College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Firstly, Boise's uniforms are a couple shades darker than the field.

4c70c5c11a334.image.jpg

Secondly, the blue turf is no sillier than the Sooner Schooner, the Gator Chomp, or Auburn fans toilet papering the trees at Toomer's Corner. Goofy traditions have always been a part of college football. And yes, I think we can count the blue turf as a tradition by now: it was the first non-green college football field ever at any level, and it's been around since 1986.

The uniform only looks that different from the blue to to bad photography. That's why the orange on the field looks tangerine. The field and uniforms are very similar; unnaturally so. And while you might be able to clearly see all the players during a still shot, the colors are going to be a lot more blurred to a QB quickly scanning the field to find open receivers. He won't have time to focus his eyes on every spot to notice the subtle difference in blues cause by how reflective they are.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maryland's uniforms vs WVU.

660039913.jpg?key=16851123&Expires=1348254629&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=B-xJNWqgjRzjNIKx7u2XTBDA8LuXA2YUFSP2rBDy1QtrAjlxxyZFwhxKUsGJ365-s4r-vGmpunF3KNUL7Ac9i9EaK1V8hzdp~8d~6Kw7i61y3P7fKQe0gYpKplbId9xK2aylPn6WCXHYs4QY~z4DPqmVzLztZjUYbH-PIU36KMA_

@alex_prewitt: Front view of #Terps new "White Ops" uniforms, to be worn against West Virginia. (via @MaroonPR) twitpic.com/awyy21

660041623.jpg?key=16851123&Expires=1348254798&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=tr4VUCAlOFJHEPJYAdneqfQgRMs2NjSg-fWubHiALsTDDRD60Kl1w~gpdIOEuCMioqvVHqJ185FyirmoSQaPuWznApViAWEJ2cUTTV0NABiIv4RIBOILr0QdKa2BJguzALXl3DN5ZstS0DDRjPQfoM58lVMmLS9AyIsUqsEtymw_

Maybe it's just me, but I'd have a real hard time getting excited about any uniforms me team was wearing in a game they have no chance to win.

And if WVU does wear grey, this will be one unattractive game.

Maryland's uniforms vs WVU.

660039913.jpg?key=16851123&Expires=1348254629&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=B-xJNWqgjRzjNIKx7u2XTBDA8LuXA2YUFSP2rBDy1QtrAjlxxyZFwhxKUsGJ365-s4r-vGmpunF3KNUL7Ac9i9EaK1V8hzdp~8d~6Kw7i61y3P7fKQe0gYpKplbId9xK2aylPn6WCXHYs4QY~z4DPqmVzLztZjUYbH-PIU36KMA_

@alex_prewitt: Front view of #Terps new "White Ops" uniforms, to be worn against West Virginia. (via @MaroonPR) twitpic.com/awyy21

660041623.jpg?key=16851123&Expires=1348254798&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=tr4VUCAlOFJHEPJYAdneqfQgRMs2NjSg-fWubHiALsTDDRD60Kl1w~gpdIOEuCMioqvVHqJ185FyirmoSQaPuWznApViAWEJ2cUTTV0NABiIv4RIBOILr0QdKa2BJguzALXl3DN5ZstS0DDRjPQfoM58lVMmLS9AyIsUqsEtymw_

Maybe it's just me, but I'd have a real hard time getting excited about any uniforms me team was wearing in a game they have no chance to win.

And if WVU does wear grey, this will be one unattractive game.

Call me crazy, but I think it doesn't look half bad.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Maryland is trying too hard to be cool.

You're just now noticing that?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

First off, I don't think they wear solid green head-to-toe.

20111203__0rrhscsu~2_500.jpg

Wearing forest green on a grass-colored field is acceptable, as those colors are not remotely close and grass is a natural, neutral color for football. Wearing solid blue clownsuits on a silly royal blue field is not the same thing.

Firstly, Boise's uniforms are a couple shades darker than the field.

4c70c5c11a334.image.jpg

Secondly, the blue turf is no sillier than the Sooner Schooner, the Gator Chomp, or Auburn fans toilet papering the trees at Toomer's Corner. Goofy traditions have always been a part of college football. And yes, I think we can count the blue turf as a tradition by now: it was the first non-green college football field ever at any level, and it's been around since 1986.

The uniforms and field were specifically deisgned to be the same shade of blue (reflex blue).

and the combination looks horrible on television

Great job by Maryland. It's far better than anything else they've done recently.

Also, I'm surprised that Virginia Tech is using an older template for that jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Great job by Maryland. It's far better than anything else they've done recently.

Also, I'm surprised that Virginia Tech is using an older template for that jersey.

It's bc they are paying for it (not Nike giving it to them). They just bought cheap-o uniforms out of the Nike team catalog.

Archived