April 14.

http://www.mutigers.com/allaccess/?media=301639

The second white one shown is the old pro combat rivalry. No new white one is shown.

The new black one is speed machine with the oval tiger logo at the neckline.

A yellow alt.

Bottom of the cleats looked like their old pro combat cleats.

The old pro combat had white flywire. The one in the video has black.

CdwAF.jpg

Now that's bad! Not as ugly as Tulsa, but still pretty terrible. Is it carbon fiber? If so it makes zero sense. Classic uniforms, classic W font, modern logo, modern helmet texture. This is worse than the Ohio Bobcats mess of '11.

that is just horrible...this is what happens when 2nd tier schools try to jump on the uniform and design bandwagon...you get an incoherent mishmash of multiple design styles that have zero continuity...a complete mess.

Illinois will be getting uniforms which promise to be terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a Pro Combat.

Have you seen them? Are the wILL-INI's design or something different?

Illinois will be getting uniforms which promise to be terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a Pro Combat.

Have you seen them? Are the wILL-INI's design or something different?

I have no idea, but Beckman said they would "try" to get new unis for the 2012 season. Without the restrictions the NFL and other leagues have, I wouldn't anticipate Illinois needing more than 8 months to change uniforms.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

CdwAF.jpg

Now that's bad! Not as ugly as Tulsa, but still pretty terrible. Is it carbon fiber? If so it makes zero sense. Classic uniforms, classic W font, modern logo, modern helmet texture. This is worse than the Ohio Bobcats mess of '11.

that is just horrible...this is what happens when 2nd tier schools try to jump on the uniform and design bandwagon...you get an incoherent mishmash of multiple design styles that have zero continuity...a complete mess.

Oh God, this is the worst helmet I've ever seen. This combines Alabama's houndstooth and WMU's logo and it creates this debacle. This proves my point from earlier in the thread that schools should stick to the team colors to create uniforms. If they would've listened to I said, this debacle wouldn't happened. If I see this in a game, I would change the channel right away. Seriously, I could make a helmet better than this.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

That's not houndstooth. It's the carbon pattern that Oregon uses.

This is houndstooth:

houndstooth-blk_preview.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That's not houndstooth. It's the carbon pattern that Oregon uses.

This is houndstooth:

houndstooth-blk_preview.png

technically it's a carbon braid pattern but in that photo it definitely looks more houndstooth...there is too much contrast between the light and dark and the braids are too big...the other images I seem to be getting from it is a crash test pattern, or car testing camo.

hgi started off as cool but this is turning into a nightmare...just sheer randomness of patterns like mixing plaid and polka dots because you can.

Algd66ZCEAIGGKz.jpg

posted by gofresno over at Operation Sports.

This looks way better than Western Michigan's debacle. The camo pattern, which is in school colors (a plus), is great for them because San Diego is home to a US Marine base. The camo reminds me of what the Padres wore last season and is very apporiate to the city and the Marines there. It's hard for me to say this, but this is better than their regular helmet. Change the font and this helmet can be one of the very best in CFB. I give it a 9.1 out of 10.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Algd66ZCEAIGGKz.jpg

posted by gofresno over at Operation Sports.

I highly doubt that will be used full time. Unlike a lot of these camo prototypes that we see in the pre season that we never use, San Diego State, as was mentioned earlier, is home to a marine base, so I can see them wearing it next year as a one time thing. Definately not full time though.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

That Mizzou neckline logo looked really big didn't it! Or is it just me? I'm disappointed by the yellow/gold alt, I was hoping they would keep it to a trim color. Also, it seems like they're sticking with the mustard yellow over gold.

Archived