College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing the new WMU uniforms, it has solidified my thought that I really, realllyy don't like the TechFit uniforms. No room for shoulder striping when a team has it, no belt on the pants make it look like they're wearing sweatpants...ugh.

Most players don't wear belts, regardless of jersey manufacturer.

I'm not buying that. Nike has the majority of college football teams and most, if not all, of their pants use belts.

I would say that belts, drawstrings, and zippers are all being phased out of football in favor of super stretch...look at all of the updated teams from adidas and nike and you'll see that stretch pants are the norm.

Nike's new speed machine pants use a belt. Not sure what you're talking about.

to clarify belts are now fashion over function...they will be obsolete in a few years.

I don't know about that, but I was responding to the point that "most players don't wear belts."

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

What to looks to be a new orange camo PCR uniform for Oklahoma State, including helmets. Excuse me while I gag.

camo_standard_1348614340_730.jpg

Aewful

SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION:

This is what OSU should look like

beavers_npcwh_h_1.jpg?pictureId=10927449

beavers_npcwh_r_1.jpg?pictureId=10927730

beavers_npcwh_h_3.jpg?pictureId=10927452

You think Oklahoma state should be Oregon State?

HA! Whoops! Completely ƒucked that one up. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Still, a terrible, terrible look.

What to looks to be a new orange camo PCR uniform for Oklahoma State, including helmets. Excuse me while I gag.

I have no words...

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I have no words...

I can't F***ing believe it. They ruined their awesome identity with this piece of crap. :angered: Congrats Oklahoma State, you have one of the worst uniforms of all time. The only team that will look appropriate with full uniform camo is Army. This is Unf***ing believable.

This is worthy of a group facepalm

Epic_Facepalm.jpg

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

It's almost like I've seen that number font before.... <_<<_<

Oregon-State-Pro-Combat-Uniforms4.jpg

Fake...

Here's a closer look at the numbers.

camo3_medium.JPG

Not to rain on your parade or be that guy, but I don't think those are the same numbers. The 5's are flat on the inside negative space on the bottom half on the Oregon State one, but the close up Oklahoma State has rounded negative spaces on the 5's bottom halves. Maybe I'm not seeing it correctly though

I know it has been said before, but UCLA really needs to change uniform companies because those stripes are horrible!

Yeah, a transition to Nike would do them a lot of good. Nike doesn't do the stripes properly either but they'd still be better than that TechFit mess.

I would suggest that based on the picture below that Nike can do a better job than Adidas any day.

19edfb29extra_large.jpg

If you're comparing solely to the TechFit. The Nike uniform isn't any better than the old standard template that all companies have been using for 20 years. It actually looks very similar (as far as the stripes go) to the template Reebok had them in before players began testing the TechFit-like jersey.

to clarify belts are now fashion over function...they will be obsolete in a few years.

I think that statement is completely, irrefutably wrong.

A belt is much more functional than an elastic waistband and always will be.

How so? What function does a belt provide that an elastic waistband doesn't? It's extra weight, something that an opponent can grab onto, and more potential for injury. An elastic waist provides the perfect fit every time without any of those drawbacks. I prefer belts, but looks are belts' only advantage.

It's almost like I've seen that number font before.... <_<<_<

Oregon-State-Pro-Combat-Uniforms4.jpg

Fake...

Here's a closer look at the numbers.

camo3_medium.JPG

Not to rain on your parade or be that guy, but I don't think those are the same numbers. The 5's are flat on the inside negative space on the bottom half on the Oregon State one, but the close up Oklahoma State has rounded negative spaces on the 5's bottom halves. Maybe I'm not seeing it correctly though

They are not the same numerals (serifs on top of the 5s) but they are indeed cut from the same cloth.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

How so? What function does a belt provide that an elastic waistband doesn't? It's extra weight, something that an opponent can grab onto, and more potential for injury. An elastic waist provides the perfect fit every time without any of those drawbacks. I prefer belts, but looks are belts' only advantage.

Do I really have to explain why belts are better?

Put on a pair of elastic waist pants and have your friends tug on them and try to pull them off. Now put on a pair of pants with a belt and do the same thing. If you're doing it right, a belt will keep your pants on longer.

Put on a pair of elastic waist pants and have your friends tug on them and try to pull them off. Now put on a pair of pants with a belt and do the same thing. If you're doing it right, a belt will keep your pants on longer.

Exactly. Also, the pants may fit your legs well, but not your waist. That's why a belt works better. It's always good to know that your belt is tight around you, and your pants won't fall.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I think the difference is negligible if the elastic waisted pants are fitted properly. Players' pants falling down are not exactly a major concern, either, considering how rarely it happens in any sport, including those in which elastic waists are the norm, like soccer and basketball.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived