College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Funny you should say that since the school is about to go through a Nike rebranding similar to Okie State, ASU and TCU.

I wonder what other schools are doing that for next year... UConn, anyone?

It is an 18-24 month process. No other schools going through it right now (besides OrSt) that I know of.

Isn't Illinois implementing a rebrand with Nike that is going to take roughly the same amount of time starting next year?

They might be, but just getting new unis isn't the same thing. A google of 'nike graphic identity group illinois" doesn't seem to indicate they are getting the full rebrand, but I don't know.

I've read on an Illinois board that the new uniforms next year are part of a rebrand that will be implemented over two years. I haven't seen anything official from Nike or the athletic department on it yet, maybe someone else has.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan State plays UM this coming Saturday. Any word on a Pro Combat uniform for MSU?

The Pro Combat Rivalry program is over.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think Notre Dame's pants are an exception to what I'd normally think about a uniform. Obviously most people hate when the pants and helmets are supposed to be the same color but look different. But what ND did with their helmets makes it impossible to match the pants. I like the new helmets a lot more than the old ones. Since they're not going to be able to make the pants look exactly the same, going with the khaki-type pants goes with the classic identity that ND is trying to portray. Classic from the neck down with an actual gold dome is fine by me.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Good look at ND's gold facemasks:

466474_509133029116248_624579766_o.jpg

hmm they sure looked gray on tv...also those flat mustard pants look absolutely terrible on tv...they completely clash with the ultra shiny helmets.

In person, they match very well. Not sure what it is about pictures and videos, but they match very well in person.

Apologies if this has been posted already but UNLV wore Gray jerseys against in state rival Nevada for the Fremont Cannon, and under the UNLV on the helmet had a red Fremont Cannon. I thought this was a nice touch for the rivalry.

Images towards the bottom of the article.

Las Vegas Sun

sig.jpg

2nrf2wl.jpg

2upwinm.jpg

Yes! Two of my top three college football uniforms, in action against each other. (And Temple with maroon pants to boot--I think that is the first time they've done that.) The ONLY thing keeping Temple from absolute perfection is the helmet logo--had they kept the radially-arched script "Temple" on there, it would've completed the old-school vibe there. That UConn set has no flaws--one-color-plus-white done right, whether mono or mix-and-match.

I saw this game on TV (shock and amazement, right?) and I must say...I really liked the way it appeared on the HD screen. Not just the helmets...the entire ensemble. Now I don't know how much the night lights had to do with it, but if ND insists on flat fabric, the darker shade of gold is definitely the way to go. (Now someone pass that memo on to the New Orleans Saints.) If not for those trash-looking TechFit tops, this right here, if they KEEP IT, would vault right back up into the top tier of college football uniforms--especially since they went back to the ND logo on the sleeves, as it should be.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I could be mistaken, but I believe this is the first time Temple has used red pants with this home uniform set.

2nrf2wl.jpg

2upwinm.jpg

That was a great looking game. I love both of those uniforms.

That is a really good uni matchup, love Temple's 90's style and Uconn's whole set especially the #'s.

2nrf2wl.jpg

2upwinm.jpg

Yes! Two of my top three college football uniforms, in action against each other. (And Temple with maroon pants to boot--I think that is the first time they've done that.) The ONLY thing keeping Temple from absolute perfection is the helmet logo--had they kept the radially-arched script "Temple" on there, it would've completed the old-school vibe there. That UConn set has no flaws--one-color-plus-white done right, whether mono or mix-and-match.

I saw this game on TV (shock and amazement, right?) and I must say...I really liked the way it appeared on the HD screen. Not just the helmets...the entire ensemble. Now I don't know how much the night lights had to do with it, but if ND insists on flat fabric, the darker shade of gold is definitely the way to go. (Now someone pass that memo on to the New Orleans Saints.) If not for those trash-looking TechFit tops, this right here, if they KEEP IT, would vault right back up into the top tier of college football uniforms--especially since they went back to the ND logo on the sleeves, as it should be.

obviously it's personal preference but there was a pregame documentary that had practice footage where they were wearing the old shiny pants with the current helmets and the shiny light gold looked 10000x better.

I'm surprised TCU's purple "hydrochrome" helmet by HGI hasn't gotten as much Love. That thing is just gorgeous...

Then let me go on record as saying TCU now has some of my favorite helmets in college football... a definite Top 5, if not a top 3.

Archived