College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas A&M is never going to get beyond A&M status. Texans see all that BS in College Station and back away saying nooooo thanks.

And by "BS" you mean actually winning games? ;)

No, typically thin-skinned Aggie, it's your "culture" and the A&M label, they are huge turn-offs to most people in Texas. When A&M sucked up all those smaller schools (Texas A&I, West Texas State, etc.) into this ready-made Texas A&M system, people gagged. They did not want to be asssociated with A&M in any way, so much so there are movements in Canyon and Kingsville to reclaim their old names. Won't happen but the fact that they are vibrant these many years later says something.

FsQiF2W.png

Middle Tennessee State at Western Kentucky are going color-on-color tonight. WKU is wearing red jersey and red pants for the first time with their newest set. MTSU should have wore their all-black set as their normal set looks bad.

249356_10151138320528790_625604364_n.jpg

spacer.png

Texas A&M is never going to get beyond A&M status. Texans see all that BS in College Station and back away saying nooooo thanks.

And by "BS" you mean actually winning games? ;)

No, typically thin-skinned Aggie, it's your "culture" and the A&M label, they are huge turn-offs to most people in Texas.

Yet Texas A&M has the largest enrollment of any university in the state. I guess the "culture" isn't scaring too many people away. Nice try with the blanket statement though. I can only speak for the Houston area, but I have seen a dramatic increase in interest from casual sports fans in A&M's football team since this season has begun. Should A&M turn into a top 10 team while competing in the SEC, I can see A&M getting much "state pride" love from those who have no ties to any of the other major schools.

Now back on topic about Texas Tech's Lone Star pride uni's, I saw this photo from a Lubbock retailer that shows the star from the shoulder on the left side of the helmet. Not a big fan of dual sided helmet in this case.

lonestarprideWEB.jpg.

Quantity of students does not automatically correlate to quality of students. Besides, according to the most recent statistics available from the Department of Education, Texas has a larger enrollment than Texas A&M.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I never said anything about the quality, even though as an engineer I'd say I got one damn fine quality education. I was merely countering the claim that the Texas A&M culture is a "huge turn-off to most people in Texas." A&M may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it does not seem to have trouble attracting many students and fans. Also, you may want to update your stats. A&M passed UT in enrollment in '11 and the preliminary numbers for 2012 show that it still is the highest enrolled school in the state. Thanks and Gig em.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_Texas_by_enrollment#cite_note-4

Well, of course A&M has the advantage in that case. One main campus plus two branch campuses vs. the single campus in Austin? That's not a fair comparison. Going solely by the primary campuses alone, UT-Austin has A&M beat.

UT-Austin: 51,145

A&M, not counting Galveston and Doha: 49,605

In any case, this discussion is wholly irrelevant to the discussion at hand, so I suggest we consider the matter closed and move on.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

agreed. now back to logos. Under Armour/Texas Tech are putting the "pride" shoulder stars on more places. You can buy your very own texas tech pride star hoodie. The TT logo in the state outline works as a much better logo for this concept than a generic star. Looking at the star alone, nothing distinguishes it as being a Texas Tech logo. This star works as a uniform element, but not as a primary logo for the helmet or merchandise

thumb.jpg

What? There's no gray jersey there. It's dark green, black, green and white.

shoot, I just noticed the jerseys and helmets.

Just tweeted by the Oregon cheerleaders, A look at the front of the white helmet and possible new

black helmet

https://twitter.com/...status/26414380

sG6Ba.jpg

What's up ladies?

So they do have gray jerseys.

No, those are tan

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived