College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

UAPB_QB_Rontrell_Bailey_10-10-09_zpsfdbf2b28.jpg

Sorry for the double post but the mattes aren't new. Very cool though.

That isn't a matte helmet. The helmet logo is also different.

Also, I thought BSU wasn't allowed to wear their all blues at home? Or was that just a WAC thing?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UAPB_QB_Rontrell_Bailey_10-10-09_zpsfdbf2b28.jpg

Sorry for the double post but the mattes aren't new. Very cool though.

That isn't a matte helmet. The helmet logo is also different.

The helmet in the post before it was, though, and that is what everyone was talking about.

Also, I thought BSU wasn't allowed to wear their all blues at home? Or was that just a WAC thing?

That rule only applies to MWC conference home games and BYU is not in the MWC anymore.

WVU will be wearing all Gray tomorrow against Maryland. Not sure if Maryland will be wearing white or red. Did teams wear colored jerseys vs Okie State last year when they wore gray?

I xpect TCU to be in their anthracite, too. Who else got those terrible uniforms?

What in the world is going on with APB's jerseys?? HBCU's just...ugh. Never look good. Sorry, but I don't know any other way to express that correlation.

Eh... I don't think you need to apologize, a lot of people have made that observation around here. Even Grambling and Southern have trotted out in templated messes when, if anything, they should have consistent, traditional looks since they have as much history as many of the BCS schools.

oregons_rose_bowl_uniforms_may_be_classified_as_a_deadly_weapon.jpg

This came up when i searched for Oregon black helmet. The color is liquid black. The wings are chrome.

From the Nike facebook page:

?The helmet has a liquid black metal finish, never before seen on the field?

Source of quote

http://i6designs.com/tag/football/

I'm pretty sure that's one of the promo shots from the Rose Bowl uniform. It looked black in the shots, but then in real life it was more of a gray chrome.

oregon-ducks-rose-bowl-uniform.jpg

This came up when i searched for Oregon black helmet. The color is liquid black. The wings are chrome.

“The helmet has a liquid black metal finish, never before seen on the field”

Source of quote

I'm pretty sure that's one of the promo shots from the Rose Bowl uniform. It looked black in the shots, but then in real life it was more of a gray chrome.

That is definitely one of the promo shots from the Rose Bowl uniform. The article is even dated December 31st, 2011. That doesn't mean they wont wear a liquid black helmet this week but that photo is from the Rose Bowl.

Duck-of-Death.jpg

WVU will be wearing all Gray tomorrow against Maryland. Not sure if Maryland will be wearing white or red. Did teams wear colored jerseys vs Okie State last year when they wore gray?

From what I've seen, Oklahoma State considers (or, maybe, the NCAA considers) grey to be a home color, but Ole Miss considers it a road color (as Auburn has worn blue both times Ole Miss has worn grey).

Boise switches over next year. But yes, the no blue at home is a league issue.

Yeah, Rocky Long got all butthurt about it for no reason, but apparently Colorado State wearing green on their green field is okay. Go figure.

There are big differences there, but they were all rehashed back in the 2011 season thread.

“The helmet has a liquid black metal finish, never before seen on the field”

Source of quote

That is definitely one of the promo shots from the Rose Bowl uniform. The article is even dated December 31st, 2011. That doesn't mean they wont wear a liquid black helmet this week but that photo is from the Rose Bowl.

Duck-of-Death.jpg

Those three images are, in order, a Rose Bowl promo shot, a Rose Bowl Game Photo (dude's wearing a Rose Bowl patch...) and a rose bowl promo shot.

They may call that lid color black, but that's a load of büllshît, but büllshît is a very specific kind of speech:

Büllshît can either be true or false but büllshîtters aim primarily to impress and persuade their audiences, and in general are unconcerned with the truth or falsehood of their statements

Now, that doesn't mean that the color isn't technically black, or called black, but it's appearance during games is a chrome finish, which prevents it looking like black at all. Therefore, they call it black because that furthers their agenda, but it's blackness - or lack thereof - is irrelevant to their message.

?The helmet has a liquid black metal finish, never before seen on the field?

Source of quote

Duck-of-Death.jpg

Those three images are, in order, a Rose Bowl promo shot, a Rose Bowl Game Photo (dude's wearing a Rose Bowl patch...) and a rose bowl promo shot.

They may call that lid color black, but that's a load of büllshît, but büllshît is a very specific kind of speech:

Büllshît can either be true or false but büllshîtters aim primarily to impress and persuade their audiences, and in general are unconcerned with the truth or falsehood of their statements

Now, that doesn't mean that the color isn't technically black, or called black, but it's appearance during games is a chrome finish, which prevents it looking like black at all. Therefore, they call it black because that furthers their agenda, but it's blackness - or lack thereof - is irrelevant to their message.

its only black in the promo shots cuz their is no other lighting in the room they took the photos in

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Boise switches over next year. But yes, the no blue at home is a league issue.

Yeah, Rocky Long got all butthurt about it for no reason, but apparently Colorado State wearing green on their green field is okay. Go figure.

First off, I don't think they wear solid green head-to-toe. Wearing forest green on a grass-colored field is acceptable, as those colors are not remotely close and grass is a natural, neutral color for football. Wearing solid blue clownsuits on a silly royal blue field is not the same thing.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

First off, I don't think they wear solid green head-to-toe.

20111203__0rrhscsu~2_500.jpg

Wearing forest green on a grass-colored field is acceptable, as those colors are not remotely close and grass is a natural, neutral color for football. Wearing solid blue clownsuits on a silly royal blue field is not the same thing.

Firstly, Boise's uniforms are a couple shades darker than the field.

4c70c5c11a334.image.jpg

Secondly, the blue turf is no sillier than the Sooner Schooner, the Gator Chomp, or Auburn fans toilet papering the trees at Toomer's Corner. Goofy traditions have always been a part of college football. And yes, I think we can count the blue turf as a tradition by now: it was the first non-green college football field ever at any level, and it's been around since 1986.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

First off, I don't think they wear solid green head-to-toe.

20111203__0rrhscsu~2_500.jpg

Wearing forest green on a grass-colored field is acceptable, as those colors are not remotely close and grass is a natural, neutral color for football. Wearing solid blue clownsuits on a silly royal blue field is not the same thing.

Firstly, Boise's uniforms are a couple shades darker than the field.

4c70c5c11a334.image.jpg

Secondly, the blue turf is no sillier than the Sooner Schooner, the Gator Chomp, or Auburn fans toilet papering the trees at Toomer's Corner. Goofy traditions have always been a part of college football. And yes, I think we can count the blue turf as a tradition by now: it was the first non-green college football field ever at any level, and it's been around since 1986.

The uniforms and field were specifically deisgned to be the same shade of blue (reflex blue).

Yeah, but it's always difficult to match colors exactly across different mediums (hence why a lot of teams' helmets look a lot darker or lighter than their jerseys and pants, for example).

Regardless, they try to make them match perfectly.

OHIOBobcats EQ‏@OHIOBobcatsFBEQ

Managers will be in later today to work on game day prep! Cats will wear their WHITE helmets/GREEN jerseys/WHITE pants tomorrow!

Archived