College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ND needs to go with shiny gold pants like FSU used to wear.

RashadGreene.jpg

The Noles still wear them.

Oh, you're right. For some reason I thought they used to be even shinier.

Yeah, that's a picture from last year. You can tell by the FSU wordmark on the jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

nd should go back to the circa 1980's pant with the sheen on the front 1/2 and the 49ers tan on the back

Those style of pants are the worst looking (and most uncomfortable) pants I've maybe ever seen. No way anything like those should ever come back.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Utah State wore their Gray uniforms on the road again--this time, paired with their Gray pants (gallery here). They stuck with their Blue helmets as well:

993201.jpg

They still looks good, if you ask me; I'm kind of liking this Gray-on-the-road thing going on--that's probably the best way to utilize this "dirty white" lighter Gray for anyone. While we're at it, for their homecoming game (which I can't be at...friggin' Geology class camping trip <_< ), they're doing a White Out. Pictures are found on the photos of USU's Football Facebook page. I've always liked USU's all-White look; that's been one of the first things I notice about their football team:

299453_446186958765684_432089533_n.jpg

EDIT: However, if I were to change the shade of gray for USU, it'd look more like this (or something close, like West Virginia's*, quick and dirty):

8021274327_350ec337f0.jpg

I don't know if the darker Gray could be worn on the road.

*Which I love.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Can we fix this please?

ncf_a_mich-nd3_mb_576.jpg

The helmets couldn't be anymore perfect, the pants are just awful.

Right, it's such a shame because those helmets are absolutely spot on, but then they have the urine soaked burlap sack for pants.

I don't really look at them as 'gold' pants trying to match the helmet. I know they are intended to match the helmet, but I think of them as vintage khaki pants, not unlike what the Packers wore with their 1929 throwback last season.

i feel the opposite. those pants complete the vintage look. its a great soft, old school color. you think it would be better to match the pants and jersey gold to the helmet?? bling overload. i love those ND uniforms

That pretty well sums it up. Regardless of the intent in this case, they look like vintage canvas and they feel appropriate for Notre Dame's brand.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Can we fix this please?

Right, it's such a shame because those helmets are absolutely spot on, but then they have the urine soaked burlap sack for pants.

I don't really look at them as 'gold' pants trying to match the helmet. I know they are intended to match the helmet, but I think of them as vintage khaki pants, not unlike what the Packers wore with their 1929 throwback last season.

i feel the opposite. those pants complete the vintage look. its a great soft, old school color. you think it would be better to match the pants and jersey gold to the helmet?? bling overload. i love those ND uniforms

That pretty well sums it up. Regardless of the intent in this case, they look like vintage canvas and they feel appropriate for Notre Dame's brand.

You can't perfectly match the helmet and since I too love the pants, I say you have to make the gold trim on the unis match the pants.

Can we fix this please?

You can't perfectly match the helmet and since I too love the pants, I say you have to make the gold trim on the unis match the pants.

I agree. That's the other part of it. You're never going to get pants to sufficiently match that helmet, short of going with gold lamé or something ridiculous, so it's preferable to choose a shade of tan and use that for the pants and the trim. The helmet is different. It's special, and I don't mind it being the only metallic part of the uniform. If it were possible to do pants that had a sheen similar to that of the helmet, I guess it would be nice, but I just don't think it's realistic to expect that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205694242

(video at bottom of article)

So apparently there is something special about the shoes in the Nebraska - Wisconsin UnRivaled game, has anybody heard anything about this? It looks like judging from the video they do something when on camera.

Bret Bielema has said that it has something to do with their reaction to light.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Western Michigan is getting new uniforms for their game against Toledo this weekend.

http://www.footballscoop.com/news/7492-western-michigan-rolls-out-sweet-new-uniforms

Those helmets..... they were..... real..... oh god why?!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Western Michigan is getting new uniforms for their game against Toledo this weekend.

http://www.footballscoop.com/news/7492-western-michigan-rolls-out-sweet-new-uniforms

Those helmets..... they were..... real..... oh god why?!

Worst part is, and is the first thing any car enthusiasts will notice, is that it's the terrible "printed on" carbon fiber. Not even close to the real product's look.

Compare this:

carbonclose.jpg

To this, true carbon:

%2361052-50.jpg

<_< Thanks for playing...

The helmets need to go! The jersey does not look that bad. If they pants had striping to match the pants then it may be okay. However, overall I would say 3 out of 10.

spacer.png

Archived